Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

This is going a wee bit off topic.

After yesterdays AGM, can we expect the Clydebank delegate, now VP, to lobby for a more positive approach to the Pyramid or will it just be more of the same?

But they're not getting in our way, taking fans away from us, taking money or anything I just don't understand the anger?

Because they r where bankies alive wants us 2 be. U got no fans lol

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, Bankies Alive said:

v Selkirk how many paid in?

Certainly a lot more than you quoted.

While I would love to indulge your petty vandetta,  I am not prepared to engage with someone who resorts to petty name calling.

Have a good season.

Edited by Patches O'Houlihan

1 minute ago, kilbowie2002 said:

You have my word as a Bankies fan that i'll lobby for a lobby to be lobbied instead of jobbied.

Gotta start somewhere, I'll make sure I lobby you regularly......

1 hour ago, Patches O'Houlihan said:

Certainly a lot more than you quoted.

While I would love to indulge your petty vandetta,  I am not prepared to engage with someone who resorts to petty name calling.

Have a good season.

Good swerve,a lot more? Aye right how many half a dozen? 

Youre kidding nobody,your club are a fanless joke who are an embarrassment to what is supposed to be level 5 of Scottish football.

Reagan and his cronies have cooked up this half arsed plan to have a pyramid but it's nothing near it and everyone knows it.

The sooner the SFA comes under scrutiny from the Govt the better.They couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

The SJFA aren't great but they've seen through the whole pyramid shambles from the start.The tin lid will be the inclusion of Colt teams in the lower "senior" leagues.

I have no interest in watching my club playing the bigot brothers boys teams with the sort of pond life that will appear at the matches.

18 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Good swerve,a lot more? Aye right how many half a dozen? 

Youre kidding nobody,your club are a fanless joke who are an embarrassment to what is supposed to be level 5 of Scottish football.

Reagan and his cronies have cooked up this half arsed plan to have a pyramid but it's nothing near it and everyone knows it.

The sooner the SFA comes under scrutiny from the Govt the better.They couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

The SJFA aren't great but they've seen through the whole pyramid shambles from the start.The tin lid will be the inclusion of Colt teams in the lower "senior" leagues.

I have no interest in watching my club playing the bigot brothers boys teams with the sort of pond life that will appear at the matches.

You really shouldn't let your bitterness consume you, life is too short.

As I said, have a good season.

In my opinion, for the Lowland League to have credibility we needed many more junior teams joining.

Originally, the Senior authorities probably were hoping for the larger junior teams to join but they weren't interested.

The authorities then scrambled about looking for any club to fill those positions.

Hence we have teams involved watched by two men and a dug.

I just find teams like BSC just cheat the system, they win there respective league and pay rent to a pro team who has the amenities where teams like ie Lothian Thistle win there league but can't go up do to no funds to get up to the required standard for the LL. There is Kelty spending money on a new terrace and such and giving something back to the community and building for the future. I just used Kelty as an example.

22 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Yeah, running football to the specifications of internet loonballs should definitely be a political priority at the moment. 

12 minutes ago, Patches O'Houlihan said:

You really shouldn't let your bitterness consume you, life is too short.

As I said, have a good season.

Give us a laugh with the figure you have for the Selkirk game?

59 minutes ago, pie n beans said:

I just find teams like BSC just cheat the system, they win there respective league and pay rent to a pro team who has the amenities where teams like ie Lothian Thistle win there league but can't go up do to no funds to get up to the required standard for the LL. There is Kelty spending money on a new terrace and such and giving something back to the community and building for the future. I just used Kelty as an example.

Unfortunately not every team is in the position to own their own stadium, no matter how much we would like to. Dare I say it, but the procurement of land and the need for planning permission (if it was even needed)etc was easier back when many Junior clubs built their grounds.

The reality of modern football in Scotland is that finances are tight, and ground shares may be a way of keeping the number of clubs in the game at a reasonable level.

I must also point out that the rent for ground shares is not an insignificant amount.

Edited by Patches O'Houlihan

3 hours ago, Bankies Alive said:

We were a joke club run by imbeciles who wanted to relocate the club at that time.Not starting up and trying to kid on we were a real football club!

Crowds at Greenock were lamentable but massive compared to what those imposters at BSC get! 

They really are a joke,spending money on a football team that nobody watches off the back of charging for kids coaching for the likes of netball!

I must say I've enjoyed watching BSC this season and they can count on me as a supporter. (So that's 1) The move from Lochburn to Alloa has been great but once we get our own ground you will see the real BSC. You talk about imbeciles, imposters and jokes, it really does sound as if your not enjoying your football. Perhaps a switch from the Juniors to the Lowland League is in order.

It's back to the chicken-n-egg again though.

If the Juniors won't join the pyramid, it's reliant on seniors + whoever is prepared to move in from other grades, and it'll be easier to "do an Edusport".

It's in the hands of the SFA as they could force junior clubs to join the pyramid. They caused this issue when creating the LL. Mr Regan wanted a pyramid but didn't really want to put in the work. Now we have a half finished product. I have no problems with any of the clubs in the LL as they are there with the current arrangements but if improvements are wanted then discussions should be had with clubs directly and not the SJFA. The ball is in the SFA court. Very few to no west junior clubs will leave to join the SoS or EoS as the costs are too much meaning there will be an imbalance in the set up. Imo Mr Regan thinks he has fulfilled his commitment and now really doesn't care about it and the LL officials are quite happy with what they have as they represent the clubs already there. It will not grow imo without proper alignment. The only people who can sort that is the SFA.

13 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

It's in the hands of the SFA as they could force junior clubs to join the pyramid. They caused this issue when creating the LL. Mr Regan wanted a pyramid but didn't really want to put in the work. Now we have a half finished product. I have no problems with any of the clubs in the LL as they are there with the current arrangements but if improvements are wanted then discussions should be had with clubs directly and not the SJFA. The ball is in the SFA court. Very few to no west junior clubs will leave to join the SoS or EoS as the costs are too much meaning there will be an imbalance in the set up. Imo Mr Regan thinks he has fulfilled his commitment and now really doesn't care about it and the LL officials are quite happy with what they have as they represent the clubs already there. It will not grow imo without proper alignment. The only people who can sort that is the SFA.

I half agree with you but from my insider contacts it seems Regan was like many other English imports.

He 1) didn't really understand the concept of the Juniors and their impact on the culture here, and 2) Thought a quick fix English solution was easy and we were just all a bit slow/thick up here.

5 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I half agree with you but from my insider contacts it seems Regan was like many other English imports.

He 1) didn't really understand the concept of the Juniors and their impact on the culture here, and 2) Thought a quick fix English solution was easy and we were just all a bit slow/thick up here.

If that was true initially, he's had more than enough time to learn since then. Although those he has most contact with (TJ & co) are not the best ones to educate him!

3) certain EoS clubs took full advantage of his lack of knowledge to push through the LL at 6 weeks notice.

I agree with that but the way that the junior clubs (at least in the west) was a one question letter saying are you interested in joining a pyramid. We responded yes and heard nothing back. I spoke to Jim Spence when he was at the BBC and gave my views and our clubs views on it and also that discussed several issues that we saw as being a barrier. I took some flak from both the SJFA and SFA for expressing these concerns.

The way it was put together never allowed clubs from the west a fair crack at it imo but the clubs have to take some responsibility for it.

I am no longer involved but can only hope that clubs can work together to improve the grade.

17 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I agree with that but the way that the junior clubs (at least in the west) was a one question letter saying are you interested in joining a pyramid. We responded yes and heard nothing back. I spoke to Jim Spence when he was at the BBC and gave my views and our clubs views on it and also that discussed several issues that we saw as being a barrier. I took some flak from both the SJFA and SFA for expressing these concerns.

The way it was put together never allowed clubs from the west a fair crack at it imo but the clubs have to take some responsibility for it.

I am no longer involved but can only hope that clubs can work together to improve the grade.

If memory serves, there were over 30 clubs who provided a positive response about joining a Pyramid. They were ignored.

As I said before, clubs need to start speaking to one another to find common ground regarding taking the game forward.

The SJFA top table are never going to recommend or drive change, they discourage it, therefore it's upto the clubs themselves to decide where they want to be and how to get there.