Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Maybe thats the plan vollyman?
Heard it from one of Hartill's commitee.
Think its a bad idea maself but with whitburn's committee you just never know!!

When Montrose Roselea left the East Region to join the North Region it was passed at the SJFA AGM that in future clubs wishing to move to another junior region must give 1 years notice of their intentions to move

12 hours ago, virginton said:

If it's 'the Holy Grail' when why has the SJFA consistently failed to find a sponsor that provides more than two bob to fund it?

The market has quite clearly spoken and an opportunity for a big Ayrshire day out is nowhere near as big or important as you think it is.

Aye,its no fair Talbot win it aw ra time,so its no

23 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Just noticed that khufu was a wee dig about me not saying by "level" I meant "level on the pyramid" or "level of quality" despite me clearly stating what I meant. When this was pointed out to him he disappeared, despite being quick to reply before that. However tutankhamen turned up instead.

Weird that aint it?

Another delusional soul.

What is it about these people,  that posters less than 100% impressed by the shambles of the east part of the pyramid must be one and the same person.  They're off their trolleys.

37 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Now that yer back ye can answer the original point and not deflect by asking "What do you mean by level?" after it's been explained what I mean twice.

Now that many of the better clubs have left (as well as many of the poorer clubs) there is no denying in the long term the standard of football (which is your definition of level) will generally be higher at the top of of the EOSFL than at the top of the East Juniors. It's such an obvious point that it's hardly worth making.

However, the real issue is what will be the standard relative to what it would have been had the ex-juniors not done their lemming impression. Next season it will be lower in terms of the quality of opposition faced by the better clubs.  Bonnyrigg, for example, will end up in a division of quite a few dud teams. The following season it might be much of a muchness, although Bonnyrigg might well have moved on by then, diluting the quality of opposition for the rest of the top teams.  

Well if the clubs had remained Junior wouldn't Junior football always just remain at the same level; if not decrease? Crowds and sponsorship have been dropping for years in Junior football and media coverage has also switched toward the senior non-league. Clubs that turned up out of the blue with no fans, or even ground, like EKFC and Cumbernauld Colts are already prising players away from the Junior game and, going by results in the cup, are already their equals in just a couple of years.

If (taking Bonnyrigg as an example) do get promoted from the EoSFL this year they'll be in Lowland League which is improving year on year so the quality they face will improve by going up a division and, obviously, any further promotions will see the level rise again. If they don't go up then whoever comes down from the LL will be of a decent quality as well.

Even if it does take 3, 4 or 5 years for clubs to find their level that level, from LL downwards, will steadily increase as the Juniors remains stagnant.

Each time you talk about the quality of the level you can't seem to look beyond two years. In five years time Bonnyrigg will either playing SPFL football (a better level than juniors), the Lowland League (which, by then, will include the best of East Juniors and, hopefully, some from the West and some SPFL sides) or still in the EoSFL (which is now on a par with the east juniors and, in any case, if they can't get out of the EoSFL then arguments about the level of football are pointless as that will be proven to be the level they deserve to be at)

6 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Each time you talk about the quality of the level you can't seem to look beyond two years. In five years time Bonnyrigg will either playing SPFL football (a better level than juniors), the Lowland League (which, by then, will include the best of East Juniors and, hopefully, some from the West and some SPFL sides) 

Which takes us back where we began and the extent to which the'glass ceiling' has been removed. Until there are 32 LL clubs covering the whole of central and southern Scotland and 4 promotion places available to the LL the bottleneck will continue to exist.

5 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Which takes us back where we began and the extent to which the'glass ceiling' has been removed. Until there are 32 LL clubs covering the whole of central and southern Scotland and 4 promotion places available to the LL the bottleneck will continue to exist.

Well... not really. Improved promotion/relegation between tier 5/6 would be handy but, until last week, the quality and number of licensed clubs of tier 6 didn't warrant it. So far only one club have managed to make it to the SPFL and League 2 clubs still tend to have the upper hand in the cups. A bottleneck presumes the clubs in tier 5 are far superior to those above which they clearly aren't. If/when the quality of the lower tier improves the number of promotion spots will increase as well. The idea that having 32 teams in the LL, diluting the quality, would mean the level of the LL would improve makes little sense.

1 minute ago, Born To Run said:

BBC Article on the SJFA, comments from TJ

So he’s seriously still going with the “12 month notice” threat? Utterly deluded. Remaining SJFA members surely need to replace TJ to have a decent shot at survival going forward?

There is no rule stating clubs must given 12 months notice to leave, you can resign membership at any time. He is deluded as usual.

There is no rule stating clubs must given 12 months notice to leave, you can resign membership at any time. He is deluded as usual.
You answered my question in record time there, thanks.

You know this for a fact then? If it is indeed factual. . . Why is he peddling this?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Talbot secretary Henry Dumigan believes the proposals would harm his side's identity.

"We certainly didn't vote for it," said Dumigan.

"We see ourselves as a junior football team, we've no ambition to play senior football. It's fine participating in the Scottish Cup, where we've done reasonably well and competed well with the senior clubs, but we see ourselves as a junior club and that's it.

"We feel there's a strong possibility that it will damage, not the reputation, but the identity [of the club]. We're very proud to be a junior club."

Nothing wrong with feeling an affinity to being junior and all that that entails, whatever it may be, but the bit saying "It's fine participating in the Scottish Cup"? "It's fine having my cake and also eating it."

Just now, Jock Tamson said:

You know this for a fact then? If it is indeed factual. . . Why is he peddling this?

He did it to Kelty before as well, something they obviously proved incorrect. I have no idea why he thinks this batch of clubs will fall for it, given that most (if not all) will have spoken with Kelty...

3 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

As far as I am aware the 12 months notice is only to change regions? Could be wrong though.