St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

Whats the chat with regards the Bellshill match. They seem to have been lost in the shuffle since the Peasy match. 2 comprehensive wins and a equally comprehensive defeat has left us needing a win to overtake Petershill, whilst at the same time avoid an 8 goal swing, when Shettleston host Thorniewood.

We beat Bellshill 3 times last season, an aside from the 5-2 in the groups last year, both remaining matches were a slog for us, so we mustn't think about looking beyond Bellshill. I'm sure the manager won't allow this, especially after a seemingly lacklustre derby performance.

I personally think we'll win (admittedly ignorant to how Bellshill are shaping up) but with Perthshire game being now off, its difficult to gauge the teams best/most comfortable XI just now. Everyone involved in the Thorniewood and Shettleston matches looked good, whilst no-one stood out in the Petershill match. I think most jerseys are there to be had.

A win brings back the feel good feeling, whilst a defeat will leave us 2 weeks of stewing before we can get back into it...so for that, tomorrow night is huuuugggeee.

Mon the Candy

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There form seems to be at bit up and down to get a point against a good petershill side suggest we will need to be on top of our game if we wish to qualify
The weather forecast for tomorrow is not good so for me it will not be a night for passing football but rather a battling sleeved rolled up face full of snotters type of performance that will see us through
I think the time for experimentation is over an our strongest X1 on the pitch consisting of whom the gaffer believes that too be .
As a fan I have my own idea on whom I hope starts tomorrow and our captain and leader big carter is the number one name on my list while I also think it's a night tailored made for Dom but it's all opinions whatever happens happens and we the fans will be there to give the team our 100% backing tho I don't expect a big crowd tomorrow due to the weather and an other match being played in the surrounding area .

14 hours ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

we the fans will be there to give the team our 100% backing tho I don't expect a big crowd tomorrow due to the weather and an other match being played in the surrounding area .

Don't see much of a crowd going to watch Shettleston.

Tonight saw us win the group section for the 1st time in 13 years so all the plaudits go to the gaffer and his team for this fantastic achievement.
3-0 up after 18 mins and an auchenleck type score was on the cards but bellshill gamely battled back into the game and pulled one back before half time to make it more respectable tbh the second half was a big of a non event but as news filtered through shettleston were winning at thorniewood we knew we could sort out the bus for cambuslang next Wednesday. Candy scored a 4th then to cap of a half decent match bellshill scored arguably one of the best goals ever saw at JMP to give us a final score of candy 4 bellshill 2
Roll on next Wednesday which will be a huge test but one we will all relish

With my hands just about thawed and able to type after last night's freeze fest, Tropical Storm BlackHill Black Skies and Deluge, a game of 3 halves, first half of first half, second half of first half and second half. Rumour, shakes of the rain soaked head, selection deconstruction and discussion, noises of unhappiness noises of the future and noises of the past. When the storms blew out, for the first time in years the Candy didn't go out with them and we march.. I say march.... two games forward, one game back and one game kind of forward back then back and forward.

We started well and they were rank rotten for 20 minutes and we should have been 4 up. As it was we were 3 up as calamitous defending and decent link up play produced the perfect storm to put us in control. The second half of first half saw a different ear battering tune from the Candy Slopify playlist and they got back in it. The 3rd half (i.e. The second half) came and went with rare sporadic outbreaks of quality from both sides, skill rarely making landfall as the storm of the league cup section whimpered out offshore, a few die hard cold and poor souls looking on and remembering the strength of this storm in the early stages. It was a subdued cheer that greeted the final whistle and more debate as we walked off. The weathermen have spotted the rumblings and the early formation of a new system just off the coast of central Glasgow, (Hurricane Revenge) which is due for landfall next Wednesday around the Cambuslang area. I hear a few stormchasers have already got their transport booked and I think I'll have a look as well.

Congratulations to the staff and the players who played, my genuine sympathies and understanding to the ones that didn't. You have to trust the weathermen ... Michael Fish

Moments are not as rare in our game as they are in real life though. Sometimes it means you get soaked.

It's all onto next Wednesday now... get Ready for the Rain, the clouds are gathering....

Mon the Candy!

MTC! [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

Fair play to the manager and players topping the league cup section for only the second time this century. 15 goals scored to 7 against with 2 away wins thrown in. Hopefully the weather and the crowd is a bit better next week at Cambuslang.

Archived