St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

15 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Don't know what sort of team we'll be able to field today, we already had two defenders injured before Wednesday's match at Bellshill, then lost another two to bad tackles, one of which was a shocker that saw the Bellshill player given a straight red. If neither of them make it today then that leaves us very short at the back.

We missed a penalty and a sitter late on during Wednesday's match which would have put a different slant on today's match, but the Roch are very much favourites now to qualify.

If that's Petershill without key players maybe the Candy got off lightly at 5-2. Bottom line is, Petershill are up there in the top two or three in the West outwith the Ayrshire big guns. The last 30 years are littered with the St Roch's v Petershill league section fixture in August showing up 4,5 and 6 goal wins for the Peasy. One win the West of Scotland cup is our tally v Petershill this century. Says it all.

Tbf, usually by this point in the section games the Candy the last game is meaningless yet the ball is still firmly in play for Wednesday night. Let's get behind the team midweek and give it all we've got, on and off the park.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

The lack of information was staggering I only found out from john sweeney who kindly tagged me in a tweet and said hold off hiring a bus for Saturday but we had already hired one on Saturday morning when we were told of the fixture change
I then had to spend half the night trying to find out what was happening despite sitting in a restaurant supposedly celebrating the Mrs birthday.

Sounds as though something is wrong behind the scenes down Possil way.

Petershill deserved to win no doubt...probably even by more than the 3 it ended up.

It was a local derby, they are a Super first team, we as a collective maybe got carried away...but whilst convincing wins over league rivals Thorniewood and an out of sorts Shettleston didn't make us world beaters, a comprehensive defeat to Petershill doesn't make us dumplings.

We are rebuilding and he tried something and it never worked. Win on Wednesday and barring Thorniewood totally massacring Shettleston, we qualify for the first time in ages.

As a club, when we lose we are hopeless, an when we win, the other team are hopeless. I still think we have a lot of work to do on and off the park, yesterday was a rubber stamp on that thought.

The fixtures situation is a shambles that said.

40 minutes ago, ScottMcCorry said:

Petershill deserved to win no doubt...probably even by more than the 3 it ended up.

It was a local derby, they are a Super first team, we as a collective maybe got carried away...but whilst convincing wins over league rivals Thorniewood and an out of sorts Shettleston didn't make us world beaters, a comprehensive defeat to Petershill doesn't make us dumplings.

We are rebuilding and he tried something and it never worked. Win on Wednesday and barring Thorniewood totally massacring Shettleston, we qualify for the first time in ages.

As a club, when we lose we are hopeless, an when we win, the other team are hopeless. I still think we have a lot of work to do on and off the park, yesterday was a rubber stamp on that thought.

The fixtures situation is a shambles that said.

Was yesterday a step too far for the roch or you think tiredness from Shettleston game played a part?

Best team on the day won yesterday and were worthy winners. I thought Petershill were very good yesterday and we did not have many players getting passmarks 

Regarding the fixture - I can understand Perthshire asking for fixture to be cancelled - (and have no gripe with them) for the request to be granted 7 days before the fixture is scheduled is a poor show and shows a total lack of respect for our club

two questions - if Cumnock or Kilburnie were scheduled to play day Pollok or Beith for example next Saturday would a similar request have been granted (and would a Pollock/beith have accepted this)

more importantly if we St Roch's made the request or make the request in future would it be granted - I doubt it very much 

one times I wonder why we bother!!!!

If that's Petershill without key players maybe the Candy got off lightly at 5-2. Bottom line is, Petershill are up there in the top two or three in the West outwith the Ayrshire big guns. The last 30 years are littered with the St Roch's v Petershill league section fixture in August showing up 4,5 and 6 goal wins for the Peasy. One win the West of Scotland cup is our tally v Petershill this century. Says it all.
Tbf, usually by this point in the section games the Candy the last game is meaningless yet the ball is still firmly in play for Wednesday night. Let's get behind the team midweek and give it all we've got, on and off the park.

Given how we had played in the previous 3 games I was genuinely surprised with how we played yesterday. We played with a previously untried back 3 due to having 4 defenders missing, but we keep the ball up the other end of the park better than we have done which kept a bit of pressure off the defence. Thought the two goals we lost were poor though, first one a mistake and the second coming from giving the ball away in midfield. Ref infuriated both sets of fans in equal measure.

Given how we had played in the previous 3 games I was genuinely surprised with how we played yesterday. We played with a previously untried back 3 due to having 4 defenders missing, but we keep the ball up the other end of the park better than we have done which kept a bit of pressure off the defence. Thought the two goals we lost were poor though, first one a mistake and the second coming from giving the ball away in midfield. Ref infuriated both sets of fans in equal measure.

Honestly, whilst I didn't think we played well...you guys were clinical at the correct times.
We miss an open goal, only to go 3-1 down seconds later.
After half time miss a great chance to 3-2, bang seconds later we're 4-1 down (with an amazing finish but awful defending)

I thought McManus was a joy to watch yesterday...not being from the area, I don't have the same rivalry in my blood...so I really hope that you have a great season and get back to the Premier.

On yesterday's match I thought peasy where worthy winners

Defensively I thought we were all over the place and unbalanced in midfield .

Yes some will claim the league cup is nobody's priority and yesterday we experimented but for me derby day is neither the time nor the place for that but maybe I just want to win every game and cup we play in and other people have different priorities

39 minutes ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

Surely if GP Can't forfill the fixture then they must forfeit the match

Thing is don't Perthshire have a wee bit of form with this. They moaned at the end of last season about a five week gap at the end of the season yet they never took part in the League Cup because they pulled out two seasons ago and ended up fined and barred from the cup last season.

Archived