Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Even at that. These adverse situations often thrust a leader in to the spotlight, who takes the opportunity to do themselves and everyone else a favour.

Not this time though.

Its absolutely crazy unless they've been promised a nice chunky redundancy package and it's I don't give a shite no more

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

Very, very much so. There was a bigger crowd at Prestonfield for Rose v Forfar than at a Premier League ground for Ross County v Rose, where half of the crowd were supporting Linlithgow anyway. We've made up more than half of the crowd from Fraserburgh to Newton Stewart. The big Scottish Cup matches are the highlights of the season for me and the Rose support, and the team, have made them pretty special. Junior Cup wins apart, my favourite moment as a Rose fan was the second goal at Ross County. A thing of utter beauty. 

I'll second that.  And just for a few minutes, at only 3-2 down half-way through the second half, we could dream.

Saw a couple of Linlithgow "big" Scottish Cup ties against Raith Rovers and the midweek replay against Wick Academy. Big support came down from Wick, by the way, dear knows what time they got home! 

Junior clubs seem to get their biggest crowds of the season for these games, the way it used to be in the seniors. Particularly remember the Sunday papers would print the cup crowds on the back pages, 12,000 at the Ayr v Killie game, 8,000 at East Fife etc. Maybe an influx of Junior clubs can revive those days. 

1 hour ago, th1stleandr0se said:

I'll second that.  And just for a few minutes, at only 3-2 down half-way through the second half, we could dream.

Just to add to that in the first Forfar tie we equalised just before half-time, went 3-1 down then pulled one back then equalised! Against Ross County (who were at the time fourth in the Premier League, remember) we equalised just before half-time, went 3-1 down then pulled one back then....

OK, the dream wasn't realised but those "big cup" days were special. However, I'll miss the Junior Cup adventures as well. I just hope that whatever takes its place will be as interesting.

Just to add to that in the first Forfar tie we equalised just before half-time, went 3-1 down then pulled one back then equalised! Against Ross County (who were at the time fourth in the Premier League, remember) we equalised just before half-time, went 3-1 down then pulled one back then....
OK, the dream wasn't realised but those "big cup" days were special. However, I'll miss the Junior Cup adventures as well. I just hope that whatever takes its place will be as interesting.
And we had 10 men when we were 3-1 down to Forfar.

6 hours ago, sponsorsladdie said:

What infamous “historic rights”? They applied for a license when it was available to junior clubs and each year meet the requirements and pass the audit to continue to hold a license

........."historic rights" is a jovial slang  title for the 5 clubs, including LR, who "beat the clock" before the change of SFA rules.  Not to be taken seriously !

6 hours ago, stanley said:

Not sure how Linlithgow's license counts as "infamous"  or involves "historic rights".  It was only a few years ago they got the license and they got it because they met the criteria.

The "historic rights" issues applied to clubs like Glasgow Uni who became SFA members decades ago and only got a license by moving to Airdrie.   That was based on history.  They would not have got that licence had they not previously been SFA members and only playing in the Caledonian League.

Quite true that Glasgow Uni, Golspie Sutherland and Girvan had much much longer "historic rights" under the old SFA membership rules (nothing wrong with that) than Linlithgow or Banks O'Dee. However, LR & BoD were the last Juniors to benefit under the (not so) old SFA rules, and had they applied for a licence a year after the change, they too would have been rejected as not meeting the current criteria.

So to avoid confusion, perhaps we should reclassify  the 5 clubs, as follows :  GU, GS & Girvan were licensed under the "ancient historic rights", and LR & BoD were licensed under the "not so old historic rights".  (Just joking).

My post was NOT meant as an attack on any of the 5 clubs. It was merely a humorous reference to the collective term used on P&B much earlier, being brought up again ! You will also note that  "My Team" is Glasgow University FC, so I am unlikely to be critical of them. 

19 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

This is the one who is glad his club is joining the EoS because he alleges he gets abuse from people who live in the west.

After that, I hope (insert the name of any West junior club) never joins the SFA Pyramid because someone with a club in the EoS was once abusive towards me.:lol:

Mr Norwich you sure do have mental issues, it's nae wonder even your fellow Talbot fans can't stand you. How many alias bans you had on pnb yet you still keep coming back.........you fit the criteria of an oxegyn thief.

So 25? teams have left the Juniors to join the EoS League. Wonder when most of them figure out promotion is a non starter and leaving the Juniors was a mistake.
Why would it be a mistake? What does playing in the juniors give them that the EOS does not?

18 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

So 25? teams have left the Juniors to join the EoS League. Wonder when most of them figure out promotion is a non starter and leaving the Juniors was a mistake.

How long do you keep trolling with the same boring "arguments" that have been countered many times?

18 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Oh dear,here we go again!!

You cant get promoted from the east or west super league !!!!

You can in the SoS,EoS and LL/HL!!!

23 hours ago, energyzone said:
23 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Why would it be a mistake? What does playing in the juniors give them that the EOS does not?

Does it make any difference to your average club joining the EoSL?

23 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Oh dear,here we go again!!

You cant get promoted from the east or west super league !!!!

You can in the SoS,EoS and LL/HL!!!

Here a live one.

25? teams jump through the hoops and one might get the chance to go up per season. You not figured it out yet.

32 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

On another note,hearing this morning that Whitburn will be applying to join the West Juniors!!!

Heard it from a committee member of one of our local rival's.

Its a load of bull m8