St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

Yes cambuslang deserved there win tho I maintain the refereeing and linesman decisions absolutely killed the game .

Thought we were far too light in the middle of the pitch which let camby attack at will at times and meant we often never won the second ball .

I was really impressed by there number 10 and 11 who looked a cut above everyone else on the pitch and credit to the number 4 who looked at kick off the weakest link but the guy defended old school and barely lost a tackle or header all match .

To be fair I think there is an over reaction to green hoodie man he gave the linesman stick but deservedly so as he ruined the game imo and if a fan does not enter the field of play then I see no harm in his behaviour not something I would do myself but hardly the crime of the century

Lastly I sadly have too agree we let our own high standards slip tonight with the shouts of *********** etc we are better than that and that's something we as fans must address and cut out as people should be talking about what a fantastic support we take to matches in big numbers not the other stuff which we don't need to do

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! First of all I would like to wish Camby good luck in the next round. Some good guys over there, on and off the pitch and I spoke to a lot of them tonight. Good luck for the rest of the season. We were soundly beaten by a faster, fitter, more composed and technically better team who put us to the sword. The final score line was immaterial and shades the fact which was we were humped. We did compete at times and had a few good passing moves, I'd say we had about 10 minutes where we held our own but for the vast majority of the game we couldn't get a foothold and were chasing shadows. This was due in part to a strange set up which had a few people playing out of position and we just got out muscled and overran before we changed it.

I saw some things tonight that I haven't ever seen in football before and although it wasn't pantomime season, the ref and linesmen played the role of villains well, the 2 Camby ugly sisters at centre half did well too, oh no they didn't, oh yes they did. They defended well and we never had a shot on target. Their keeper Ian could have bit his shirt back in the kit bag for next week, he won't need to wash his gloves. The wee lad with the bun haircut who scored the first was great and it was a relief when he got the hook after a second half knock. Their 11 wae the left fit caused us havoc and the 8 was good too. I am not calling any of our lads out as everyone there has eyes and can make their own judgement. Many fans did and it was more vocal and less balanced than mine. We picked up 2 calamitous red cards, one seemed like mistaken identity... we on the sidelines don't know. You have to think the ref knows what he is doing. Good knows what happened for the third goal though... never ever seen that decision made for an incident like that..[emoji47]

This was the night where the after match team talk is "go home and look in the mirror". Time for big hearts to step up and hold their hands up. You live and learn, I hope we learn. It was a lot of game for £6 and my head is buzzing with it. I read Scott's post and agree that we won't face many teams like that again.. just as well I say. We were out ran, out thought, out faught, out passed, out scored and a rinsed out washed out faded long summer sunset shadow of our former selves. A very poor and thought provoking bad bad bad evening at the Camby branch office. My only 2 consolations being that I know we can play better and I did enjoy some of the banter and patter. There are better times ahead. Please... let there be better times ahead.

Mon the Candy.
MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji460]️1a65f30b20d469240ba575cb8bd05191.jpg

Same thing every day at noon. Buy a coffee and an Evening Times, do the Suduko followed by the crosswords and keep the Junior report for last. I knew something was wrong as soon i saw the picture of Jordan Halsman wearing the Green jersey of St Roch's. Haud oan, did this fella leave or what?  I read the article again. He signed for Cambuslang Rangers!!!

I'll finish off by saying well done to Cambuslang Rangers on a fine win.

Wow! First of all I would like to wish Camby good luck in the next round. Some good guys over there, on and off the pitch and I spoke to a lot of them tonight. Good luck for the rest of the season. We were soundly beaten by a faster, fitter, more composed and technically better team who put us to the sword. The final score line was immaterial and shades the fact which was we were humped. We did compete at times and had a few good passing moves, I'd say we had about 10 minutes where we held our own but for the vast majority of the game we couldn't get a foothold and were chasing shadows. This was due in part to a strange set up which had a few people playing out of position and we just got out muscled and overran before we changed it.

I saw some things tonight that I haven't ever seen in football before and although it wasn't pantomime season, the ref and linesmen played the role of villains well, the 2 Camby ugly sisters at centre half did well too, oh no they didn't, oh yes they did. They defended well and we never had a shot on target. Their keeper Ian could have bit his shirt back in the kit bag for next week, he won't need to wash his gloves. The wee lad with the bun haircut who scored the first was great and it was a relief when he got the hook after a second half knock. Their 11 wae the left fit caused us havoc and the 8 was good too. I am not calling any of our lads out as everyone there has eyes and can make their own judgement. Many fans did and it was more vocal and less balanced than mine. We picked up 2 calamitous red cards, one seemed like mistaken identity... we on the sidelines don't know. You have to think the ref knows what he is doing. Good knows what happened for the third goal though... never ever seen that decision made for an incident like that..[emoji47]

This was the night where the after match team talk is "go home and look in the mirror". Time for big hearts to step up and hold their hands up. You live and learn, I hope we learn. It was a lot of game for £6 and my head is buzzing with it. I read Scott's post and agree that we won't face many teams like that again.. just as well I say. We were out ran, out thought, out faught, out passed, out scored and a rinsed out washed out faded long summer sunset shadow of our former selves. A very poor and thought provoking bad bad bad evening at the Camby branch office. My only 2 consolations being that I know we can play better and I did enjoy some of the banter and patter. There are better times ahead. Please... let there be better times ahead.

Mon the Candy.
MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji460]️1a65f30b20d469240ba575cb8bd05191.jpg

Great post and what I like is the honesty about the way you always write. I prefer this type of account of a match to the verse type responses, but others will have different views.

So articulate so thanks.

4 hours ago, Toffee fan said:

Great post and what I like is the honesty about the way you always write. I prefer this type of account of a match to the verse type responses, but others will have different views.

So articulate so thanks.

well said, nice photo as well. 

Well today's high noon friendly lasted only 45 minutes before being abandoned due to a dangerous waterlogged pitch and tbh probably the correct decision as we don't want to see players from either team getting injured.

The 45 minutes we did play was actually quite enjoyable with the candy fielding a young trialist from Clyde fc Aaron miller who scored our opening goal and had an impressive 1st half and whom we promptly signed on loan till end of the year.

Shettleston themselves looked to field a completely different side from the one we routed 5-0 in the cup a couple of weeks ago and looked much better for it especially the no.4 who was a complete beast of a specimen and could actually play aswell certainly a player I hope we keep tabs on especially if he was just a trialist for them.

Shettleston then scored a good goal from some nice build up play to level the match but candy restarted there lead through McDonald who himself scored a lovely individual goal and that's how half time and the match was too end 2-1 to candy .

The game may have been a washout but it worked out well as I think miller can certainly add something to the side and that sets us up well for our opening league fixture vs Blantyre.

On 27/08/2017 at 02:11, Graffiti on the wall said:

Well today's high noon friendly lasted only 45 minutes before being abandoned due to a dangerous waterlogged pitch and tbh probably the correct decision as we don't want to see players from either team getting injured.

The 45 minutes we did play was actually quite enjoyable with the candy fielding a young trialist from Clyde fc Aaron miller who scored our opening goal and had an impressive 1st half and whom we promptly signed on loan till end of the year.

Shettleston themselves looked to field a completely different side from the one we routed 5-0 in the cup a couple of weeks ago and looked much better for it especially the no.4 who was a complete beast of a specimen and could actually play aswell certainly a player I hope we keep tabs on especially if he was just a trialist for them.

Shettleston then scored a good goal from some nice build up play to level the match but candy restarted there lead through McDonald who himself scored a lovely individual goal and that's how half time and the match was too end 2-1 to candy .

The game may have been a washout but it worked out well as I think miller can certainly add something to the side and that sets us up well for our opening league fixture vs Blantyre.

The young wide player who was subbed on 30 mins was the only trialist we had everyone else are signed up. Ross Dickson will do a job there just needs games

Young Aaron Millar done well on Saturday has signed on loan until the end of the year. Was impressed with the lads that Shug has brought in, they looked decent.

Ross Dickson has been a wee bit unfortunate with work commitments, holiday and illness but will be a key player for us this season.

Grey, Red, Blue and Candy Green.

The dawn breaks on a new league season and reality dawns in the grey clouds, puffed and promising something to come on a chilly morning as I look out the window and wonder. A season that fizzled out, taking with it the hopes of higher plains left the fans low, just like they clouds, large in number but just kind of there and resigned to our purpose. What lies ahead?

Pre season has been Candy Sweet Suger with a group topping performance in the league cup and then a Peasie Pumping and a Camby Calamity where we ended up with a handful of pish red cards which will hit and haunt the players and fans alike. What would I like to see and what do I expect??? It is quite simple....

If you drop your standards in football then you are nothing. It doesn't matter what level you play at, if you don't give 100% every game and work hard and keep the heed then you let yourself and the management and the fans down. If you give everything you can and do your best then our skill and tactics and teamwork will take us as far as we are meant to go. If we ain't good enough to go up then so be it, there is a dignity in being defeated when you have done and given everything you can. 100% effort and no shitey bookings or red cards, that's what I want. What will happen?? I think we will have a solid season and I think the fans will stick with the team and if we get Rid of the Red (cards and most) then this can be a great season and perhaps we can get over the line. We certainly won't if we pick up suspensions and lose the plot. A red card doesn't show you have fight, it shows you couldn't manage yourself during the game. It's all about standards....

Those Couds are starting to Clear, there are blue skies behind them. I always knew that when you get rid of the bad, there is infinite good behind it and the sky is full of a Celestial Candy Combination of hope and promise...and that really does have no limits....

Mon the Candy!
MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]bb671c1365ed37358e040ecc2484727a.jpg

I hope young Aaron Millar does well for you. Has had a few opportunities around our first team but I'm sure he'll be looking forward to some regular game time. I hope he develops well and kicks on.

My motm today Scott certainly offers us something different upfront and showed great maturity in keeping the ball and not giving it away cheaply when we went down to 10 then 9 men

5 minutes ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

My motm today Scott certainly offers us something different upfront and showed great maturity in keeping the ball and not giving it away cheaply when we went down to 10 then 9 men

Very glad to hear that.

Grey, Red, Blue and Candy Green.

The dawn breaks on a new league season and reality dawns in the grey clouds, puffed and promising something to come on a chilly morning as I look out the window and wonder. A season that fizzled out, taking with it the hopes of higher plains left the fans low, just like they clouds, large in number but just kind of there and resigned to our purpose. What lies ahead?

Pre season has been Candy Sweet Suger with a group topping performance in the league cup and then a Peasie Pumping and a Camby Calamity where we ended up with a handful of pish red cards which will hit and haunt the players and fans alike. What would I like to see and what do I expect??? It is quite simple....

If you drop your standards in football then you are nothing. It doesn't matter what level you play at, if you don't give 100% every game and work hard and keep the heed then you let yourself and the management and the fans down. If you give everything you can and do your best then our skill and tactics and teamwork will take us as far as we are meant to go. If we ain't good enough to go up then so be it, there is a dignity in being defeated when you have done and given everything you can. 100% effort and no shitey bookings or red cards, that's what I want. What will happen?? I think we will have a solid season and I think the fans will stick with the team and if we get Rid of the Red (cards and most) then this can be a great season and perhaps we can get over the line. We certainly won't if we pick up suspensions and lose the plot. A red card doesn't show you have fight, it shows you couldn't manage yourself during the game. It's all about standards....

Those Couds are starting to Clear, there are blue skies behind them. I always knew that when you get rid of the bad, there is infinite good behind it and the sky is full of a Celestial Candy Combination of hope and promise...and that really does have no limits....

Mon the Candy!
MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]bb671c1365ed37358e040ecc2484727a.jpg

Sadly the piss red cards continued
Daw I thought was extremely unlucky but Naismith talked his way into a red card and when already down to 10 was the last thing we needed but on the positive side the makeshift side worked extremely hard scored a couple of great goals and for me deservedly took all 3 pts so we can take great heart from that kind of performance from the players when the chips were down .
I was impressed especially by the kid millar and I thought Dickson had his best performance in a candy shirt but other than a needless red I can't fault the team today as I thought we were excellent

5 hours ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

when we went down to 10 then 9 men

Had to leave early and missed the second sending off. Shocked tbh. Problem with all the red cards is we'll turn up one Saturday and the supporters will need to step up and wear the green jerseys. Kinky for Kaptain.........

Red for Stop, Green for....

I watched a great film during the week about that Stephen Hawking guy. In a mysterious world and universe he was searching for the the perfect single equation that would explain everything. Even the greatest minds are stretched and I think the day I finally crack the secrets of The Game will be a long way in the future. As my world spins faster and faster and I get back up to speed after a funny few years, this crazy game seems to have magical mysteries and mind numbing puzzles that still make me look on in wonderment and shake my head as it's Black Hole like gravitational pull keeps me there despite myself. Like most of us, I crossed the Event Horizon a long time ago. I still think that football is simple though and The Cosmological Constant runs through the Candy game as well. It is only complicated by players, as some famous Liverpool manager once said. I suppose that is why we love the Disorder from Order and the game and our team and our players and the mayhem as much as we do the good times. In the Candy Cosmos, nothing is ever predictable. As a fan, you do get the feeling that there is something Super & Natural at play.........

Grey skies cleared with my head after a few beers, twas the weekend after all. The day was planned, split between 2 games, both following the Saints. JMcG park, radiant in sunshine and stripey grass, the first game of the season hope and bluster of the fans with a distant dream of promotion and potential immortality. The first game of the season does that to everyone... we are all Star Gazer Geezers as we look to the heavens. I knew we had been struggling numbers wise and I heard we had 10 fit players, so as I spoke to a Blantyre polo shirted guy under the shed and heard about their ex Hibs centre forward who had banged a couple in against Perthshire the weekend before and heard how he was a handful, I wondered. The Candy Fan Shop was open and doing a roaring trade and it all adds to the development of the club and is credit to the people of the Roch who are trying to make our world that little bit more wondrous. Well done. I walk round to beside the dug out as the Candy huddle up and off we go. We start well and despite my pre match nerves we settle in and take the lead through a perfect free kick, dispatched into the top corner in one of those floaty curving clipped "Ower the Waw Fae Keiron Daw" moments that have the fans in Raptures. A brief chat with a Rossvale scout/spy who has been telling me he thinks if Vics beat is then Blantyre could do a Camby.... before our goal and my joy is quickly cut by a end of the world work call and that's my lot[emoji30] I head to the car on the phone to restore World Order and my old man waddles out at half time, the Candy 2-1 up. I hear "the wee baldy guy that scored the first" scored the second and off we pop to game 2..... Twitter my Saviour as I watch our second half unfold.....

It is difficult to comment Too much on another Two red cards a I am declaring myself absent after half and hour, however if Hawking is right then there are common themes and a Universal truth. Even Billy Ocean sang "Red card means danger". Red means stop and a team Decimated by red cards becomes not a Super Squad but a Super Nova. I don't think we are good enough to keep going like this throughout the season and although I have heard that at least one of the reds may have been unlucky, we have been unlucky 7 times in the last 2 games!! That might even be a junior record and that is going some. Incase anyone thinks it is wrong to mention this, I would like to clarify that I haven't had a red card in the last 2 games and neither have any of the other fans who will no doubt be paying their cash again in weeks to come watching us play below full strength teams as we struggle for players due to suspensions. I can't go it at all and a continuation of this makes it a certainty there will certainly be no Champagne before our Super Nova. Rant over as I have already published several papers on this subject....

It is credit to the 10 then 9 that they hung in and got 3 points on the board and I hope (and I know for a fact) a few people may soon be receiving some Universal Truths of Fitbaw. If you don't want to buckle down and apply yourself then you are best moving on, if you want to pretend to be a player then move on, if you are not prepared to listen and apply yourself then move on, if the penny hasn't dropped then best move on. These are the Laws of the Football Universe and Solar System we move in. It is not too late for some and us as a group but we need to refocus and keep the passion but also the heed. It's all right getting angry but it is all about how you react to getting angry. Calling the ref a bstd or trying a sly elbow in someone's face off the ball (I saw it after 15 mins yesterday and lucky the ref didn't, from someone who should know better as well[emoji30]) It will be hard enough to get promoted with 11 players per match and a full fit suspension free squad.

d1c5bd983f6293ca882678bb3c4922f2.jpgThis is simple and a cry from the terraces, it isn't The Black Hole Entropy Formula (pictured.. I'm sure you all knew anyway!!) I think therefor I am, some don't think and therefor they are not. They are the laws that apply to everyone and we are all together in this great big swirling mass of emotion and passion that is The Game.

Do you really want to be part of it?

Mon the Candy!

MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

9b7962005c22e5f3b92705088d4568dc.jpgf51c82e856be568646565c07f1c225d6.jpg0ea28801d1e3ab55557eff680c490073.jpg

Since we're on a quantum physics theme, the Candy fixture list which has more variations than parallel universes has just shown Wishaw away in three weeks time. Very much the dark side of the moon in the last couple of seasons in the quest for Candy victories. Although i did spy an escape hatch in the form of another fixture all going well, Wishy play the Bens next week. So with a bit of luck we won't be left behind in the Delta Quad. Hopefully the Candy can stay at warp speed next week in the neutral zone on the far side of Auchinairn Rd.

Archived