*** ****** v **********

2 hours ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Being able to print tickets for fans is soooo over rated

Ps they'll be 5x your usual home gate there, only there to see the killie.

Doubt there will be over nine thousand at the game mate.

Well done with the printing race! All that practice with the half time draw fiddle came in handy!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I'd say if they are going to away games they are more than a watcher.  And ive met an Ayr fan who also goes to Ibrox and a Killie fan who does the same.  

Both will go to Ayr/Killie at Peterhead/Ross County away. 

You mix with some right weirdos.

12 hours ago, ftk said:

I know loads of Rangers and Celtic fans that have season tickets but if their team isn't playing at home they will come to Somerset. Also know loads that don't have season tickets come along to Somerset too. I'm sure killie is the same.

I know a few who used to do that but 24 years of playing the same division (20 for Rangers!) has kinda stopped that for us.

Used to have a fair number of local Celtic fans who'd watch us when Burns was boss and same with OldCo when Durrant/Fat Boy were at RP but I can honestly say I don't know anyone who does that now.  Not saying there isn't the odd person who goes to games and supports the old filth but definitely not many.

13 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Killie were on their arse(sub 1000) until they flooded their team with ex old firm players.

hahaha, how many seasons in our history have we been sub 1000? 1? Fans trying to force out old board etc.

Ex old firm players weren't signed for any other reason than they were decent players (McCoist was a PR stunt and was rank rotten).

Burns, Durrant,  Stark, Marshall etc are some of the best players I've ever seen in a Killie shirt.

Even likes of Tosh McKinley, Tommy Johnston, Craig Paterson etc were great players for us.

People will come crawling out the woodwork for this game. Most of them will be stay-away Ayr fans but it would be ridiculous to suggest that there won't be people standing at this match whose primary allegiance is with another team. I remember 2 seconds before Alex WIlliams equaliser last time at Somerset, looking to my left and seeing a guy check the time on his phone with a Rangers badge as his phone background.

I think a point that was previously made was right, the fact that Killie have been in the same division as the OF has largely rooted out those that think they can follow both, but when we're shithousing our way through the lower leagues, this type of 'fan' will be more common as there is no real chance of the teams ever being in competition, unless your big club happens to hilariously go bust and get sent to the pits of Scottish football.

I know a few who used to do that but 24 years of playing the same division (20 for Rangers!) has kinda stopped that for us.
Used to have a fair number of local Celtic fans who'd watch us when Burns was boss and same with OldCo when Durrant/Fat Boy were at RP but I can honestly say I don't know anyone who does that now.  Not saying there isn't the odd person who goes to games and supports the old filth but definitely not many.

I also think we're down to the "hard core" support now, so many have drifted away. Hopefully this game and the new regime may entice some lapsed supporters back.

1 hour ago, killiepiemuncher said:

I also think we're down to the "hard core" support now, so many have drifted away. Hopefully this game and the new regime may entice some lapsed supporters back.

Aye, our 3,000 or so season ticket holders is what I would say is the hardcore.

I think we'll sell maybe 3,500-3,600 season tickets this season due to MJ being away/optimism.

I'd love to see us back averaging 5-6.000 but these things take time.

What a schizophrenic thread already ;)

Looking forward to this tie at a proper stadium , yes it's a ramshackle shit hole and yes RP is a soulless legoland , but the rivalry is what makes it ,14 pages already, more than double any other group or tie in the league cup.

Just wish you lot would get your act together and climb the leagues.

im going early with a 1 v 2 prediction , Henry Templeton to score for you and the 2 new signings for us 

To be fair about half of those 14 pages was FTK making a c**t of himself.

Agree with your post in general though.

You looking for round 2? I'll admit I was talking pish just to wind you up and it worked. Thought you were going to have a stroke [emoji38]

21 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

What a schizophrenic thread already ;)

Looking forward to this tie at a proper stadium , yes it's a ramshackle shit hole and yes RP is a soulless legoland , but the rivalry is what makes it ,14 pages already, more than double any other group or tie in the league cup.

Just wish you lot would get your act together and climb the leagues.

im going early with a 1 v 2 prediction , Henry Templeton to score for you and the 2 new signings for us

Mark Roberts

Brian Reid_crop

Gordon Dalziel

On 27/06/2017 at 04:11, ayrmad said:

Anyone that doesn't think that a fair chunk of a west coast diddy teams crowds for the big games don't have "big teams" is deluding themselves, Killie were on their arse(sub 1000) until they flooded their team with ex old firm players.

13 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

hahaha, how many seasons in our history have we been sub 1000? 1? Fans trying to force out old board etc.

We have never had a season under 1000.  Our lowest average attendance was 1351 in 1984/85, which was when the club was basically heading down the pan under the pre-Moffat board.

Archived