Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

30 minutes ago, drs said:

Utterly seething that your club is going to be left behind. You clearly don't understand the meaning of "progression" either if you cant see how being part of a league structure that offers European qualification is far more progressive than an East based local league where you can visit Carnoustie or Forfar.

In the meantime enjoy that closed shop and winning those titles that are tainted by the better clubs not being there.

:lol: European qualification!

No, you've no place discussing non-league football at all. Away back to the forums for teams that are more your cup of tea, because you're utterly clueless here.

1 minute ago, Vollyman said:

European Qualification lol get real

But the likes of Camelon are off to a progressive structure that does offer European qualification for those at the top end of said pyramid. Now realistically the Junior clubs will never see that but that's what the top of the pyramid offers, that's a progressive structure - there is no limit to what you can achieve whilst the mediocre clubs like Armadale can never hope for more than the offerings of Jeanfield and Bo'ness.

18 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Was simply (as I have already said) basing it on any winning team tends to carry form onwards - they have added to the team that went down -

Remind me how well the "winning teams" from last years Premier League are doing?

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

No, you've no place discussing non-league football at all. Away back to the forums for teams that are more your cup of tea, because you're utterly clueless here.

Are you really that daft that you don't know that the SPFL offers European Qualification?

You really are seething that we are leaving you behind.

Are they signing a complete new team? They couldn't even finish above last seasons mess at Camelon, would still expect all of this seasons SuperLeague teams to be superior to Mussy nex season.
Oh those crazy West people who don't know the East!

To think I gave you a 'plus point' for one of your later posts as well! Musselburgh know they let themselves down last season! In October 16 we were top 6 in league, then went on disasterous run which resulted in relegation.

However comeonthep... probably knows more than you about the East Region! Last season in the league against Bonnyrigg won 1 and lost 1. Camelon drew 2 and HoB drew 2. So we are in the mix when you consider the teams mentioned!

All supposition at the moment until names / leagues are announced for next year, and who moves/ who doesn't.

Don't slag off other posters until you know your own facts!

But the likes of Camelon are off to a progressive structure that does offer European qualification for those at the top end of said pyramid. Now realistically the Junior clubs will never see that but that's what the top of the pyramid offers, that's a progressive structure - there is no limit to what you can achieve whilst the mediocre clubs like Armadale can never hope for more than the offerings of Jeanfield and Bo'ness.

Mind and keep a ticket for me when Camelon play in the European Champions League [emoji38]

54 minutes ago, GordonS said:

There  is a difference between saying what a football pyramid is and implying you expect small teams to get to the top.

Perhaps it's this know-your-place mentality that best illustrates the divide, not just in football but also in life in general, between some communities and others in Scotland. 

I don't personally see the problem with trying to be the best you can be, and dreaming of something you almost certainly won't achieve. It's equally fine for people to stay at a level that makes them happy and comfortable.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

I'm so completely sick of the trolling on this thread.

Linlithgow Rose voted to join the pyramid. Right now the EoS league is an utter backwater, Kelty averaged just under 6 goals a game this season and attendances are in the dozens, so I don't blame them for wanting a more structured merge into the pyramid.

As for progression, if progression is paying £12 a game for national travel in a league of 10 clubs, no thanks. That's only progression in the minds of people who don't understand why people watch football.

Completely agree with you re the trolling. Disagree on the progression. If we're good enough we go for it. The alternative is to restrict your ambition to be worse than you can be. That's not logical for me. 

2 minutes ago, bendan said:

There  is a difference between saying what a football pyramid is and implying you expect small teams to get to the top.

Perhaps it's this know-your-place mentality that best illustrates the divide, not just in football but also in life in general, between some communities and others in Scotland. 

I don't personally see the problem with trying to be the best you can be, and dreaming of something you almost certainly won't achieve. It's equally fine for people to stay at a level that makes them happy and comfortable.

That's kind of it, but not quite it. I'll follow Linlithgow Rose regardless of how well or how badly they're doing. In fact, I went to more games at the back end of last season precisely because they were doing badly and needed the support. I'm sure it's the same for fans of most clubs.

If I was the kind of fan for whom stuff like European qualification was important, I'd be supporting someone else, like most of the rest of the football fans in the country. Most people who live Kennoway Star Hearts don't support their nearest team, the go with a team at a level they like. It might be their nearest Junior team or it might be Kelty or Cowdenbeath or Dunfermline or Hearts or Rangers - or, these days, Man City or Barcelona.

What I'm looking for when I go to a game is affordable entry, a friendly atmosphere, to be treated like a grown-up and not herded like livestock, decent-priced food, to be able to stand where I want, not to have to sit in a designated seat, to sit on the grass on a sunny evening and to feel happy letting my kids roam around. I want a decent standard of football and a winning team, but to be honest that's secondary to supporting my town's team and to enjoying myself. 

That's my preference. I'm not saying all football fans should be like that or everyone should want that. Each to their own. People telling me what I should want, or that there's something wrong with what I enjoy, can go f**k themselves. 

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

People need to remember that football is utterly unimportant. If people care only about winning then fine, but personally I don't understand football fans who don't appear to enjoy it. Life's too short for that.

It's a way to vent their spleen and get negativity out of their system from their day-to-day lives related to issues that they can't deal with or resolve head on.

1 hour ago, drs said:

the junior game is dying , watch the attendance for the final on the 27th may , it wont break 3500,  rugby parkis a great ground but has the the worst astro turf in scotland , for the juniors biggest day this is a disgrace ,  did you notice the state of wishaw  and lochees grounds in the alba semi highlights , there are many like this in the junior game , some teams have neat trim set ups but many  look like third world dumps , how they can take money off people to stand in these coups is a disgrace ...

The current situation is akin to the lunatics taking over the asylum.

No one to blame other than the SFA and SJFA who sat and watched as grassroots football tore itself apart.

I understand the EoS position but genuinely feel they have went for quantity over quality.

That doesn't IMO improve things as a poor side doesn't necessarily become better just for changing leagues (only time will tell on that one.)

At the moment the only winners are Kelty who jumped early. But that could mean nowt if they don't win the play-off.

1 hour ago, buboy said:

Will miss our annual meeting midweek because you're pitch is unplayable on a Saturday from September till April

Game got switched when most games were off. Camelon had games on whenergy most are. Are you going to slate every other cluve who has games off. We have a canal pissing on to the park. It does piss me off on here when people take a shot at a club because one person who has nothing to do with the club says something you don' like

4 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

The current situation is akin to the lunatics taking over the asylum.

No one to blame other than the SFA and SJFA who sat and watched as grassroots football tore itself apart.

I understand the EoS position but genuinely feel they have went for quantity over quality.

That doesn't IMO improve things as a poor side doesn't necessarily become better just for changing leagues (only time will tell on that one.)

At the moment the only winners are Kelty who jumped early. But that could mean nowt if they don't win the play-off.

But how do the EoS (as a Football Association as well as a League) differ from the SJFA whose recent admissions include teams with either no ground or playing at 3G cages? Sounds like quantity over quality to me. The NRSJFA newcomers tend to also play at exceptionally basic fields.

the name junior football is 50 years out of date , we should have the same set up they have in england , pyramid or whatever you want to call it , sjfa is run by dinosours , how ever you spell it , with teams jumping ship, it is only a matter of a few seasons and it will be a bigger mess than it is at the moment ,  there are junior grounds with no cover if it rains ....in the 21st century ,i ask you .

50 minutes ago, GordonS said:

What I'm looking for when I go to a game is affordable entry, a friendly atmosphere, to be treated like a grown-up and not herded like livestock, decent-priced food, to be able to stand where I want, not to have to sit in a designated seat, to sit on the grass on a sunny evening and to feel happy letting my kids roam around. I want a decent standard of football and a winning team, but to be honest that's secondary to supporting my town's team and to enjoying myself. 

Exactly what junior Football provides.