Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, stulch said:
15 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
Tayside Senior League agreed by the PWG I hear, along with a WoSFL, and all to be run in line with existing senior league rules.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused now after further comments. I originally thought that the Tayside Senior league would be linked to the Highland league, rather than the Lowland leagues, because of its location. Were my original thoughts about your post correct?

Well I'm assuming it would link to the HL given Tayside falls into the HL area.  If this comes to pass I see the North Juniors morphing into a North Senior League with eventually a play-off between them and Tayside for promotion to HL. That could be a while off yet as you need a number of Licenced clubs in those leagues and I think Banks O'Dee are the only ones at the moment.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

You'll have to explain this to me in more detail, doesn't make sense. 

A Senior Tayside League needs East Region Junior clubs to be viable.  Candidate clubs like Lochee United and Carnoustie Panmure were somewhat dismissive of clubs leaving the SJFA set up this summer and for geography reasons would rather fit under the Lowland League not the Highland League.

Why would those clubs now leave the SJFA for their own feeder league under the Highland League? At the minute, the 100+ SJFA membership is campaigning for the East Region to go in at Tier 6 under the Lowland League. The SJFA plan fails then Tayside clubs could still seek a boundary change before having to set up their own league.

Golspie Sutherland is the only other licensed club north of the Tay boundary and outside the SPFL and HL. They are in the North Caledonian league which would probably be a third feeder for teams in the NoSFA catchment, while most of the north region falls into the Aberdeenshire FA area. Having Tayside, Aberdeenshire and North Caledonian feeders would mirror having EoS, WoS and a very weak SoS in the LL catchment. Banks o Dee are already in an Aberdeenshire and District League that runs with a U-21 format at the moment:

https://www.aberdeenshireanddistrictfa.com/league

Maybe a revamped version of that would be where most of the north region clubs would go meaning there is only one new senior league needed to cover all of the HL catchment?

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

...Why would those clubs now leave the SJFA for their own feeder league under the Highland League?

The conspiracy theory would be that there is no huge expectation that they actually will, but the offer to accommodate them in this manner still has to be made. If this latest info is accurate though, how many east region clubs are there going to be south of the Tay this time next year that aren't from the old Tayside setup? Either way things are probably going to have much the same end point.

3 minutes ago, stulch said:

I've heard on here people describe the North Juniors as close to amateur but I imagine they're still of a higher standard than the North Caledonian league?

Yes, most of the north region superleague clubs would hold their own OK in the bottom half of the HL. NCL clubs would be more Fort William and Strathspey sort of level.

Yes, most of the north region superleague clubs would hold their own OK in the bottom half of the HL. NCL clubs would be more Fort William and Strathspey sort of level.
Where would you compare the Tayside level in the Highland League?

The conspiracy theory would be that there is no huge expectation that they actually will, but the offer to accommodate them in this manner still has to be made. If this latest info is accurate though, how many east region clubs are there going to be south of the Tay this time next year that aren't from the old Tayside setup? Either way things are probably going to have much the same end point.
From what I hear, a few more of the remaining Fife and Lothians Junior clubs will seek EoS membership next season.

The sensible thing to do of course is for them to join en-masse and be done with it, rather than hang around for TJ to deliver.

That said, there are people out in Junior land who believe that those clubs who moved to EoS will all come back [emoji23]

Same sort of idea but with some east superleague clubs like Lochee United starting to threaten the top half of the HL. If there was ever relegation from the HL a lot of rural clubs would drop out over time to be replaced by more clubs from the immediate Dundee and Aberdeen areas. That's why the HL likes its 18 team closed shop arrangement and had to be dragged kicking screaming into the pyramid by Stewart Regan.

Same sort of idea but with some east superleague clubs like Lochee United starting to threaten the top half of the HL. If there was ever relegation from the HL a lot of rural clubs would drop out over time to be replaced by more clubs from the immediate Dundee and Aberdeen areas. That's why the HL likes its 18 team closed shop arrangement and had to be dragged kicking screaming into the pyramid by Stewart Regan.
Well hopefully linked leagues below will finally be set up and Highland League relegation ultimations will be made...

1 minute ago, stulch said:

In an ideal world, how many leagues in the tier below the Highland League would you have?

Three way split centred on Dundee, Aberdeen and Inverness. The misleadingly named Forfarshire FA would be the senior football body that could run the new Tayside league. Right now I think they only have a local cup competition unlike the North of Scotland and Aberdeenshire FAs.

SJFA Plan A = Super Leagues at Tier 6 with EoS/SoS. SJFA remains intact.

SFA Plan A = Sanction WoS and Tayside senior leagues to allow clubs to access the pyramid if there's enough interest.

SFA Plan B = Too few applicants for their Plan A. Create Lowland League Two (2019/20 EoS Premier under a different name) and SoS/EoS can be moved down to Tier 7.

Think the LL2 thing might be part of the Plan A as it's a way to keep the early adopters where the LL was concerned happy and more amenable to voting for two relegation spots. Doubt there would be much problem attracting teams to a WoS league after what happened last season in the east.

17 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think the LL2 thing might be part of the Plan A as it's a way to keep the early adopters where the LL was concerned happy and more amenable to voting for two relegation spots. Doubt there would be much problem attracting teams to a WoS league after what happened last season in the east.

I don't think there will be an issue with the WoS League when the time comes. You're already at least 1 down with Clydebank.

As for LL2 and the likes of a WoS being set up at the same time. I think it gets too messy a process to sort through.

10 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

That's not what is being reported by the PWG to EoS clubs, as you should know. No news yet re embargo, the SFA Board meeting was Thursday.

How can Tayside clubs compete in a LL feeder? How can East Junior clubs compete in a different league to EoS clubs covering the same area?

Sounds like a TJ fantasy. Again.

If your club attended the meeting on Thursday maybe you would have a better source 

If your club attended the meeting on Thursday maybe you would have a better source 

My clubs attendance is immaterial, are you saying the minutes of the EoS meeting are therefore wrong? What you posted earlier bears no similarities to what the EoS are saying the PWG discussed and agreed?

Both cant be right. Who is wrong?

20 hours ago, bluebell1 said:

The current east junior superleague and west of Scotland superleague will enter at tier 6 next season at the same level as the newly to be formed east of Scotland 16 team league and sosl.

There will be a play off from the winners of these 4 leagues to see who goes to lowland league. 

Given none of the East Superleague clubs have an SFA licence - and unless the rules are changed they can't get one by remaining Junior - even if it is added at tier 6 next season's Superleague champion won't be able to compete for a Lowland League place come May 2020. Plus 4 of the 12 are outwith the LL catchment anyway.

Edited by Ginaro