Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Just wondering how the supporters of the "Missing Six" - Kennoway Star Hearts, Fauldhouse United, Thornton Hibs, Glenrothes Juniors, Bathgate Thistle and Whitburn Juniors - teams that have has a creditable SJFA East Region Superleague pedigree - feel about their clubs rejection of the EoSL and progress?

I can quite understand the postion of Tayport given their geographical juxtaposition with Dundee and the north of the Tay clubs. I can understand the SJFA East Region South Division clubs hanging back for another season - they basically have nothing to lose.

However what the "Missing Six" have rejected  in my opinion the opportunity for rapid progress via an exciting new "level playing field"  to again play against the likes of Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic, Linlithgow Rose and Bo'ness United at the highest level.

In my view the "Missing Six" are the big losers - in particular Bathgate Thistle with their wonderful history. They are the club that in my view had a wonderful opportunity to turn things around and have totally spurned it. Was their decision to stay made on the basis of reasoned justifications or tribalistic loyalties?

Bathgate are more than happy to play the local teams' ie south division teams, they have a very small hard working committee but with no money, playing local south division teams is where they are, people keep thinking that they are still in the same place financially as when they won the Scottish but unfortunately not and they have one of the best parks going.  

35 minutes ago, Marten said:

The people on here treated with "contempt" or being called "Isa" are people coming with the same boring arguments over and over again. Like clubs moving for "milk and honey", "extra cash handouts" or there is no point in moving if clubs can't move up. All these "arguments" are rubbish and have been proven wrong many times. Arguments are just ignored by those posters. The same people also belittle the clubs currently in the senior ranks and some call everyone disagreeing with them "deluded fools". Then there is no surprise that they get such a response.

Most pro-pyramid people on here do agree that there are flaws in the pyramid and there are some things of the juniors (see the discussion about the junior cup) worth preserving. 

Was the Scottish Junior cup as a non league trophy not something that was put forward by Junior posters ? Seems you have taken on part of the "same boring arguments". Why was Killipiyo lambasted with personal attacks? Is he Isa too?

5 minutes ago, Owen Morgan said:

Was the Scottish Junior cup as a non league trophy not something that was put forward by Junior posters ? Seems you have taken on part of the "same boring arguments". Why was Killipiyo lambasted with personal attacks? Is he Isa too?

Other than nAme really the south challenge cup is this and if their was a wosfl these teams would be in it.

What will ersjfa structure and cups be next season now 3 leagues of 12. Super, North and south. 

Having chatted to one of the officials, I believe it will be 12 with North and South.

The difficulty I believe then lies with balancing the numbers.

Geography for lochore , Newburgh, possibly as far north as kinnoull may shift again.

They will all possibly be in the south to balance.

3 hours ago, ASD.LRFC1889 said:

Yes teams are leaving the juniors to go senior however until the meeting at Easter Rd tomorrow and the ending of the season which is Saturday so at this point in time all clubs are still Junior so therefore are more than able to reply on this forum if they so wish

Would have thought clubs would need to give notice of their intention to leave SJFA.I'm not clever enough to find it in the constitution though so maybe not 

29 minutes ago, Owen Morgan said:

The Scottish Junior cup as a non league trophy has been put forward by both sides. It's about the only thing that the majority of posters on both sides agree with.

Personal attacks?lol. I teased Killipieyo for throwing the milk and honey rhetoric that’s become absolutely morbidly tiresome in absence of a constructive debate about the pyramid. Teasing someone about switching teams isn’t a ‘personal attack’, some may say its just a response to a stupid comment from a group of posters from a particular club (but admittedly not representative of their entire support) who can’t construct an argument without resorting to ‘milk and honey’ ‘going for the money’ and all the other tiresome repeatedly disproven negative arguments.
I’ll tell you what if Isa isnt posting on here under an alias and this is confirmed by a mod i’ll make a donation to a charity of your choice when i’m next paid?

1 minute ago, Marten said:

The Scottish Junior cup as a non league trophy has been put forward by both sides. It's about the only thing that the majority of posters on both sides agree with.

The introduction of Senior sides in the Junior Cup seems such a sensible move to build up consensus and cooperation.  Who on earth would be opposed to such a move in the Junior hierarchy and what would be their reasons? Sorry if I appear naive.

4 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

The introduction of Senior sides in the Junior Cup seems such a sensible move to build up consensus and cooperation.  Who on earth would be opposed to such a move in the Junior hierarchy and what would be their reasons? Sorry if I appear naive.

The major stumbling block is the SJFA they are hardly visionary in approach.  Losing Kelty should have been a wake up call to action, to lose a further 22 suggests an organisation devoid of leadership.

4 hours ago, Owen Morgan said:

Haven't said much regarding the pyramid, but it seems that anyone who states anything remotely criticising it within minutes is rounded on by a group, ridiculed and ganged up on in a adolescent playground style.

If the English league decided to go "full British" and offered the Scottish League, Welsh League and Norn Irish League the chance to join their set up parallel to the Conference, for instance, as a "Celtic" league with Scottish/Irish/Welsh divisions below it I wouldn't want Morton to join. I doubt many, if any, Scottish teams would want to join. The Welsh and Northern Irish might go for it but, despite the fact that the league might bring in more money than the current SPFL, I wouldn't want to ditch the Scottish Cup or local rivalries for it in exchange for more money or the runs in the FA Cup or the chance to visit new grounds.

If I said I was against it and people pointed out that Morton would still, probably, be in a league with St. Mirren, Thistle, Stranraer and not much would change but we'd have a chance to progress I'd still be against it.

If, in order to make it work, the English FA accepted some "brand new" teams like... Glasgow United or Ayrshire Rovers and it got up and running with some clubs who did fancy it such as Queen of the South, Airdrie and Brora I would be disappointed in them. If, in a few years time, we were losing out on players to these new teams, with no fans, and the likes of Brora. I would still be against it.

If the majority of teams from the East joined it and the Scottish league had no Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dunfermline and it became a glorified West of Scotland league with dwindling money and all the media attention started following the Scottish teams in a different league system which was properly organised and superior from a financial point of view and everything said it would be better for Morton to join the British League system... I would still be against it and absolutely no one could convince me otherwise despite all logic and reason telling me I was wrong.

I would admit, however, my reasons are purely sentimental and full of pig head stubborness and some misplaced feelings of identity and nostalgia. I wouldn't grasp at ridiculous lies or make believe stats or look down on the clubs that are leaving or the clubs at that level who are already there. I wouldn't laugh at Hibs having to play Boreham Wood or Falkirk battling it out with Cefn Druids and demean them as deluded money grabbing fools or their opponents as permadiddies when the opportunity to prove my club's superiority to them has been dismissed.

Change that to the Junior/Senior split and some posters on here have given their own, personal, reasons for wanting to remain Junior and while it might appear parochrial or rooted in the past to me it's not my place to judge those reasons . For those fans I genuinely hope that all they loved about the Juniors remains for them and, hopefully, they gain more the inevitable move to senior than they lose.

There's about four or five, however, who can't explain why they believe the juniors are superior without belittling the Lowland League and below, without resorting to outright lies like 100k toilets, Tuesday nights in Elgin (THE HORROR!) and £15 entrance fees they, frankly, deserve the hounding.

37 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

What will ersjfa structure and cups be next season now 3 leagues of 12. Super, North and south. 

I don't think you have the top level teams now to call it a superleague , a premier, North and South would be better suited.

Re: the Junior Cup open to all - why not?

It would be the first time that the quality of junior vs. senior would be able to be judged every season and over many games.

What if Spartans or Cove won it? Some in the juniors might not want the myth of junior superiority to be tested in the real world.

Edited by Stag Nation

9 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

It would be the first time that the quality of junior vs. senior would be able to be judged every season and over many games.

What if Spartans or Cove won it? Some in the juniors might not want the myth of junior superiority to be tested in the real world.

They could always restrict entries to EoSL and SoSL clubs to ensure that a Junior Club won.  There again they might even get that assumption wrong.

Scrap the Challenge Cup and use the Junior cup as the SFL Trophy.

3 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

They could always restrict entries to EoSL and SoSL clubs to ensure that a Junior Club won.  There again they might even get that assumption wrong.

3 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Talk about having your cake and eating it Burnieman. There are NO junior clubs in the EoSL. You’ve made your bed now go and lie in it and give the rest of us peace.

8 minutes ago, Pow wow said:

Talk about having your cake and eating it Burnieman. There are NO junior clubs in the EoSL. You’ve made your bed now go and lie in it and give the rest of us peace.

We all love football or else we would not be on P&B.  We simply need to find a solution fit for the 21st century. A positive way forward would be for the SJFA to make the Junior Cup an open competition for all Non League sides and retain control of this prestigious competition. The alternative will be a fragmented JC competition for diddy clubs in 5 years time.