Next Tory Leader

DublinMagyar

I don't believe May will survive much longer, maybe the summer recess. So who is most likely to take over? Boris? Rudd? Ruthie?

Personally I can see David Davis going for it this time, smarmy c**t that he is.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think Davis is particularly popular in Tory ranks after encouraging May to call the election. That was the chat on the radio last night anyway,

Johnson could have made a run at it if he hadn't scuttled off as soon as he got the country into this fine Brexit mess. Probably for the best that he did.

Some truly terrifying candidates when May gets the heave-ho which is surely inevitable. 

Daily Mail were reporting an Amber Rudd/Michael Gove leadership bid. Whilst I think Rudd is fairly likeable compared to other options, her 300 majority in her seat may be an issue. Plus, Gove is basically just hated by everyone.

Boris would, unfortunately, be the obvious choice at the moment.

Very outside dark horse bet at some popular backbencher like Johnny Mercer - ex army captain - who increased his fairly marginal majority this time around.

Boris, while an absolute scumbag, would be my choice. Even as Foreign Sec, his ramblings get dismissed as amusing buffoonery. As leader, his statements would have to be taken seriously, and that would seriously damage the Tories.
Which is, after all, what every decent human being wants.

The Tories would probably want a Leave Campaigner as their next leader so that will be one of:
- Boris Johnson
- Michael Gove
- Liam Fox
- David Davis

Sky News saying Liam Fox was pretty much anonymous during the campaign which plays in his favour.

Liam Fox won't be leader. From what I remember, he barely got 10 MPs supporting him in the last leadership contest.

Whoever runs, they'll be a surprise backbencher in their somewhere...hopefully one that isn't as awful as Leadsom.

Hopefully it's Boris as that will damage the party's credibility and we can hopefully then get a Labour government.

Boris probably has the most cross party appeal of the lot. He turned London blue for crying out loud.

What about Zac Goldsmith?

Archived