St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amazing how many fellow fans from various clubs, some not even in our league and in one case not even in the Juniors, are so interested in the Candy.
Maybe we could interest them in our online shop.

Yes we will even give them a 10% first order discount if they quote GOBSHITE10 when placing there order [emoji23]

2 minutes ago, king Henrik7 said:

Hows ginge settling in since he signed from East Kilbride?

Back to football, nice!

Well, he came in to challenge Starky...which Conor O'Brien was supposed to do last season...and despite some good performances in pre season, an a couple of turn outs in the sections...i fully expected Starky to start as #1. As i rate Starky very very highly, my suspicions where that, Ginge would be away by September, as he's too good to just sit about.

However, Starkys mouth grabbed him a suspension and Ginge has grabbed the jersey and doesn't look like giving it up. He had a good game vs Blantyre, commanding his defence well, made an important early stop and generally looking assured...then on Saturday vs Rossvale, at 1-0 he made 2 cracking blocks from 1 on 1s and once again, commanded his box well.

If he keeps this up, jersey is his for the losing.

Back to football, nice!
Well, he came in to challenge Starky...which Conor O'Brien was supposed to do last season...and despite some good performances in pre season, an a couple of turn outs in the sections...i fully expected Starky to start as #1. As i rate Starky very very highly, my suspicions where that, Ginge would be away by September, as he's too good to just sit about.
However, Starkys mouth grabbed him a suspension and Ginge has grabbed the jersey and doesn't look like giving it up. He had a good game vs Blantyre, commanding his defence well, made an important early stop and generally looking assured...then on Saturday vs Rossvale, at 1-0 he made 2 cracking blocks from 1 on 1s and once again, commanded his box well.
If he keeps this up, jersey is his for the losing.

He's a good lad wee ginge. Very good shot stopper n will save you's a good few points this season.

As for the goalkeeper situation it's a real tough one as for me starky is one of the best in business but he got himself a suspension and ginge has came in and done a job so it's probably only fair that he keeps the jersey till he loses it but a keeper like starky won't hang round long playing second fiddle so real tough decision for the management team that one

As for the goalkeeper situation it's a real tough one as for me starky is one of the best in business but he got himself a suspension and ginge has came in and done a job so it's probably only fair that he keeps the jersey till he loses it but a keeper like starky won't hang round long playing second fiddle so real tough decision for the management team that one

Hard one for the gaffer and the management team.

Hows aaron miller getting on guys

He's done very well in both games. He is willing to do the doggies(when you are men down, you need it) and offers when going long and short. Holds up well and troubles defences. I was delighted he got his goal at the weekend too. Seems a nice lad.
Hope he keeps it up...and then has a successful career in league football afterwards.

Archived