St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Kinky Afro said:

Red for Stop, Green for....

I watched a great film during the week about that Stephen Hawking guy. In a mysterious world and universe he was searching for the the perfect single equation that would explain everything. Even the greatest minds are stretched and I think the day I finally crack the secrets of The Game will be a long way in the future. As my world spins faster and faster and I get back up to speed after a funny few years, this crazy game seems to have magical mysteries and mind numbing puzzles that still make me look on in wonderment and shake my head as it's Black Hole like gravitational pull keeps me there despite myself. Like most of us, I crossed the Event Horizon a long time ago. I still think that football is simple though and The Cosmological Constant runs through the Candy game as well. It is only complicated by players, as some famous Liverpool manager once said. I suppose that is why we love the Disorder from Order and the game and our team and our players and the mayhem as much as we do the good times. In the Candy Cosmos, nothing is ever predictable. As a fan, you do get the feeling that there is something Super & Natural at play.........

Grey skies cleared with my head after a few beers, twas the weekend after all. The day was planned, split between 2 games, both following the Saints. JMcG park, radiant in sunshine and stripey grass, the first game of the season hope and bluster of the fans with a distant dream of promotion and potential immortality. The first game of the season does that to everyone... we are all Star Gazer Geezers as we look to the heavens. I knew we had been struggling numbers wise and I heard we had 10 fit players, so as I spoke to a Blantyre polo shirted guy under the shed and heard about their ex Hibs centre forward who had banged a couple in against Perthshire the weekend before and heard how he was a handful, I wondered. The Candy Fan Shop was open and doing a roaring trade and it all adds to the development of the club and is credit to the people of the Roch who are trying to make our world that little bit more wondrous. Well done. I walk round to beside the dug out as the Candy huddle up and off we go. We start well and despite my pre match nerves we settle in and take the lead through a perfect free kick, dispatched into the top corner in one of those floaty curving clipped "Ower the Waw Fae Keiron Daw" moments that have the fans in Raptures. A brief chat with a Rossvale scout/spy who has been telling me he thinks if Vics beat is then Blantyre could do a Camby.... before our goal and my joy is quickly cut by a end of the world work call and that's my lotemoji30.png I head to the car on the phone to restore World Order and my old man waddles out at half time, the Candy 2-1 up. I hear "the wee baldy guy that scored the first" scored the second and off we pop to game 2..... Twitter my Saviour as I watch our second half unfold.....

It is difficult to comment Too much on another Two red cards a I am declaring myself absent after half and hour, however if Hawking is right then there are common themes and a Universal truth. Even Billy Ocean sang "Red card means danger". Red means stop and a team Decimated by red cards becomes not a Super Squad but a Super Nova. I don't think we are good enough to keep going like this throughout the season and although I have heard that at least one of the reds may have been unlucky, we have been unlucky 7 times in the last 2 games!! That might even be a junior record and that is going some. Incase anyone thinks it is wrong to mention this, I would like to clarify that I haven't had a red card in the last 2 games and neither have any of the other fans who will no doubt be paying their cash again in weeks to come watching us play below full strength teams as we struggle for players due to suspensions. I can't go it at all and a continuation of this makes it a certainty there will certainly be no Champagne before our Super Nova. Rant over as I have already published several papers on this subject....

It is credit to the 10 then 9 that they hung in and got 3 points on the board and I hope (and I know for a fact) a few people may soon be receiving some Universal Truths of Fitbaw. If you don't want to buckle down and apply yourself then you are best moving on, if you want to pretend to be a player then move on, if you are not prepared to listen and apply yourself then move on, if the penny hasn't dropped then best move on. These are the Laws of the Football Universe and Solar System we move in. It is not too late for some and us as a group but we need to refocus and keep the passion but also the heed. It's all right getting angry but it is all about how you react to getting angry. Calling the ref a bstd or trying a sly elbow in someone's face off the ball (I saw it after 15 mins yesterday and lucky the ref didn't, from someone who should know better as wellemoji30.png) It will be hard enough to get promoted with 11 players per match and a full fit suspension free squad.

d1c5bd983f6293ca882678bb3c4922f2.jpgThis is simple and a cry from the terraces, it isn't The Black Hole Entropy Formula (pictured.. I'm sure you all knew anyway!!) I think therefor I am, some don't think and therefor they are not. They are the laws that apply to everyone and we are all together in this great big swirling mass of emotion and passion that is The Game.

Do you really want to be part of it?

Mon the Candy!

MTC!emoji172.pngemoji460.pngemoji106.png

9b7962005c22e5f3b92705088d4568dc.jpgf51c82e856be568646565c07f1c225d6.jpg0ea28801d1e3ab55557eff680c490073.jpg

Good stuff Kinky,and while Stevie's certainly had his problems with Black Holes,the wee man surely merits our respect after spending time coaching (check the Homeboy's equation..ignoring the donuts at the bottom) the troops at Moe's.  :)

In one of many mathematical gags, Homer's second equation appears to disprove Fermat's last theorem

I have just saw Noah's Ark float past my window and an old guy with a long beard and wet straggly hair shouted out one of the port holes..."See you at the Rossvale game big man. How dae mer teams no huv they 4G hings?"....."nae money mate" I replied, "The poppy also impacts on the size of our squad... that's why we ur gubbed wae suspensions and struggle for numbers"....."ah dinnae hae that problem Kinky... ah've goat 22 players in here"..... he is a very witty man that Noah....

Mon the brollies[emoji299]️

MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

f40146f5f2eda819fe6324e8e7bca3af.jpg

Took in Renfrew v Pollok semi final last night.

Finished 2-0 and Pollok basically cruised it and that's taking nothing away from Renfrew. Pollok were a different class.

Thing is, in the second half for no apparent reason two Pollok players completely lost the plot and got sent off. Maybe there's a red card bug going about.

I think Dom asked to go and pushed for the move, it wasn't the club angling to get him out. If he is playing then it is better for him than sitting on the bench at the Candy that's for sure. I for one wish him good luck and look forward to him coming back fit and ready.
The last time we played at a 4G type pitch it had a sterile feel of uniformity. I have driven past Huntershill as it was getting built and now that it is in use it does have that same feel of a big installation. I might be being harsh and we will see today. I know there was some discussion about boycotting the game as a protest against the lack of fan facilities provided by the council but I would think it would be better to go, see what they are and then complain if you feel the need. Also, I'm not a fan of starving clubs in our league of the little bit of ££ they get through the gate. It's tough for us all.
Hopefully we get the result and if we do, that will represent a really solid start to the season in my opinion. Get the players back from holidays, injuries, suspensions, loan.... [emoji848]Jesus... it's no easy getting a team together is it?

Mon the Candy!
MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

Amazing grit and determination from the 9 men left on the pitch. Was happy to leave with the point with 9 men. But we'll done for getting stuck in and take the 3 points.
Hopefully the discipline returns and we can go from strength to strength.
Mon the candy.

Returns?

Sectional league cup quarter final.Enough said!

The game that the ref lost the plot. Sent off 2 players for apparently hearing something said. One of which was on the words of his linesman who I think did not properly know the laws of the game due to some of his dubious decisions.
So you base your opinion on our club on 1 game with at least half of our squad being new to the club.

Archived