St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

I think I'll be a part time supporter for a wee while unfortunately but will be there when I can. I was at a pre season game against Kilsyth 2 or 3 seasons ago... Hoose 10-0 Kilsyth. Never seen anything like it as if my memory serves me right it was only 1-0 at half time and there wasn't mass changes.. pre season is like the first few beers after an enforced dry spell. It doesn't take much to have you professing that "this is oor year... yoomarkmawurdz" or "warrapylashyte". The more you drink in direct contrast to expectations, your vision starts to re-focus like and the drink yourself sober phenomenon usually brings a harsh truth and the impending shadows of hangover reality. I wouldn't imagine we will beat Kilsyth 10 zip and Cumnock will be a challenge.

I always like a game against the Ayrshire sides and for me games like this have a bit of something about them and are something of an event. I think I'll make that one, being the part timer that I am! The more you drink.... the clearer it becomes...... Ayrshire.... a promised land for this promised fan....

"Now, wha this tale o’ truth shall read, Ilk man and mother’s son, take heed: Whene’er to drink you are inclin’d, Or cutty-sarks run in your mind, Think, ye may buy the joys o’er dear, Remember Tam o’ Shanter’s mare."

Perhaps I'll cut the drink and just watch more games? I might have had too much already....

Mon the Candy!
MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good workout today , some of the challenges were a bit industrial shall we say ? 9 on our 3 ? Apart from that good pies an bridies an banter with some of the lads beside us , scott , good putting a face to a name .

Good man for coming and introducing yourself. Apologies for the no highlights, a bit of a technical error on my part...
Good run out from our lads perspective, a bit of a cohesive unit forming..but a hard game non the less, despite the flattering final score line.
I appreciate that you guys had a bunch of trialists etc, but I'll leave you to dissect your own team.
Good luck for the season ahead, was nice to meet you and some of the other lads who traveled up. [emoji1303]

We were a bit poor and disjointed today , but i'm not duly worried about it , long way to go yet , in saying that your keeper had 3 excellent saves an looked pretty solid , uve a pretty experienced back line , carter, dickson and hanlon are solid juniors , no7 was stone daft even for a friendly mind lol .

U got a bit of banter from our lads ????

Best ive saw your park in a while an good wee set up inside .

An a word for the guy with the baseball cap an rugsack at the entrance to the park , very welcoming , good day apart from getting a leathering lol , cheers an good luck for the season ahead scott .[emoji41]

Guy at the door is Vice President Paul Readdie (good guy) - was a decent contest for both teams yesterday with big Starkie (Roch goalie) being difference with 4 great stops.

The Kilsyth Rangers manager Hoggy is an absolute gentleman 

Good luck to Kilsyth for the season

Unfortunately, the heads on my large camera needed cleaned on Saturday, just before kick off...and my i only caught 1 goal from 3, with my cams behind the goal (battery ran out on both). So no highlights from Saturdays friendly.

However, we are trying out post match interviews...hopefully players will have a bit more to say after competitive games :o)

Squad number for season 2017/18

1.John Stark (GK)

2.Danny Irvine

3.Robert Halliday

4.John Carter (Captain)

5.Stephen Bryson

7.Darryl Naismith

8.Kieran Daw

9.Steph Mc Donald

10.Keiran Martin

11.Ryan Craig

12. Christopher Treacy (GK)

14.Darren Maguire

15.Paul Tierney

16. Baboucarr Mussa

17.Dom Febers

18.Tam Hanlon

20.Stephen Logan

23.Ryan Jack

29.Ross Dickson

88.TJ Mc Cluskey

92.Jordan Logan

Took in my first Candy Pre Season action last night in the 2-0 defeat. Some decent effort and encouraging signs from some and a decent opposition with some lively mobile forwards. Their first goal was a great finish after some excellent movement... well done son. Handy work out I suppose despite the wind swirling round and cutting me in two and cutting me off and sending me home before the 2nd went in. Will try to get to Cumnock and take in the full game on Saturday... I think it will be a tough challenge. With players missing and the gaffer having a look at some I doubt last nights team will be his first choice starting 11 so I wasn't unduly worried although I don't think we had a shot worthy of the name which made the game even flatter for me.
We are off to Ayrshire. See you all Saturday.
MTC! [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

19 minutes ago, Kinky Afro said:

Took in my first Candy Pre Season action last night in the 2-0 defeat. Some decent effort and encouraging signs from some and a decent opposition with some lively mobile forwards. Their first goal was a great finish after some excellent movement... well done son. Handy work out I suppose despite the wind swirling round and cutting me in two and cutting me off and sending me home before the 2nd went in. Will try to get to Cumnock and take in the full game on Saturday... I think it will be a tough challenge. With players missing and the gaffer having a look at some I doubt last nights team will be his first choice starting 11 so I wasn't unduly worried although I don't think we had a shot worthy of the name which made the game even flatter for me.
We are off to Ayrshire. See you all Saturday.
MTC! emoji172.pngemoji460.pngemoji106.png

The diddy amateurs with another win over the juniors.

The diddy amateurs with another win over the juniors.

You do understand that for every amateur win against a junior team, could name four or five junior wins against amateur teams.
The amateur grade is full of dozens and dozens of rubbish teams that's why it's amateur football, the juniors has a few teams that are poor for the junior grade that's football. (not saying in this instance St Rochs are).
You think the amateur grade is better than it really is the reality is it's in a sorry state with established teams and league dropping like flies, the juniors despite it's critics stay the same club wise year on year so you just worry about your precious amateur game and leave the juniors to get on with what it does best providing good value for money competitive football with many teams who have been around for way over 100 years.

Just now, rednblack said:

You do understand that for every amateur win against a junior team, could name four or five junior wins against amateur teams.
The amateur grade is full of dozens and dozens of rubbish teams that's why it's amateur football, the juniors has a few teams that are poor for the junior grade that's football. (not saying in this instance St Rochs are).
You think the amateur grade is better than it really is the reality is it's in a sorry state with established teams and league dropping like flies, the juniors despite it's critics stay the same club wise year on year so you just worry about your precious amateur game and leave the juniors to get on with what it does best providing good value for money competitive football with many teams who have been around for way over 100 years.

Far too easy.

Archived