St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

Can someone tell me why it's not a set price
Thorniewood and candy £5 shettleston and camby £6 I know they are both super league one teams but I just don't understand why the quid increase

Thorniewood and Candy not super league so there a fiver but Camby and Town are super league therefore must charge a fiver. Also we have official linesmen not club ones. You will gain as the gate is now shared,after expenses are deducted

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone tell me why it's not a set price
Thorniewood and candy £5 shettleston and camby £6 I know they are both super league one teams but I just don't understand why the quid increase

For district cup ties home teams charge their normal home league admission price, it's in the West Region rulebook. Another one I don't agree with tbh.

25 minutes ago, Monalie said:

I notice that St. Rochs, Glasgow Perthshire and Neilston didn't have a game today.....seems a bit odd to have three teams idle.

Yoker v Wishaw off because of weather.

Glasgow Perthshire asked for a match postponement v St Rochs.

Then powers that be set up Neilston v St Roch's but Neilston had already had a free week so then that was cancelled.

St Roch's will play a league game in two weeks time all going well.

On 16/08/2017 at 22:04, Graffiti on the wall said:

Tonight saw us win the group section for the 1st time in 13 years so all the plaudits go to the gaffer and his team for this fantastic achievement.
3-0 up after 18 mins and an auchenleck type score was on the cards but bellshill gamely battled back into the game and pulled one back before half time to make it more respectable tbh the second half was a big of a non event but as news filtered through shettleston were winning at thorniewood we knew we could sort out the bus for cambuslang next Wednesday. Candy scored a 4th then to cap of a half decent match bellshill scored arguably one of the best goals ever saw at JMP to give us a final score of candy 4 bellshill 2
Roll on next Wednesday which will be a huge test but one we will all relish

No chance of beating cambuslang 

Most Candy are just happy to see the team playing a game what with all the games being called off.

Every chance we can beat them like we did home and away last season
We are under no illusions that it will be a tough test but with one of the best gaffers in the game and an exciting young squad we will am sure give a good account of ourselves

1 hour ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

Every chance we can beat them like we did home and away last season
We are under no illusions that it will be a tough test but with one of the best gaffers in the game and an exciting young squad we will am sure give a good account of ourselves

All we ask is the lads give it a go with a Corinthian spirit as we do every home game at Provanmill.

Well a 4-0 defeat.

I personally thought that this tie was a bit too early for us. I thought Camby would be a much more settled team than we were, which indeed proved the case...add in with the 2 defeats last season, they would put more into the match than say another higher league side who may have underestimated us.

Camby we're good for their win, dominating the second half however 4-0 seems harsh on the efforts of the Roch.

It's very frustrating when your having a rough time on the park, when a referee almost goads you into sending offs. He wasn't consistent in his bookings, the red at the free kick decision was weird...an the 3rd goal was a bit of a joke. To get picked off with 9 men was hard to take.

That said, there was enough heart and desire in the first half...we're far from the settled team we need this season, but we are still a good side.

Here's to the next one. Congrats to my pal Paul an Cambuslang on their win.

Thought we deserved the victory tonight. Was an even game first half. I actually thought the ref done ok considering the abuse and borderline intimidation he received. There's no doubt roch are a decent side who will be right up there but the man in the green hoodie who chased the linesman up and down the line should be ashamed of himself and there really is no place for that. The sub that got sent off I'm unsure what for but the centre mid who get sent off I believe was for doing a w****r sign to the official. Then musa going off injured when all subs made was a pity. I've been really impressed with Musa every time I have seen him. There is a lot of positive things happening at roch which is great to see but some of the shouts i.e. Orange b*****ds/mason b*****ds should be kept away from football and especially from our club who welcome all members of the community to our games regardless of race or culture as I'm sure the roch do as well. I hope the roch get up this year as being truthful they should have got up last year .All the best.

Thought we deserved the victory tonight. Was an even game first half. I actually thought the ref done ok considering the abuse and borderline intimidation he received. There's no doubt roch are a decent side who will be right up there but the man in the green hoodie who chased the linesman up and down the line should be ashamed of himself and there really is no place for that. The sub that got sent off I'm unsure what for but the centre mid who get sent off I believe was for doing a w****r sign to the official. Then musa going off injured when all subs made was a pity. I've been really impressed with Musa every time I have seen him. There is a lot of positive things happening at roch which is great to see but some of the shouts i.e. Orange b*****ds/mason b*****ds should be kept away from football and especially from our club who welcome all members of the community to our games regardless of race or culture as I'm sure the roch do as well. I hope the roch get up this year as being truthful they should have got up last year .All the best.

Mate, I agree with everything you said. I dipped my head when I heard the first one. Was quite embarrassed by association of the guy chasing the linesman. I didn't see the w****r sign...if that what happened then fair doos.
As I say, the third is an awful decision by the referee. I get that he was almost saying "it's yer own fault" but you can't allow that free kick to stand when it cannons off a player only 2 yards away...but alas, that's only for us to save face. Camby were excellent in the second half.

6 minutes ago, ScottMcCorry said:

Mate, I agree with everything you said. I dipped my head when I heard the first one. Was quite embarrassed by association of the guy chasing the linesman. I didn't see the w****r sign...if that what happened then fair doos.
As I say, the third is an awful decision by the referee. I get that he was almost saying "it's yer own fault" but you can't allow that free kick to stand when it cannons off a player only 2 yards away...but alas, that's only for us to save face. Camby were excellent in the second half.

Yes . The 3rd goal is one of those ones your cb is trying to be cute and hit the ball off our player and get him booked . 99 times out of 100 the ref orders a retake and booking for our striker. Use will be fine though I'm sure.

Archived