Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

i get the impression that the Licenced clubs are Licenced only to safeguard their SFA membership and Scottish Cup entry, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Nonsense. If they don't want to embrace the pyramid concept f**k off out of it just like the juniors :)

5 hours ago, Robert James said:

This could work, if the West Juniors reject a new WoSL . This would then need a West junior club to  "do a Kelty"  and replicate what's happening in the East.  Also, Strathclyde Uni might be interested, and East Kilbride Res/Dev XI might be another (?)

Unfortunately it would guarantee hundreds more 'Pie Shop' posts from Junior fans, protesting about "no consultation"  again !! And of course, the SJFA could have apoplexy.   

Wouldn't it be better to wait and persuade junior clubs of the benefits? Rather than fill a division with reserves and other clubs who have shown no more inclination to join up than them.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Wouldn't it be better to wait and persuade junior clubs of the benefits? Rather than fill a division with reserves and other clubs who have shown no more inclination to join up than them.

In principle, I agree with you. Another year for West clubs to deliberate should (in theory) be beneficial

Unfortunately the SJFA hasn't publicly published its results, which is a huge mistake as the following would have been informative for all interested parties:

NB :  EAST & WEST club results to be SEPARATED for comparison purposes. The names of individual clubs would NOT need to be published.

(1) what was the number of clubs who replied  within the timescale set, subdivided into numbers for each current Junior Division

(2)what was the number of clubs who didn't reply within the timescale, subdivided into numbers for each current Junior Division

(3) what was the number of clubs who wanted to join the pyramid at Tier 5

(4) what was the number of clubs who wanted to join at Tier 6

(5) what was the number of clubs who prefer to remain within the SJFA framework, and not therefore wish to join the pyramid 

This openness would help overcome a repeated allegation (however unfair ?) that the SJFA isn't really interested in doing anything other than seeking to retain the status quo, separate rather than part of,  an integrated pyramid, whereas the club  results received within the deadline, have undermined this stance. 

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Yes, subject to my earlier views about the SoSL clubs and consultation/completion in time for 2019/20 implementation for the West Region. But will this be blocked or delayed by the SJFA ?

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

Yes, subject to my earlier views about the SoSL clubs and consultation/completion in time for 2019/20 implementation for the West Region. But will this be blocked or delayed by the SJFA ?

If it was ignored by the SJFA then I'd expect a substantial number of the more prominent clubs would move across to WoSL. SoS clubs could be invited, but in reality probably wouldn't and would be happy as a district below.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

If it was ignored by the SJFA then I'd expect a substantial number of the more prominent clubs would move across to WoSL. SoS clubs could be invited, but in reality probably wouldn't and would be happy as a district below.

Well done Wilson, ten out of ten .......so long as you remain responsible for that "stupid boy Pike" ! 

Just now, gogsy said:

Really? You're clearly talking bull. You only need to look at my post history to see thats rubbish. Lets be absolutely clear here  there is no danger of Hamilton Accies playing Larkhall Thistle in any league game ever.  You've been trolling for the last week or so claiming all sorts about existing SPFL teams.  

Thanks brother, good luck to Kelty.

Ignore button for you.

On 22/03/2018 at 13:14, Isabel Goudie said:

Honestly, I do sometimes despair. We currently have a set up that was organised in a hurry, and without going over the points again, surely now is the time to address this. Your haste to get west clubs into the pyramid as is sounds a tad desperate and in my opinion would only antagonise. We would then end up precisely where we were when the LL was accelerated,  creating disparity and inappropriate clubs fast tracked resulting in a real question mark over the actual quality and a build up of resentment. 

Isa can you confirm exactly where your information is regarding the pyramid being set up in a hurry ? 

An ex ww and Spartans manager has recently stated/blogged  that he (along with other Spartans officials)  met up with Gordon Smith, David Taylor and Stewart Regan over a TEN YEAR period pushing for a LL and each and every  Junior side had 2 or 3 seasons to put their names forward for a LL place ? 

He is awaiting Mr. Johnstone and his "cohorts wondering when they are going to lift their heads above the Hampden parapet and comment" ? 

Apparently "their protectionism stopped any debate 4 or 5 years ago when the structure below the SPFL was going to change and is obviously coming home to roost now". 

Now I do wonder where yer statement of "accelerating" and "organised in a hurry statement" which you keep harping on aboot comes from.  :wacko:

Edited by newcastle broon

10 hours ago, gogsy said:

Really? You're clearly talking bull. You only need to look at my post history to see thats rubbish. Lets be absolutely clear here  there is no danger of Hamilton Accies playing Larkhall Thistle in any league game ever.  You've been trolling for the last week or so claiming all sorts about existing SPFL teams.  

If there had been a pyramid league structure around 1970 or so it could have happened given Accies were the Cowdenbeath of that era so ever is a wee bit too categorical, and what he is probably referring to is the 750k that was lost by Accies through a banking scam. Think the Greg Docherty transfer should have stabilised things again. Hope so anyway.

36 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If there had been a pyramid league structure around 1970 or so it could have happened given Accies were the Cowdenbeath of that era so ever is a wee bit too categorical, and what he is probably referring to is the 750k that was lost by Accies through a banking scam. Think the Greg Docherty transfer should have stabilised things again. Hope so anyway.

Plus he might even be referring to Hamilton Accies main sponsor going tits up.

38 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Isa can you confirm exactly where your information is regarding the pyramid being set up in a hurry ? 

An ex ww and Spartans manager has recently stated/blogged  that he (along with other Spartans officials)  met up with Gordon Smith, David Taylor and Stewart Regan over a TEN YEAR period pushing for a LL and each and every  Junior side had 2 or 3 seasons to put their names forward for a LL place ? 

He is awaiting Mr. Johnstone and his "cohorts wondering when they are going to lift their heads above the Hampden parapet and comment" ? 

Apparently "their protectionism stopped any debate 4 or 5 years ago when the structure below the SPFL was going to change and is obviously coming home to roost now". 

Now I do wonder where yer statement of "accelerating" and "organised in a hurry statement" which you keep harping on aboot comes from.  :wacko:

I have to admit from a club level - certainly in the West - that's the way it appeared on the ground. I've said as much on here myself.

Whether the SJFA was attending the meetings and failing to communicate developments to the clubs I don't know, but there certainly was some kind of disconnect somewhere along the line.

The first I was aware of the proposals was maybe mid-late April of the season before the LL started when our club secretary showed me the questionnaire that had been sent round. Even then from memory it was couched in language that sounded odd - loads of "in principle" and so on.

At any rate, nobody was going to make a precipitate decision in that sort of timeframe. Whether that was the fault of the SJFA or the movers and shakers of the LL, I'm now not as sure as I previously was, but either way it was like getting an invite to a party on the other side of the city that starts in half an hour - you're not going to bother...

I have to admit from a club level - certainly in the West - that's the way it appeared on the ground. I've said as much on here myself.

Whether the SJFA was attending the meetings and failing to communicate developments to the clubs I don't know, but there certainly was some kind of disconnect somewhere along the line.

The first I was aware of the proposals was maybe mid-late April of the season before the LL started when our club secretary showed me the questionnaire that had been sent round. Even then from memory it was couched in language that sounded odd - loads of "in principle" and so on.

At any rate, nobody was going to make a precipitate decision in that sort of timeframe. Whether that was the fault of the SJFA or the movers and shakers of the LL, I'm now not as sure as I previously was, but either way it was like getting an invite to a party on the other side of the city that starts in half an hour - you're not going to bother...

Agree with a lot of what you have said here. I feel that all west junior clubs (especially) have cast as villains here. I know for a fact that Arthurlie responded positively to all the questionnaires regarding the pyramid. I also believe 5/6 others did likewise. We asked for additional information to take to our membership before making a final decision on this, but didn’t receive any. When I contacted that SFA & SJFA I wasn’t given the information required and left with the distinct feeling that it had already had been decided that it would mainly be made up by EOSL clubs.

Some junior clubs have to stop living in the past. Change can be positive, you only have to look at the decline in crowds across many clubs (my own being a prime example) to see that change is needed. Times have changed and it’s time for the SJFA and (sadly) a large amount of junior clubs to change with it.

We need a WoSL to achieve parity and allow for a fully functional pyramid to be achieved.

Also some people from both sides of the argument should have a good look at themselves and stop acting like school children.

I wrote to Gordon Smith years ago outlining reasons why Division 4 N/S (as it was then called) was flawed, and he did respond with his reasons countering mine. That email correspondence is lost to time but it was well towards the start of this decade, if not before. I honestly cannot remember when. Change has been on the cards and the SJFA have refused to play ball all the way along. The creation of the LL did seem to appear out of nowhere but dialogue had been ongoing for a while prior to that. I do believe TJ was resolute in putting the interests of his members first BUT a day of reckoning was inevitable so that brinkmanship seems to have gained the members very little.

As it stands, the SJFA want to either have their clubs in at L5 or 6. But there is every likelihood that wishful thinking could be misplaced and they come in at L7, below a new WoS league, the EoS, the SoS and potentially a HFL Div 2.

There are 13 clubs in the East of Scotland league and around 60 in the East Region Juniors.The Juniors have an established league format,instead of clubs leaving the Juniors the East of Scotland league could be added to the junior format and all junior clubs offered senior status.Promotion from the Super league to the lowland league should take place and a decision as to which tier the present East of Scotland league should take. It seems to me that at present the dog is wagging the tail

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/255691-Bonnyrigg-Rose-should-they-stay-or-should-they-go%2E%2E%2E/page__view__findpost__p__12024891