Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

38 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Not being au fait with the SFA governing legislation, I can't say for certain, but my suspicion is that this oft quoted statement is urban myth. Even if you are right in respect of there being a legal route I consider such a move be so fraught with potential catastrophe that I suggest that if they could, it certainly wouldn't be with minimum fuss! 

Why do you think its a myth? The SJFA alongside SYFA, SAFA, SSFA, SWFA and SWF all fall under the remit of the SFA.

If minded the SFA can run them from tomorrow - if you'd been involved in the running of a club through the SYFA over the past year or so you'd have seen how easy it is for the SFA to come in, take control and amend process and procedures. They choose not to in the Juniors - although how long that will last is probably the question fans of the grade rather than the clubs should be seriously worried about.

If the SFA are the governing body of the sport in Scotland then surely they have the power to run it the way they see fit, which means ability to abolish surrogate associations.

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Does anyone have any further info on the SJFA "Pyramid working group" and what their remit might be?

Aye they'really away investigating the mysterious  void found above Tutenkhamun's burial chamber.

35 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Was there not a guy years ago Pete Smyth or something that was slated for wanting a pyramid

Don't think he was ever slated for wanting a pyramid, more to do with some of the other stuff he came up with. Pyramid News and his other publications were a decent source of info pre internet days.

Edited by gogsy

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Don't think he was ever slated for wanting a pyramid, more to do with some of the other stuff he came up with. Pyramid News and his other publications were a decent source of info pre internet days.

Aye I used to read that although some of his ideas were barking mad.

14 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Aye I used to read that although some of his ideas were barking mad.

Like what? I remember the pyramid news I remember getting one of them when Camelon played Whitburn at Pumpherston in a cup final

19 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Portugal I think?

Our loss is their gain. The streets of Lisbon ringing with the cry of "Pyramid noos"!

Scottish Pyramid News is still the best one-stop source for fixture news if you're looking for games getting played over the next month or so.  Site's a bit unhinged at times but you can't accuse the guy of not caring.

His site's still on the go - he seems to spend a lot of time railing about "clone sites" these days.

I'm assuming he means the Scottish Football Fixtures one which provides essentially the same service without the borderline-comprehensible editiorialising and also has the added bonus of a layout that doesn't give you eye cancer.

Like what? I remember the pyramid news I remember getting one of them when Camelon played Whitburn at Pumpherston in a cup final

His idea of debate was to attack anyone who argued with him with a torrent of abuse. IIRC he tried to claim the credit for the West Region superleagues even though they bore little or no resemblance to anything suggested in his magazine.

14 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Do they have a pyramid? Maybe he should have went to Egypt they'd love it there.

They have them everywhere, Mexico, Sudan has more than Egypt, Las Vegas even has one.

But no junior football in any of them.

I find it blizzard that junior football ( by far the biggest non league body in scotland) should  move HEAVEN and earth to join the minority leagues that are mostly no better than the junior set up .I see senior clubs with inferior facilities and yet junior clubs are constantly slated for a lack of investment in facilities . The greed that has destroyed our big game looks like it will take junior football as it's next victim .

32 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

I find it blizzard that junior football ( by far the biggest non league body in scotland) should  move HEAVEN and earth to join the minority leagues that are mostly no better than the junior set up .I see senior clubs with inferior facilities and yet junior clubs are constantly slated for a lack of investment in facilities . The greed that has destroyed our big game looks like it will take junior football as it's next victim .

This post just blew me away.

41 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

:rolleyes:

Last time I was at Armadale it looked liked it hadn't had any investment in facilities since the Senior team played there.

Edited by gogsy