Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

37 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

All Junior clubs are entitled to apply to be licensed regardless of winning the league or not. Once the embargo is lifted you may well have Junior clubs applying. If a Tayside club wins the league then the play off they will go into the LL that is a fact. I’m not sure where clubs who are relegated will go that I think will depend on the area they are based in I would think. The EoS may not have 39 members next season and from what I have been told the delegate at the meeting on Thursday was trying his best to convince the ex Junior  Lothian clubs that the SFA want them to remain in the EoS league. 

The reorganisation I mentioned is only my thought as I know a great majority of the ex Junior clubs who jumped at the last minute did it on the basis they did not want to travel to Tayside. 

For what it’s worth I think a lot of clubs were and are kidding themselves on about making it to the LL and I do not think any of those clubs are any different from when they were in the Juniors. By the way I’m knocking any of those clubs I’m only being realistic 

I can't see why the PWG wouldn't just advise the remaining East Juniors to join the EOS, regardless of what is happening in the other regions. There is a path in place for them and they need to use it.

2 hours ago, locheeboy said:

Thanks for your concern Burnieman but the Juniors do not  need you to worry about us. Having read the posts the only one with the truth comes from Dundonald Bluebell. 

Fact: The Juniors will come in at tier 6 from 2019-20 season.  The East & West champions go into the play off with EoS & SoS.Discussion to be had for the North Juniors linking with the Highland League.

Fact: There is no Tayside \ Fife Senior League being created ,in fact there has not been any discussion on the subject. ERJFA with a Super League and district leagues to continue.

Clubs in Fife and Perthshire despite being informed at their EoS meeting that the SFA want you to return to this fictiousTayside \ Fife Senior league I think you should ask the management board of the EoS to name the person who informed him. If you require convincing ask any current ERJFA member if a meeting has taken place to discuss a Tayside \ Fife Senior league.

Ex ERJFA clubs who left to join the EoS may ask why was this not done before they moved.Easy answer, Regean resigned a stand in chief exec who was not making decisions and finally Mr Maxwell is appointed. Meetings are held with discussions been carried over and announcements to follow. So how the hell can Tom Johnston be blamed. 

I think there should be open discussions about a reorganisation of the ERJFA should previous members decided to return.  

Ah here comes Larry.

This is the latest update from the EoS President who actually sits on the PWG, and there's nothing in this that is confidential so I'm sharing it;

"John Greenhorn explained the Pyramid Working Group had agreed the need for a West of Scotland League and a Tayside League at tier 6 level. All clubs participating in these new leagues will be required to commit to all conditions of pyramid membership in respect of registrations, discipline, fixture scheduling and mandatory promotion etc."

Are you saying this is not an accurate summary of what is happenin, if so how do you know?

What you are regurgitating is the guff TJ came out with months ago and for which we have heared zero since.  Who is telling fibs?

43 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

The EoS may not have 39 members next season and from what I have been told the delegate at the meeting on Thursday was trying his best to convince the ex Junior  Lothian clubs that the SFA want them to remain in the EoS league

:lol:   :lol:  :lol:

3 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

All of those clubs compete within the LL boundary just now...

Not according to the Lowland League's constitution that has a line of latitude mentioned set at the centre point of the Tay road bridge.

http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Scottish-Lowland-Football-League-Rules-Version-8.pdf

In the event of Club 42 losing the Pyramid Play-Off Match, it will be relegated to the SHFL League if its Registered Ground is located North of Degree of Latitude 56,4513N or to the SLFL if its Registered Ground is located South of Degree of Latitude 56,4513N and it shall thereafter comply with the rules and regulations of the relevant league.

Why does the PWG not tell the EoS clubs to join the Juniors ?  It’s nothing to do with them that’s why ! The pathway from the Juniors for any ambitious club is now there and it was there previously but once licensed you were forced to move to the EoS due to the rule change implemented by Reagan that’s why Kelty has the choice either move or not be granted the license. The rest is now history

8 minutes ago, never been to scotland said:

I can't see why the PWG wouldn't just advise the remaining East Juniors to join the EOS, regardless of what is happening in the other regions. There is a path in place for them and they need to use it.

The EoS is the route to the Pyramid for all clubs in Lothians, Borders, Fife, Stirlingshire  and those around Perth below the dividing line. It's clear to Junior clubs in those areas what they need to do to join the Pyramid.

The PWG know that there is a need for a WoSFL and that is what is being set-up for next season, whether that involves the SJFA who knows, it doesn't seem like it.  They also also recognise that the Tayside clubs north of the dividing line are in a difficult situation and are looking at a Tayside Senior League.

5 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

All of those clubs compete within the LL boundary just now. Do you really think any of those clubs would be sent to the HL ?

If you're going to come on here and talk about the HL/LL boundary at least do a bit of research and know where it is - I've attached a handy map.

Were Lochee to get promoted to the SPFL and then relegated from League Two they would go into the Highland League according to the rules. Do you not think it would be a bit strange for the LL to accept Tayside teams in the first place?

hl.jpg

Just now, locheeboy said:

Why does the PWG not tell the EoS clubs to join the Juniors ?  It’s nothing to do with them that’s why ! The pathway from the Juniors for any ambitious club is now there and it was there previously but once licensed you were forced to move to the EoS due to the rule change implemented by Reagan that’s why Kelty has the choice either move or not be granted the license. The rest is now history

Why would the PWG tell them to do anything? The EoS is there, that is the route to the LL and SPFL for clubs in the East of Scotland.  They are looking at replicating this in the West to open up that route and it's upto clubs to join if if they wish.

As I have said on here before, the PWG are not there to tell the SJFA what to do, indeed it's the opinion of the SFA that the SJFA should remain looking after those clubs who do not wish to go senior. They don't have any desire (or power?) to abolish the SJFA, but what they can do is set-up leagues that provide a route for all clubs in Scotland to join the Pyramid.

6 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Bernieman or McGinty , time will tell let’s wait and see ! You still have a hatred for TJ why ? 

Why do you follow his every word?  I couldn't care less about the guy, but he does every single club in the SJFA a disservice. The game is up.

I ask again, is what is contained in the EoS minutes wrong? who is feeding you this nonsense about clubs wanting to go back Junior?

Edited by Burnie_man

24 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Ah here comes Larry.

This is the latest update from the EoS President who actually sits on the PWG, and there's nothing in this that is confidential so I'm sharing it;

"John Greenhorn explained the Pyramid Working Group had agreed the need for a West of Scotland League and a Tayside League at tier 6 level. All clubs participating in these new leagues will be required to commit to all conditions of pyramid membership in respect of registrations, discipline, fixture scheduling and mandatory promotion etc."

Are you saying this is not an accurate summary of what is happenin, if so how do you know?

What you are regurgitating is the guff TJ came out with months ago and for which we have heared zero since.  Who is telling fibs?

The SJFA spin on this is obviously that the West Region Premiership and East Region Super League already are the West of Scotland and Tayside Leagues. No need for new entities, we'll just rearrange some admin.

1 hour ago, drs said:

The clubs that are talking of moving at the end of this season definitely give a rats arse. Sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the forthcoming death of Junior football will do you no good.

Who really gives a flying f*ck. At the moment the Juniors are not dead, the West Region is thriving, big cup final this weekend, decent crowds and for once workable fixtures. When the need to slip into the all dancing all singing pyramid comes along no doubt the West will slide into the slipstream and dominate the pyramid system just like we did with the Juniors.

29 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Do you really think any of those clubs would be sent to the HL ? It would be the death of them. It is a well know fact that Montrose FC had they lost their play off against Brora they would have closed the doors rather than go to the HL.

There will never be the perfect solution ,geography of Scotland puts paid to that. 

And yet that's exactly what was going to happen to Montrose and 5 years later nobody has bothered to change the boundary.

All Junior clubs are entitled to apply to be licensed regardless of winning the league or not. Once the embargo is lifted you may well have Junior clubs applying.

Except that not the case before the embargo happened as you well know - Junior clubs who wanted to apply for a licence had to commit to the pyramid, which is why Kelty moved in the first place.

If a Tayside club wins the league then the play off they will go into the LL that is a fact.

Which league are we talking about - the East Juniors, which has no entry to the Lowland League, or the East of Scotland League, which has no Tayside members? How can something be a fact when there is no possibility of it happening?

I’m not sure where clubs who are relegated will go that I think will depend on the area they are based in I would think.

Oh, so you're "not sure" about something but are totally sure to such an extent you state it as a "fact" something that contradicts rules that are written down and have been quoted multiple times on here?

The EoS may not have 39 members next season and from what I have been told the delegate at the meeting on Thursday was trying his best to convince the ex Junior  Lothian clubs that the SFA want them to remain in the EoS league. 

Ah, the old "from what I've been told" gambit. I'd have thought by now you'll know that you need to take everything with a massive pinch of salt. Especially if they are connected to TJ and the SJFA.

The reorganisation I mentioned is only my thought as I know a great majority of the ex Junior clubs who jumped at the last minute did it on the basis they did not want to travel to Tayside. 
For what it’s worth I think a lot of clubs were and are kidding themselves on about making it to the LL and I do not think any of those clubs are any different from when they were in the Juniors. By the way I’m knocking any of those clubs I’m only being realistic 

So this is all actually just based on some half-arsed, back of an envelope make-up pie in the sky plan and nothing official? I'd have probably led with that tbh. Would have made you look a little less deluded. [emoji6]

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The SJFA spin on this is obviously that the West Region Premiership and East Region Super League already are the West of Scotland and Tayside Leagues. No need for new entities, we'll just rearrange some admin.

That could well be the spin, but as we know, the current East Superleague contains clubs on both sides of the "divide", and those below it are already catered for by the EoS.

The other thing that seems a bit off about the narrative being spun from Lochee United is the whole idea that Stewart Regan set SFA policy on the pyramid rather than implemented decisions made either by the clubs at AGMs or by the professional game board. His departure is unlikely to have made much difference as he was a paid employee rather than a benevolent dictator. 

Locheeboy has pursued the same tactics since day 1 trying to protect the old school juniors, aggresive to others, misinterpreted facts and outright lies, surely to f**k he can realise people have spotted this and no longer listening?

Still at least he's not threatening people yet.

If the Tayside league at tier six is a legit idea it does make for a good symmetry in the LL/HL divide.

Lowland league feeders: South, West, East
Highland league feeders: Tayside, Grampian, Highlands

In both instances ye'll have two stronger feeders (West/East and Grampian/Tayside) and one weaker (South/Highlands)