St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

2 hours ago, Onceaplayer said:

After watching the Roch on several occasions last year I don't think you have a like for like player at the club just now in terms of experience and influencing a game.With regard to his silly sending offs I do think he was trying to prove himself and most he played against doing similar in trying to prove they were better than him.I think St Rochs will be weaker in the centre off the park without him and the lad maguire. I seen the boy Dom come on at cambuslang and put in a few tasty tackles but how is he technically and is he still at the club?

Rab and Sweeney would be a loss to any side and if we have adequate replacements - time will tell.

We have kept Keiran Martin, Kieran Daw, Stephen Logan, Dom Febers and Ryan Jack who can all contribute in middle of park and they are joined by Darryl Naismith and Darren Maguire - so we have a decent core - maybe need. 1 more but happy with the players mentioned!!

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you Scott and I think JS probably agrees with you too. I keep telling players that the terraces and dug outs are full of players better than them who are only there because "it was somebody else's fault." The penny drops eventually and the only hope I have for these players is that it drops whilst they are still playing and not when they are past it, unable to play and lament their impetuosity and missed games. It takes more than being able to play good to be a good player. Stephen Logan and or Keiron Daw and or Dom Febers could be the answer in the centre but it is undoubtedly a loss. Teams change though and what is done is done. For every fan who thinks the players that left were great and woe are we there is another who thinks we are better off without them. It's all about opinions and I am a great believer in letting players move if they want and wishing them well and thanking them for their efforts. If you decide they should go then that is a trickier call but one which the man in the hot seat needs to embrace and stand strong. It isn't easy to make these decisions sometimes, I know from personal experience.
Stronger or weaker? Strong and Stable? We MAY be.. it all DUPends.
MTC! [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

Good luck to Sherman, a talented lad who came through injury woes to perform well at the tail end of the season. One highlight for me was standing under the shed at Rob Roy away taking to an old boy who was praising him to the rafters. "That boy should be in the team every fkn week" he told me... just as the word "week" left his mouth, Sherman went clean through and slid the winner home with a super cool finish.... "See big man.. ah fkn telt yay!!" [emoji23]
Good luck Martin.[emoji460]️[emoji172][emoji106]

Good luck to the young goalkeeper Aiden Houston who has joined KRR under 21s. I'll never forget those two great displays he gave in the League Cup. Hopefully we meet up again with Aiden and his family again, great people.

That is very nice. Even better if it were a Celtic away kit. [emoji41][emoji23]

I said this ^^^^^ back in June.
Was out and about today and spotted this
f12d5d0b0a913f13cd7b574e24d8576e.jpg
Looks like it is a Celtic kit after all [emoji18]

Archived