Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, tell_me_more said:

So you think 4 or 5 of the new EOS ex Junior teams out of say 15 teams  can get licensed quickly but in the West out of about 80 teams many of whom have arguably better facilities and infrastucture wouldn't be able to get 20 licensed quickly? Looke like you are just twisting things to suit your own agenda......

There wasn't exactly a stampede in the West when Linlithgow Rose & Banks O'Dee were getting their licences.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

To address your plan. Bring in 16 further clubs at tier 5 and go through a process of splitting them into two divisions.  Firstly, you’d need Licenced clubs therefore the current Licenced clubs outside the LL would need to be invited; Kelty Hearts, LTHV, Burntisland, Coldstream, Girvan, Newton Stewart, Threave Rovers, St.Cuthbert Wanderers and maybe Glasgow University and Wigtown.  These are all full SFA Licenced member clubs.  By the end of next season I’d expect 4 or 5 of the new EoS applicants to be Licenced. All those clubs would have to be offered places in this “Top 32” LL shootout for season 2019/20, so very quickly you’re already down to only 1 or 2 places for Junior clubs.

Eh? You are forgetting the junior clubs which could well be licensed in a year's time. They will line up with the other licensed clubs in applying for places. Of the ones you list Kelty or LTHV and Threave  and Girvan are the only credible applicants. I dare say Bonnyrigg and HoB may well be licensed by then and would also take up places.

3 minutes ago, tell_me_more said:

So you think 4 or 5 of the new EOS ex Junior teams out of say 15 teams  can get licensed quickly but in the West out of about 80 teams many of whom have arguably better facilities and infrastucture wouldn't be able to get 20 licensed quickly? Looke like you are just twisting things to suit your own agenda......

Yes, 4 or 5 of the current East Juniors clubs out of 60 can get Licenced by the end of next season (clubs have already begun the process), I think it's fanciful to think 20 out of 64 in the West can do that,

So wondered how an East/West split would look. Was pretty even to start with and only switching Stirlingshire over was needed to make it even. Not sure Stranraer would fancy an away day to Inverness and same goes for Fraserburgh v Tweedmouth but, if ye want the split to be one way and by population it's far better than North/South

5adf5061358ea_W-ETraditional.png.09077e0c0b00daf70a0226a6b1caed98.png

5adf5060ad58a_W-ERedux.png.218f6766086cf6f4be2c6f74814174fe.png

5adf505fc4f16_W-EReduxMap.thumb.png.3030e05c009bf40451b9eb8b1ac7a65c.png

25 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

This is why I have a lot of respect and admiration for Kelty, they came into a league that was obviously beneath their standards, demanded nothing, nae greeting or whining, showed respect, humility and grace and have just got on with it. Even if Saturday doesn’t go for them, I’m sure it’ll continue the same. Then you come on here...........................

You are spot on. 

Kelty have shown the proper manner on how things should work.  Not  sure every team planning to move will bring the same commitment as Kelty have shown.  Always felt it would be interesting how much due diligence the EoS apply to  new applicants and in particular their ability to meet required standards.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There wasn't exactly a stampede in the West when Linlithgow Rose & Banks O'Dee were getting their licences.

And then the SFA blocked license applications just in case the stampede started.  

So, third attempt, was looking at the "junior" split of North/East/West . This was heavily skewed in favour of the West tho'.

5adf50eb2c6e4_E-W-NTraditional.png.6daa28d76fec6b2829edf823e3ab37d7.png

The only way I could really make it even, again, was to chuck the Dunbartonshires and Stirling North. Even then it was still a bit West heavy...

5adf50eaa467d_E-W-NRedux.png.923fe301a2691f27241b66a0d0689013.png
5adf50e9db0a1_E-W-NReduxMap.thumb.png.2f1de7af3fc65cb7376d3786941724d9.png

Just now, Khufu2 said:

And then the SFA blocked license applications just in case the stampede started.  

Nope, because it was wasn't leading to an integrated pyramid like they would have hoped. That's why they never blocked anything, but added the commitment to the pyramid stipulation.

4 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Eh? You are forgetting the junior clubs which could well be licensed in a year's time. They will line up with the other licensed clubs in applying for places. Of the ones you list Kelty or LTHV and Threave  and Girvan are the only credible applicants. I dare say Bonnyrigg and HoB may well be licensed by then and would also take up places.

The only current Junior clubs that can be Licenced in a years time to enter the "top 32" shootout are those joining the EoS, and I already mentioned that 4 or 5 of them could be in that position.  I forgot to add Linlithgow to the list.

2 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Whether credible or not the others mentioned still got up of their arse and completed the licensing process, probably at some considerable cost, and to the detriment of their on field ambitions when some of the junior clubs mentioned turned their nose up at it.  You reap what you sow.

Just now, Deeside Dynamo said:

Whether credible or not the others mentioned still got up of their arse and completed the licensing process, probably at some considerable cost, and to the detriment of their on field ambitions when some of the junior clubs mentioned turned their nose up at it.  You reap what you sow.

Are you still living in the past? I'm discussing now and the future, not 5 years ago. Junior clubs will be preparing for  licenses in the next year.  It's the situation 12 months from now which is relevant - not 5 years ago.

There is nobody to blame here other the TJ. It was through  his arrogance that he quickly dismissed the notion of the Juniors joining the LL when it was set up. This has all came back to bite him, and the grade, on the backside. He cannot now expect the same people he snubbed to now roll over and give him what we he wants.

Final attempt was a North/South/East/West split...

5adf52149e6c1_N-S-E-WTraditional.png.f50572950be45ad31f43bb0f1f762ecd.png

As we've already seen with the SoS league having possible parity with a West league (and the EoS) it seems a right sham considering their population. But just dropping Lanarkshire and Ayrshire into the south...

5adf520ec572c_N-S-E-WRedux.png.487462685eea6e553d6127e070927819.png
5adf5208bb747_N-S-E-WReduxMap.thumb.png.345f6ee74a86399a18a3b2839ae36d69.png
(Borders is supposed to be Orange in that map at the end. Apologies for that f**k up)

A geographic split which is equal on both population and area. Travel is fairly straight forward for all (apart from Fort William as always) and a few Tayside clubs might be huffy about trips North but, f**k 'em, such is life.

Also these areas can be split further geographically at lower tiers (Ayrshire/Lanarkshire/D&G for south, North/South for East and the same kinda split for North)

Go on, admit it, it's a beezer of a set up.

Right. I've wasted the last hour of work. You can all get back to arguing about crowds and 100k toilets.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The only current Junior clubs that can be Licenced in a years time to enter the "top 32" shootout are those joining the EoS, and I already mentioned that 4 or 5 of them could be in that position.  I forgot to add Linlithgow to the list.

That is simply not true. The SFA decides on licensing arrangements. They can start on the licensing of junior clubs from their next meeting if they so wish. It is quite probable that they will obviously require commitment or even entry into an SFA league before the licence is valid but to say they cannot be licensed for 2019-20 is just plain wrong.

After all, aren't we being told that Blackburn and Dalkeith are having their licences processed?They are as much junior teams as Pollok and Bo'ness.

4 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Are you still living in the past? I'm discussing now and the future, not 5 years ago. Junior clubs will be preparing for  licenses in the next year.  It's the situation 12 months from now which is relevant - not 5 years ago.

12 months from now all those clubs I listed will still be full SFA Licenced Members, and Talbot wont.   So they get first dibs in your expanded LL.

1 minute ago, Khufu2 said:

That is simply not true. The SFA decides on licensing arrangements. They can start on the licensing of junior clubs from their next meeting if they so wish. It is quite probable that they will obviously require commitment or even entry into an SFA league before the licence is valid but to say they cannot be licensed for 2019-20 is just plain wrong.

After all, aren't we being told that Blackburn and Dalkeith are having their licences processed?They are as much junior teams as Pollok and Bo'ness.

Of course it's true, only clubs participating in the Pyramid can get Licenced, Blackburn and Dalkeith are joining the Pyramid. Jeezo!

Edited by Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

12 months from now all those clubs I listed will still be full SFA Licenced Members, and Talbot wont.   So they get first dibs in your expanded LL.

You quite simply do not know that. You are making it up as you go along.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Of course it's true, only clubs participating in the Pyramid can get Licenced.

Oh dear. The SFA decides the basis on which licences are issued.  They can change the rules at their next meeting if it fits in with their pyramid plans.