St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

What is the procedure when a game is announced
Did anyone check to see if neilston where available to play ? Or is that not procedure ?
Certainly the fans have not been considered at all with either the decision or the way it was handled

You are right 

when Perthsite asked SJFA for a free week - the fixture got changed to v Neilston - who have told SJFA that they cannot play that day because players already told they have day off

no gripe whatsoever with either club - but is there now a precedent set that clubs can request a game to be rescheduled?

last season we played 6 games in 10 days including going to Lesmahagow on a Monday night (fixture scheduled the Tuesday before) now our league season does not start till September - to be clear if we are scheduled a fixture in May that we are struggling for a team or don't have more than 7 days notice WE WILL NOT BE GOING 

...... good for the goose ...

1 hour ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

What is the procedure when a game is announced
Did anyone check to see if neilston where available to play ? Or is that not procedure ?
Certainly the fans have not been considered at all with either the decision or the way it was handled

You are right 

when Perthsite asked SJFA for a free week - the fixture got changed to v Neilston - who have told SJFA that they cannot play that day because players already told they have day off

no gripe whatsoever with either club - but is there now a precedent set that clubs can request a game to be rescheduled?

last season we played 6 games in 10 days including going to Lesmahagow on a Monday night (fixture scheduled the Tuesday before) now our league season does not start till September - to be clear if we are scheduled a fixture in May that we are struggling for a team or don't have more than 7 days notice WE WILL NOT BE GOING 

Am I right in saying a club can request a relief of fixture on one occasion through the season? I don't know if there needs to be a set amount time to request this but I believe this to be the case. For this one there doesn't seem to be a lot of notice given which is unfair on you's to be honest.

The knock on effect seems to have produced chaos off and on the park at a time of year when the weather is in Junior football's favour. Now with the second Saturday off it must mean a fourth team has been affected. Perthshire, St Roch's and then Neilston were dragged in followed by whoever we were supposed to play the second week. The fourth team must be thinking, what the eff is going on.

Because of this the Candy could find themselves 6 points behind the leading teams without kicking a ball with two outstanding games to be played next May. That's before any other games cancelled by the winter weather.

You are right 

That's all fine and well from a club point of view but again that does nothing for the fans who would have booked time from work organised transport to the match only to find out that once again they are the last folk to be informed yet again

Two wrongs don't make a right ...

Two wrongs ? Last to be informed yet again?? Are you serious???

As soon as we found out we informed the fans - immediately 

if our fans are out of pocket I urge you to contact SJFA 

if you implicating that our club can or could have done Anything  about this you are very wrong!!

Strange cos I was informed at 5 pm game was off by john sweeney nothing said by club till after 11 pm so yes I am SERIOUS
I NEVER said our club done anything wrong but yes I am concerned at the lack of information from all parties regarding this fixture and YES if we are out of pocket I will suggest WE contact the SJFA but yesterday has no relevance to my post concerning future late fixture call offs but thanks for your CONCERN anyway

Man you whine like a greeting faced senior supporter who thinks everyone is against them .Get over it and move on like the rest in juniors do when hit with this kind of thing it happens inconvenient things happens in life ffs .It's no the sjfa fault either it's west region who set out fixtures. 

Are you for real?? Our manageent team and committee are all volemteers who work for the club with no compensation - the fact that the "club" did not announce game was off till 11pmlast night and our Johnknew at 5pm says two things 

firstly we thought the fixture was changed to Neilston - secondly - someone from "theclub" - - probably one of said volunteers actually posted to tell the fans at 11pm onSaturday night speaks wonders 

give me a call when you have a genuine concern - thanks - also no need for sarcasm - my CONCERN is on Monday and Wednesdays game - you have an issue with how we are doing things speak to us - 

Wee bit of help required. St. Roch's Twitter yesterday had 7 subs listed, but you are only allowed 5.

St Roch's sub : Treacy, Carter, Febers, Daw, Craig, S.Logan, McDonald #STRVPET

S. Logan, McLuskey ( who wasn't listed) and McDonald came on, who were the other 2 who were actually on the bench?

Absolute shambles

i was 1st neilston man to notice the fixture change via see-in it on the roch twitter and contacted our club sec who was un aware of it and he had to contact mr r

ee explained to him that cause dix were announced weeks back players were told to hv weekend off n some players went n mase other plans

The worst bit about it all is wee explained to hin that if game did go ahead that would mean that 6 out 7 league games that hv been announced we hv 6 at home lol the 1st 5 all being home ties 

his reply "oh a didnt realise" (classy)

said would try get back to us and alter somehing so canceled the game and wee now jist have 4 league home games in a row lol

its chaos i agree if perthshire cant fulfil fixture there should forefit tie eapecially if they wanted to play on fri 

Archived