Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 hours ago, juniorsforme said:

Crowds ? I would still say the crowds at Junior football are miles ahead of EoS / LL.......Average age  would be no  different.................Lack of a  sponsor for the Scottish is one I will give you but  that will change. Every league in the West / East is sponsored by McBookie.  Fixtures is always a sore one but when I see the advanced fixture list for the EoS  I have to admit it looks good until venues and kick off times are changed often at the last minute. Seen a couple of games changed recently  with kick  off's at 12.00pm and 4.00pm......  Also easy to  create a fixture list for 14 teams who have no  Scottish Cup to  participate in and clubs playing in inter regional  cups. Then the farce of Kelty and LTHV the only two teams who had any chance of winning it playing their two league matches back to back....that makes a lot of sense does it not. Finally I have never said the Juniors were perfect......in  fact I have had many a  battle with  TJ  about a number of issues but i have had to go with the decision. What I  know  is the EoS is  not what you all think it is and money will  not shower down like some of you  think. Time will  tell.

Lochee aye? that explains it, fecking rockets.

All the best to the dozen or so clubs leaving, trust me the rest will follow very soon but no as part of the SJFA mob they're done.

Lochee aye? that explains it, fecking rockets.
All the best to the dozen or so clubs leaving, trust me the rest will follow very soon but no as part of the SJFA mob they're done.

What do you mean? Do you think that juniorsforme is a Lochee United fan?

Funnily enough his posts read like Lochee Uniteds Twitter feed in their spelling and punctuation.

Lochee United twitter feed is a bit of a shambles tbh. Shame too as I have a soft spot for them

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What do you mean? Do you think that juniorsforme is a Lochee United fan?

Funnily enough his posts read like Lochee Uniteds Twitter feed in their spelling and punctuation.

Lochee United twitter feed is a bit of a shambles tbh. Shame too as I have a soft spot for them

Burnie called him Larry so it can only be the infamous Duncan boy fae Lochee, a bit of the world I know well sadly. Wouldnt surprise me if he does the twitter he likes control.  Is Cabalerro back in training :rolleyes:

Edited by Goalie Hamish

2 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

The ERSJFA will need to get their finger out and work out what the leagues look like next season.

If they stick with Super and Prem at 16 then there are 17 teams left between north and south

12/12/12/13?

this is a bit Lionel.

For me amalgamating the North and South and running a 16-16-17 set up would be the best.

The alternatives would be a 12-12 super and premier with the other 25 split between north and south. The problem with that is two teams being relegated from the super without expecting it not to mention going back to a 22 game season.

Or a 16  team super with two regional leagues of 17 and 16 teams which is the worst option for me.

Burnie called him Larry so it can only be the infamous Duncan boy fae Lochee, a bit of the world I know well sadly. Wouldnt surprise me if he does the twitter he likes control.  Is Cabalerro back in training :rolleyes:

Never even noticed the Larry comment but it rings a bell, the LU Twitter got into an argument with Keith Gibson (well known ex player/manager of Fed in Dundee) a wee while ago over something silly, the official club account got a bitty personal and it was all rather embarrassing.

Think it was because an EoS cup final was being played at a junior ground or something. Sarcastic comments about the ‘well run’ EoS clubs having to do that, funny because I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure the junior cup final is in a similar situation as to where the final gets played..

Also all your usual bingo comments, milk of land and honey’esque and juniors till we die stuff.

Also been sarcastically asking LTHV about their published attendances. Not sure why. Seems pretty bitter.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Never even noticed the Larry comment but it rings a bell, the LU Twitter got into an argument with Keith Gibson (well known ex player/manager of Fed in Dundee) a wee while ago over something silly, the official club account got a bitty personal and it was all rather embarrassing.

Think it was because an EoS cup final was being played at a junior ground or something. Sarcastic comments about the ‘well run’ EoS clubs having to do that, funny because I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure the junior cup final is in a similar situation as to where the final gets played..

Also all your usual bingo comments, milk of land and honey’esque and juniors till we die stuff.

Also been sarcastically asking LTHV about their published attendances. Not sure why. Seems pretty bitter.

He's a fanny best avoided and I do

So 26-28 EoS teams next season - I make it 32 in the East Juniors inside the current LL boundary (Tay Bridge) for next season. Of those, 19 said yes to joining the pyramid in the survey, 10 said no and 3 didn't reply.

How exactly do the SJFA propose to bring across the rest of the Juniors into the pyramid? Two leagues of the same size covering the same area at tier 6 is surely a non-starter...

Who cares now anyway ? Teams have made their beds and will have to lie in them.

if yer team has went to the EOS, off ye go to the East of Scotland forum and good luck. At the end of this season you are history, move on and don't bother coming back, not interested.

if yer still gonna be a junior team then this is YOUR forum.

8 hours ago, Robert James said:

in the East, there is no rational argument for 2 separate and 'competing' feeder leagues, ........................................ England has a very diverse pyramid, but nowhere do the  non-league tiers 2 to 5 overlap and compete for each others clubs. There is some minor adjustment each season, by moving 1 or 2 clubs (between leagues), solely for the purpose of balancing the number of clubs in the 25 leagues concerned. The SFA controls this process

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Two leagues of the same size covering the same area at tier 6 is surely a non-starter...

Can we PLEASE stop making these assertions, especially by referring to the CURRENT structure of the pyramid in England.

What, if anything, IS relevant is the EARLY stage of the English pyramid when the feeder leagues to the Conference were the Northern Premier League, the Southern League and the Isthmian League.

The geographical footprint of the Southern League then was everything from the Midlands (e.g. Nuneaton Borough, Loughborough United) to the South Coast except the extreme southeast (Bath City and Yeovil Town were in but no teams from Cornwall or Devon), also including the south east (e.g. Folkestone, Dover) and the London area (e.g. Dartford, Romford, Bexley United).

The Isthmian League's Geographical footprint in those days very much overlapped with the Southern, covering London (e.g. Hendon, Leyton, Dulwich Hamlet) and surrounding counties (Woking, St Albans City) but also stretching out to Oxford (City) and Wycombe (Wanderers).

It was only many years later that the composition of those leagues was drastically altered so that they do not overlap and the Isthmian League now covers London, the Southeast and East Anglia while the Southern covers the Southwest, Midlands and the areas immediately north and west of London.

Similar developments have taken place at lower levels in the English pyramid since its inception.

So, let's say from 2019-20 initially for a season or two, why in principle shouldn't there be two partially overlapping (geographically) East Lowlands feeders to the Lowland League in the shape of the EoSL & ERSJFA, with a clearly stated intention that, over a number of seasons, they would amalgamate. A similar melding of SoSL and WRSJFA could also be set in motion.

What's the major stumbling block to  something like this? As far as I can see, only the insistence of the SJFA hierarchy and of large number of its clubs (even those that are stated to be pro-pyramid) that the SJFA must retain its separate identity and that the "Junior grade" of football has to remain something special and apart from the non-SPFL "Seniors". (And possibly a degree of similar but reverse intransigence from the EoSL).

Is that a good enough reason for there not to be progress towards a fully integrated Scottish football pyramid? Whatever any of us thinks right now, I suspect that the prospect we're faced with will be very different 12 and 24 months in the future than it looks right now!

Who cares now anyway ? Teams have made their beds and will have to lie in them.
if yer team has went to the EOS, off ye go to the East of Scotland forum and good luck. At the end of this season you are history, move on and don't bother coming back, not interested.
if yer still gonna be a junior team then this is YOUR forum.

You clearly care despite your childlike attitude and ridiculous comments on here.

With people like you about the Junior grade will surely thrive......no ......wait. Ah well.

7 hours ago, the tin man said:

So did boness get accepted

Would have to have formally  applied first.  Sadly I hear that their senior office bearers have decided and openly stated that thon pesky lowland league isnae for them.

A decision they will regret in time I feel.  Ah well that's their lookout but the fans should have been consulted a long time ago as after all committees come and go, supporters don't.