Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

517 posts in this topic

v Selkirk how many paid in?

I dont understand why that matters? We played in Greenock for years with terrible crowds.

We were a joke club run by imbeciles who wanted to relocate the club at that time.Not starting up and trying to kid on we were a real football club!

Crowds at Greenock were lamentable but massive compared to what those imposters at BSC get! 

They really are a joke,spending money on a football team that nobody watches off the back of charging for kids coaching for the likes of netball!

In what way are they pretending?!

They play there games under the same rules as you do on a pitch.

It's not like they play there games on FIFA ffs

We were a joke club run by imbeciles who wanted to relocate the club at that time.Not starting up and trying to kid on we were a real football club!
Crowds at Greenock were lamentable but massive compared to what those imposters at BSC get! 
They really are a joke,spending money on a football team that nobody watches off the back of charging for kids coaching for the likes of netball!

But they're not getting in our way, taking fans away from us, taking money or anything I just don't understand the anger?

This is going a wee bit off topic.

After yesterdays AGM, can we expect the Clydebank delegate, now VP, to lobby for a more positive approach to the Pyramid or will it just be more of the same?

But they're not getting in our way, taking fans away from us, taking money or anything I just don't understand the anger?

Because they r where bankies alive wants us 2 be. U got no fans lol

Mon the papers

This is going a wee bit off topic.
After yesterdays AGM, can we expect the Clydebank delegate, now VP, to lobby for a more positive approach to the Pyramid or will it just be more of the same?

You have my word as a Bankies fan that i'll lobby for a lobby to be lobbied instead of jobbied.

1 hour ago, Bankies Alive said:

v Selkirk how many paid in?

Certainly a lot more than you quoted.

While I would love to indulge your petty vandetta,  I am not prepared to engage with someone who resorts to petty name calling.

Have a good season.

Edited by Patches O'Houlihan

1 minute ago, kilbowie2002 said:

You have my word as a Bankies fan that i'll lobby for a lobby to be lobbied instead of jobbied.

Gotta start somewhere, I'll make sure I lobby you regularly......

Gotta start somewhere, I'll make sure I lobby you regularly......

Lobby me so that I can lobby them on behalf of your lobby and my lobby to encourage more lobby.

1 hour ago, Patches O'Houlihan said:

Certainly a lot more than you quoted.

While I would love to indulge your petty vandetta,  I am not prepared to engage with someone who resorts to petty name calling.

Have a good season.

Good swerve,a lot more? Aye right how many half a dozen? 

Youre kidding nobody,your club are a fanless joke who are an embarrassment to what is supposed to be level 5 of Scottish football.

Reagan and his cronies have cooked up this half arsed plan to have a pyramid but it's nothing near it and everyone knows it.

The sooner the SFA comes under scrutiny from the Govt the better.They couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

The SJFA aren't great but they've seen through the whole pyramid shambles from the start.The tin lid will be the inclusion of Colt teams in the lower "senior" leagues.

I have no interest in watching my club playing the bigot brothers boys teams with the sort of pond life that will appear at the matches.

18 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Good swerve,a lot more? Aye right how many half a dozen? 

Youre kidding nobody,your club are a fanless joke who are an embarrassment to what is supposed to be level 5 of Scottish football.

Reagan and his cronies have cooked up this half arsed plan to have a pyramid but it's nothing near it and everyone knows it.

The sooner the SFA comes under scrutiny from the Govt the better.They couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

The SJFA aren't great but they've seen through the whole pyramid shambles from the start.The tin lid will be the inclusion of Colt teams in the lower "senior" leagues.

I have no interest in watching my club playing the bigot brothers boys teams with the sort of pond life that will appear at the matches.

You really shouldn't let your bitterness consume you, life is too short.

As I said, have a good season.

In my opinion, for the Lowland League to have credibility we needed many more junior teams joining.

Originally, the Senior authorities probably were hoping for the larger junior teams to join but they weren't interested.

The authorities then scrambled about looking for any club to fill those positions.

Hence we have teams involved watched by two men and a dug.

I just find teams like BSC just cheat the system, they win there respective league and pay rent to a pro team who has the amenities where teams like ie Lothian Thistle win there league but can't go up do to no funds to get up to the required standard for the LL. There is Kelty spending money on a new terrace and such and giving something back to the community and building for the future. I just used Kelty as an example.

22 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Yeah, running football to the specifications of internet loonballs should definitely be a political priority at the moment. 

Running football without clubs vested interests would be a start!

12 minutes ago, Patches O'Houlihan said:

You really shouldn't let your bitterness consume you, life is too short.

As I said, have a good season.

Give us a laugh with the figure you have for the Selkirk game?

40 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Give us a laugh with the figure you have for the Selkirk game?

Have a good season. 

59 minutes ago, pie n beans said:

I just find teams like BSC just cheat the system, they win there respective league and pay rent to a pro team who has the amenities where teams like ie Lothian Thistle win there league but can't go up do to no funds to get up to the required standard for the LL. There is Kelty spending money on a new terrace and such and giving something back to the community and building for the future. I just used Kelty as an example.

Unfortunately not every team is in the position to own their own stadium, no matter how much we would like to. Dare I say it, but the procurement of land and the need for planning permission (if it was even needed)etc was easier back when many Junior clubs built their grounds.

The reality of modern football in Scotland is that finances are tight, and ground shares may be a way of keeping the number of clubs in the game at a reasonable level.

I must also point out that the rent for ground shares is not an insignificant amount.

Edited by Patches O'Houlihan

3 hours ago, Bankies Alive said:

I must say I've enjoyed watching BSC this season and they can count on me as a supporter. (So that's 1) The move from Lochburn to Alloa has been great but once we get our own ground you will see the real BSC. You talk about imbeciles, imposters and jokes, it really does sound as if your not enjoying your football. Perhaps a switch from the Juniors to the Lowland League is in order.