Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

56 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

it’s three leagues of 12 Super North and South Clubs in each league will be adopted at next weeks AGM if it’s done on ranking positions ( current league positions ) we will be in the Super League 

I've absolutely no idea what this means!

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Something like what was posted yesterday

image.png.3391b1ffadba9c82ce656ae114b7834c.png

Similar but swapping Dundee North end and Pumpherston with Bathgate and Whitburn and I would imagine Luncarty joining the south to even leagues up

38 minutes ago, pumphy_man said:

Similar but swapping Dundee North end and Pumpherston with Bathgate and Whitburn and I would imagine Luncarty joining the south to even leagues up

Seems odd not to promote the League winners. 

If Bathgate and Whitburn do stay up presumably it would be Kinnoull who head south to maintain balance rather than Luncarty.

4 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

If Bathgate and Whitburn do stay up presumably it would be Kinnoull who head south to maintain balance rather than Luncarty.

Sorry mate geography was never my strongest subject the reason I said them was because they were mentioned in another proposal.

IMG_20180613_052252_712.jpg

4 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

Is seems like they're going by league positions,winning the league disny matter.But its down to the 36 clubs left to vote on it now at agm next Tuesday.

7 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Naw better you moved along, I think we will manage fine without any "Come on in the waters lovely" brigade

Serious question - how many big West clubs would have to leave before the likes of Talbot, assuming they stay loyal (whatever meaning that has other than 'blind faith') turn around and say "oh this party's a bit shit now isn't it?" With the abject leadership on offer, a wholesale move to me seems unlikely so a replication of what has happened in the east is entirely possible. 

1 hour ago, pumphy_man said:

Sorry mate geography was never my strongest subject the reason I said them was because they were mentioned in another proposal.

IMG_20180613_052252_712.jpg

1 hour ago, pumphy_man said:

Is seems like they're going by league positions,winning the league disny matter.But its down to the 36 clubs left to vote on it now at agm next Tuesday.

Geography obviously isn’t the strongest point of whoever came up with that proposal! Kinnoull and Scone both well to the south of Luncarty.

I hope the remaining clubs see sense and reject going by pure league position. Pumpherston deserve promotion after your strong season last year. 

Serious question - how many big West clubs would have to leave before the likes of Talbot, assuming they stay loyal (whatever meaning that has other than 'blind faith') turn around and say "oh this party's a bit shit now isn't it?" With the abject leadership on offer, a wholesale move to me seems unlikely so a replication of what has happened in the east is entirely possible. 

That would be the best scenario.

5 hours ago, Pow wow said:

Do the juniors a favour,  f@ck off to the  EoSL forum and take your sh1tty  thread with you. There’s no need to give 12 months notice.

Gosh, a new account who likes to do nothing better than slag off Burnie Man - I wonder who you can be? :lol:

8 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Seems the most sensible structure to me. It prevents some absolute mismatches like Lochee United v Forfar Albion. Fauldhouse & Pumpherston look like the odd ones out in the Superleague, but there is no way to really prevent that.

8 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Pumpherston and Fauldhouse want to play in that? Won't take long before it feels like punishment for gaining promotion. 

At least 8 buses and only 11 home fixtures with barely any visiting supporters coming the other way.

Would be better for them to be in the South League and split the 'Super' and North into 2 leagues - regional or Prem & 1st. 

Or do what the EoS have done and go for 2 north conferences to be split the following season for possible Pyramid entry as a regional association.

4 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Pumpherston and Fauldhouse want to play in that? Won't take long before it feels like punishment for gaining promotion. 

At least 8 buses and only 11 home fixtures with barely any visiting supporters coming the other way.

Would be better for them to be in the South League and split the 'Super' and North into 2 leagues - regional or Prem & 1st. 

Or do what the EoS have done and go for 2 north conferences to be split the following season for possible Pyramid entry as a regional association.

I think regardless what you do it looks horrendous 

53 minutes ago, drs said:

Gosh, a new account who likes to do nothing better than slag off Burnie Man - I wonder who you can be? :lol:

If only you had opened your eyes instead of your big mouth. I’m Mr Illustrious and I forgot my password, it’s no a secret.

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Hi troll, bored talking to yourself again emoji23.png

Never get bored of telling you what an utter f@nny you are.