Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Edusport do represent a community. There is a group of French students who have moved to Scotland to study and play football. Ok, it’s a small community, but a community all the same.

I don’t think they particularly add much to our game, but they exist and as long as they do they are entitled to exist at as high a level as they can manage.

The incorporation of more teams into the senior pyramid should mean that they end up existing at a lower level. Providing of course that teams with history, tradition, grounds and support can run themselves well enough to overtake them.

Which fair enough as long as folk accept the likes of Edusport, BSC and others could disappear as quickly as they appeared. It's not as though there's any fan base to miss them.

11 hours ago, Afrojim said:

I'm not a BSC fan, I have no involvement with the club. I'm just not sure what ideal or sensitivity it is that people have that BSC as an organisation is offending. They're a private sports club owned and operated by their members, people pay to become members in order to avail of the services and facilities they provide. If there was no benefit to this then there would be no demand for it and therefore no club. People are entitled to spend money on what they want. There's thousands of sports clubs around the world operated on a similar basis, most German football clubs, the Foundation of Hearts, the Well Society, all of these organisations operate on the same premise resulting in what it is the members have predetermined will be beneficial to them, other members, the club and the wider community.  

If 750 or so members want to spend money helping BSC achieve its aims and benefit from membership then I genuinely don't see why that causes offence to anyone else in any way. They're a constitutional organisation, a registered charity and a licensed football club that have achieved a community award from the SFA, they're not profiting from their members or duping anyone out of their money. 

Game, set and match ! Let's move on.

On the subject of BSC and having to pay fees. That’s the case for every single boys team and amateur team at every single level.

There won’t be a team in the country where young lads playing play for free. Unless they are on contracts with professional teams of course.

11 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

Well, it's taken nearly 250  pages and almost 5000 posts to get completely off the subject ' junior football, what is the future'  but we have finally got there. It usually happens somewhere around the second page

It normally swings back round again after a few pages of off-piste posting, or in Dipple's case, pished posting :lol:

Particularly when you hear that it's not all over yet as far as EoS applications are concerned, even though the deadline has passed.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Is there any truth to that or is it just wishful thinking?

It's what I have been told, as ever we'll find out for sure on or around the 26th.  No guarantee that late applications would be accepted of course, but I would be surprised if anyone was turned away upto the EGM.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

It's what I have been told, as ever we'll find out for sure on or around the 26th.  No guarantee that late applications would be accepted of course, but I would be surprised if anyone was turned away upto the EGM.

It would make sense. There was something about Kelty's application last year being later than the deadline. It will also strengthen the EoSFL's standing further and encourage any doubting applicants to stick with it.

7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Another East Superleague team?

Dunno, but another SL team leaving could drive a large hole in the SJFA's plan to run a parallel league in the East.  It stengthens the EoSFL's hand.

Edited by Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Dunno, but another SL team leaving could drive a large hole in the SJFA's plan to run a parallel league in the East.

The most obvious one would be Newtongrange following Bonnyrigg. Their ground should meet licensing standards - would make a lot of sense for them, they'd be a great addition to EoS.

10 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

The most obvious one would be Newtongrange following Bonnyrigg. Their ground should meet licensing standards - would make a lot of sense for them, they'd be a great addition to EoS.

18447562_375831572818268_553757892041907

Newtongrange Star
about 3 weeks ago

There has recently been much discussion regarding various clubs moving to the East of Scotland League. Newtongrange Star FC would like to clarify to our members and supporters that we have not submitted an application to the East of Scotland League. We did vote in favour of Junior clubs joining the Scottish Pyramid in a recent survey conducted by the SJFA. Since the majority of SJFA member clubs also voted in favour of joining the Scottish Pyramid, we are therefore interested in seeing what change can be brought about by the SJFA during subsequent discussions with other relevant parties. There is also a Special General Meeting scheduled for 10th April called by the ERJFA (East Region) to further progress the matter.

late application? after the meeting with T J  and the ERSJFA??

7 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Sauchie ? They have been very low profile.  Or perhaps Kennoway Star Hearts, as someone on this post hinted about 100+ posts ago ?

Funnily enough  I heard tonight that Sauchie had applied but as they've never been mentioned before I just thought it was more of the speculation that surrounds this topic.

At least we'll find out a week tomorrow. Or will we?