Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

10 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I know we received something like £200 for being runners-up in the South Division in 2016-17, so I'm guessing Dunbar received more as winners, and in turn the Premier and Super receive much more.  Oh, and a bookies pen ;)

1 hour ago, Belter1 said:

Tranent got £1000 for winning it a few years ago if I remember right.

Hard to see why clubs are scrambling to join the seniors isn't it. £200 for runners up FFS :lol: Not even enough to get the squad a piss up.

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

What was the EoS equivalant? How much did Kelty get last year?

No idea and a quick Google search turns up nothing. You get a minimum of £43K in League 2 though, which is where those clubs are aiming for.

Closest I could find was this about the Lowland League:

Winner gets automatic entry into the Betfred Cup Group Stage, £17,000 minimum prize money, guaranteed 2 home matches in group also.

I presume that's £17k for the winner of the LL? Not every club is getting that are they?

Winner gets automatic entry into the Betfred Cup Group Stage, £17,000 minimum prize money, guaranteed 2 home matches in group also.

I presume that's £17k for the winner of the LL? Not every club is getting that are they?
The £17k is the minimum prize money from the BetFred Cup - it's not the prize money given to the Lowland League winners just for winning their league.

There are lots of different variables affecting LL and eosfl teams and what their incomes are (just like the juniors) the only difference is that entry into the Senior Scottish each season guarantees some money. A top 4 finish (LL) gets you into another cup and potentially more revenue. 

Not sure the fee for winning the league but i presume, given the pyramid structure, it would be on a par or greater than winning a junior superlegue.... Although I am happy to be corrected as I can't find it. 

There are other benefits to being licensed to consider.... Accounts, policies, youth structure, club run properly, coaching level, etc etc etc. On the face most of it is administrative but to a greater degree than most do just now... The whole set up is taken into account, infrastructure and all, not just first team, on park success. 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

LL clubs will get a minimum of £4k for competing in the Scottish Cup 1st round, while the champions get £5k and those progressing to the 2nd round make an additional £5k. Plus their payments from the SFA for being a licensed club.

Edited by Ginaro

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

LL clubs will get a minimum of £4k for competing in the Scottish Cup 1st round, while the champions get £5k and those progressing to the 2nd round make an additional £5k. Plus their payments from the SFA for being a licensed club.

Compare that to the Junior leagues with from what I heard was £3k for winning the West Super, £1.5k for winning the East Super and somewhere between £8-12k for winning the junior cup (which if you don’t get to at least the Semi Final you rely on a plum draw to make any money from the competition)

Happy to be corrected if the figures I heard on the terraces were wrong mind you.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 09:21, kefc said:

What does the East of Scotland Football League have to offer?

• Membership of EOSFL which confirms acceptance of and commitment to the pyramid system thereby satisfying a mandatory requirement of being granted a Club Licence.
• Automatic entry to the Scottish Cup for Champion Club irrespective of licencing status which will generate a minimum income in excess of £3,000
• 3 ways of Scottish Cup Entry, EOS & SOS League Champions, Alex Jack Cup Winner, Any Licenced Club
• £3,000 Funding towards ground improvements available to all un-licenced  clubs looking to gain their SFA Licence
• Up to £10,000 funding as an EOS club available from Scottish Football Partnership towards ground improvements.
• Our ambition is to have all Members licenced as soon as possible and thereby automatically in the Scottish Cup every year.
• Very likely more promotion places will be available to enter the Lowland League from Tier 6
• Depending on interest from that area a possible West Of Scotland division would be looked at for tier 6
• SFA Sports First Aid courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge). SFA Licence compliant
• All clubs supplied with a defibrillator and associated training. SFA Licence compliant
• Bespoke personalised first aid bag.
• Personal Accident and Liability insurance incl. player to player liability paid for by the League. SFA  Licence compliant
• Match balls and training balls supplied each season.
• Bespoke goalkeeping courses.
• Coaching courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge) up to C Licence level.
• Prize money for those Clubs finishing in the top four in the league.
• A sound organisational structure with fixtures issued on a seasonal basis.
• In combination with the Scottish Lowland League and the South of Scotland League an U20 development league for the development of a player pathway.
• Automatic entry for the U20 team into the Scottish Youth Cup.

19 points,  4 of them regarding finances? Fixture list, u20 League, exposure in national cups, SFA Licence, pyramid?
Can you make a case for clubs in the East to remain a Junior club that will see them prosper? It’s slowly dying the best non league “blue riband” competition in Scotland can’t even get a sponsor and hasn’t had for years, 1 example of where it’s at.

Probably relevant to post this up again give the way the discussion has went around financing especially

On 13/06/2018 at 09:35, LongTimeLurker said:

16 in the south and 10-10 in the north by moving Newburgh and Luncarty would probably be more sensible in geographical terms. Maybe Luncarty volunteered for the extra travel?

Interesting regarding the East Region, but when are the West & North Regions holding their AGMs and publishing their league structures for next season ?

There have been rumours about some junior clubs folding or going into abeyance.

Or have I missed it ?

7 hours ago, Robert James said:

Interesting regarding the East Region, but when are the West & North Regions holding their AGMs and publishing their league structures for next season ?

Or have I missed it ?

North have announced their structure. Lewis Utd out and Inverness City sitting out the year. 14-9-9.

Superleague
Banks o' Dee
Colony Park
Culter
Dufftown
Dyce
East End
Ellon United
Hall Russell United
Hermes
Maud
Montrose Roselea
Nairn St Ninian
Newburgh Thistle
Stonehaven

1st Division
Banchory St Ternan
Buckie Rovers
Burghead Thistle
Deveronside
Forres Thistle
Fraserburgh United
Longside
Stoneywood Parkvale
Sunnybank

2nd Division
Aberdeen University
Buchanhaven Hearts
Cruden bay
Glentanar
Islavale
New Elgin
Newmachar United
Spey Valley United
Whitehills

16 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Compare that to the Junior leagues with from what I heard was £3k for winning the West Super, £1.5k for winning the East Super and somewhere between £8-12k for winning the junior cup (which if you don’t get to at least the Semi Final you rely on a plum draw to make any money from the competition)

Happy to be corrected if the figures I heard on the terraces were wrong mind you.

The figure in my mind for Junior Cup is £5k for semi finalists and £12k for the finalists.

Or have I missed it ?
West AGM is 27th June.

“But we will carry on next season with 25 clubs less. We have our AGM this weekend and before it a special meeting to discuss this matter – that we should join the pyramid in
principle.

“If we can maintain our identity and be part of the pyramid as the SJFA then that might lighten the blow.” - Tom Johnston

Could probably pull that quote from any Tom Johnston interview for the last 5 years, except the "lighten the blow" bit. That seems a bit more defeatist than in the past.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/big-debate-junior-football-prepares-12717228

23 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

“If we can maintain our identity and be part of the pyramid as the SJFA then that might lighten the blow.” - Tom Johnston

Head in hands stuff.

It should be edited to say   “If we can maintain our identity and be part of the pyramid as the SJFA then that might save my job” - Tom Johnston

Edited by Burnie_man

Our intention is not to be a senior club. We see ourselves as a junior team and it ends there.

The sooner this pointless  separation into senior, junior, amateur and welfare is binned the better. It is just football. The standards may vary (within and between 'grades'), but the game is exactly the same.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Head in hands stuff.

It should be edited to say   “If we can maintain our identity and be part of the pyramid as the SJFA then that might save my job” - Tom Johnston

People are finally beginning to grasp that part of it, so in no more than two years time there will almost certainly either be full integration without him being involved in any capacity or he will be left with only a small fraction of the clubs in membership now thanks mainly to the complications created by where the LL-HL boundary was placed.