Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
5 hours ago, Gingernuts said:
why. still teams in east juniors who would run up cricket scores against most eos teams. 

Which current, eligible for promotion to the Lowland League East Juniors side a would run up cricket scores and against which clubs?

that no the issue. how many teams that left are eligble.

blackburn are ex junior. already 12 pts behind broxburn n jeanfield. lochee would run up cricket score against them.
Would they? We lost 5-1 to Bonnyrigg, the current Champions, not a cricket score and they would probably beat Lochee comfortably, Jeanfield and Broxburn would be very difficult for Lochee. You need to learn a bit more about EoS.

9 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Why?  Nobody that supports a Junior team gives a rats arse. It's the usual suspects going on and on and on.

SJFA questionnaire gave a majority wanted to join the SFA pyramid. SJFA EGM ratified that desire.

This thread raises its head again because there's been a meeting of the Pyramid Working Group and news of that meeting is filtering through.

A majority of fans might not care about it but the SJFA, SFA and club committees are working on it regardless.

Why?  Nobody that supports a Junior team gives a rats arse. It's the usual suspects going on and on and on.

Are we still doing this routine?

I'm pretty sure fans care about the leagues they play in, the clubs they play against, the facilities they experience when they go to games etc.

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
18 minutes ago, Gingernuts said:
blackburn are ex junior. already 12 pts behind broxburn n jeanfield. lochee would run up cricket score against them.

Would they? We lost 5-1 to Bonnyrigg, the current Champions, not a cricket score and they would probably beat Lochee comfortably, Jeanfield and Broxburn would be very difficult for Lochee. You need to learn a bit more about EoS.

you lost 3-0 to jeanfield too recently. did carnoustie no beat them 7-0

Carnoustie are Junior.......but Jeanfield just won 5-1 at Camelon yesterday. A very good side, better than the last few seasons and will run Broxburn and Linlithgow close.

For a Sunday laugh. I sometimes drift by a website crawling with ultimate anoraks, eager to lend a thousand words to something little more than a park kickabout. Todays gem comes from a contributor describing themselves as coming from The Kingdom of Fife and supporting ' All Fife Teams'. 

Claiming to support a team and all of its rivals might suggest this oddity is not the full shilling, but this gem was one I thought worth sharing.

Commenting on Aberdeen University v Maybole, far more meaningful than the nonsense they get excited over

" Maybole were  typical of Ayrshire teams- bad losers, mouthy, and generally ignorant "

Beware- the genteel darlings of Fife are humourlessly, ignorantly and mouthily unimpressed. I'm sure Ayrshire is heartbroken.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
6 minutes ago, Gingernuts said:

Carnoustie are Junior.......but Jeanfield just won 5-1 at Camelon yesterday. A very good side, better than the last few seasons and will run Broxburn and Linlithgow close.

there all super league. or ex super league teams. that my point. makes no sense rest should join pyramid a tier below much poorer sides.

Thanks for your concern Burnieman but the Juniors do not  need you to worry about us. Having read the posts the only one with the truth comes from Dundonald Bluebell. 

Fact: The Juniors will come in at tier 6 from 2019-20 season.  The East & West champions go into the play off with EoS & SoS.Discussion to be had for the North Juniors linking with the Highland League.

Fact: There is no Tayside \ Fife Senior League being created ,in fact there has not been any discussion on the subject. ERJFA with a Super League and district leagues to continue.

Clubs in Fife and Perthshire despite being informed at their EoS meeting that the SFA want you to return to this fictiousTayside \ Fife Senior league I think you should ask the management board of the EoS to name the person who informed him. If you require convincing ask any current ERJFA member if a meeting has taken place to discuss a Tayside \ Fife Senior league.

Ex ERJFA clubs who left to join the EoS may ask why was this not done before they moved.Easy answer, Regean resigned a stand in chief exec who was not making decisions and finally Mr Maxwell is appointed. Meetings are held with discussions been carried over and announcements to follow. So how the hell can Tom Johnston be blamed. 

I think there should be open discussions about a reorganisation of the ERJFA should previous members decided to return.  

there all super league. or ex super league teams. that my point. makes no sense rest should join pyramid a tier below much poorer sides.
We dont know if all the rest in the East will join or how, but if they do they should join at the bottom. Just like clubs who want to join the Juniors have to join at the bottom. Not the fault of the EoS that these clubs didn't join this season.

Guess it's a sign of how the debate has moved on drastically since the start of the year that a Lochee United poster is now telling us how the juniors will be hooking up to the LL and HL in the pyramid next season. Wouldn't necessarily be bad if it happened that way, but what's obvious is that somebody at the top of one of the leagues/associations involved with the PWG appears to be giving their member clubs a highly misleading picture of where things have reached and we'll no doubt find out who that was soon enough. 

1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:

The clubs that are talking of moving at the end of this season definitely give a rats arse. Sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the forthcoming death of Junior football will do you no good.

1 hour ago, locheeboy said:

Fact: The Juniors will come in at tier 6 from 2019-20 season.  The East & West champions go into the play off with EoS & SoS.Discussion to be had for the North Juniors linking with the Highland League.

Fact: There is no Tayside \ Fife Senior League being created ,in fact there has not been any discussion on the subject. ERJFA with a Super League and district leagues to continue.

Clubs in Fife and Perthshire despite being informed at their EoS meeting that the SFA want you to return to this fictiousTayside \ Fife Senior league I think you should ask the management board of the EoS to name the person who informed him. If you require convincing ask any current ERJFA member if a meeting has taken place to discuss a Tayside \ Fife Senior league.

I think there should be open discussions about a reorganisation of the ERJFA should previous members decided to return.

I don't recall anyone ever mentioning a Tayside/Fife senior league in this thread? It would surely only be a Tayside league for teams north of the Tay Bridge, as the LL/EoS covers everything below that.

But if those are the facts then there's a few questions to be asked:

• Will the Superleague champions be able to get their SFA licence to take part in the play-off by remaining in an SJFA league?
  • What happens if a Tayside club wins the Superleague, can they get licensed and promoted to the LL?
  • Which leagues do Dalbeattie, Gretna, Gala or Edusport play in during 2020-21 should they be relegated from the LL next season?
  • What's the point in having a league with 39 members and one with 36 members (20 in the LL area) sitting alongside each other at the same level of the pyramid?

And in what way would the ERJFA need to be reorganised - are you talking boundary changes or adjusting the leagues structure to suit the numbers?

Edited by Ginaro

All Junior clubs are entitled to apply to be licensed regardless of winning the league or not. Once the embargo is lifted you may well have Junior clubs applying. If a Tayside club wins the league then the play off they will go into the LL that is a fact. I’m not sure where clubs who are relegated will go that I think will depend on the area they are based in I would think. The EoS may not have 39 members next season and from what I have been told the delegate at the meeting on Thursday was trying his best to convince the ex Junior  Lothian clubs that the SFA want them to remain in the EoS league. 

The reorganisation I mentioned is only my thought as I know a great majority of the ex Junior clubs who jumped at the last minute did it on the basis they did not want to travel to Tayside. 

For what it’s worth I think a lot of clubs were and are kidding themselves on about making it to the LL and I do not think any of those clubs are any different from when they were in the Juniors. By the way I’m knocking any of those clubs I’m only being realistic 

Edited by locheeboy

I don't for a moment believe it's a fact that Tayside clubs will go into the Lowland League should they win the requisite league / playoff.

The boundary is there for football as a whole, are we now saying Dundee Utd, Brechin, Forfar, Montrose etc would end up in the Lowland League if they sunk far enough, surely the decision to revise the boundary would need to be ratified by all SFA members, I can't imagine that it's within the remit of the PWG to make such changes.

Edited by Gimme

All of those clubs compete within the LL boundary just now. Do you really think any of those clubs would be sent to the HL ? It would be the death of them. It is a well know fact that Montrose FC had they lost their play off against Brora they would have closed the doors rather than go to the HL.

There will never be the perfect solution ,geography of Scotland puts paid to that.