Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, jc1 said:
7 minutes ago, kenny131 said:
Do those said boys ask for the contract to be ripped up when drawn away in the scottish somewhere in the Highlands ?

They signed to be involved in the junior set up not amatuers or seniors so contract becomes messy

No its not they are signed to play football

1 minute ago, jc1 said:

Pmsl so you believe this you sign with the club nonsense? Say a junior club goes to pot and drops to amatuers does the contract still stand? The answer is no! And I've been involved in the juniors 22 years on and off and when it comes to contracts I know a fair bit I've signed and got out more than most emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You sign with a club, the SFA Registration form makes absolutely no mention of what league you play in, it's immaterial.

How many Junior clubs have dropped to Amatuer?

You sign with a club, the SFA Registration form makes absolutely no mention of what league you play in, it's immaterial.
As I said time will tell. Do you honestly believe the sfa haven't been asked this question recently?

1 minute ago, jc1 said:
4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

As I said time will tell. Do you honestly believe the sfa haven't been asked this question recently?

Do you honestly believe that the clubs jumping have not asked the question regarding contracts to the SFA?

22 minutes ago, jc1 said:
25 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:
I imagine a lot of contracts are up shortly anyway, it's nearing the end of the season. How many have multi-year deals anyway? There's always turnover of players. What is certain is that those clubs with a chance of progression to a higher level are going to find it easier to attract ambitious players.

Clubs would like to think that but unfortunately that's not the case. Kelty Bonnyrigg YES they will 100% the others I'm sorry but I know for fact of lots of players not fancying it.

Wait till they see next years super league, suspect that will change overnight

1 minute ago, jc1 said:
4 minutes ago, falkirktv said:
Wait till they see next years super league, suspect that will change overnight

Hearing Arniston and newtongrange

Keeps going like this you could win the super league next year, should have come with us like I said the other week on naughty step

Keeps going like this you could win the super league next year, should have come with us like I said the other week on naughty step
We are a junior club and I'm a junior man always have been. Our catchment area is a weird one for me as we are probably closer to West teams

9 minutes ago, jc1 said:
12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The SFA do not give one jot about a players club moving from Junior to Senior (or vice versa) it makes no difference to them, that I can guarantee you.

If a player is phoning them asking that question, thats the reply they'll get.  You're signed to a club, not to a grade of football.

Guys the contracts stipulate you have signed for a club and are registered with the SFA.  It does not say  you have signed with Tranent at Junior level.  As such contracts are valid even if a club moves.

Yep, its a contract to play football for a football club as an employee, no way would a challenge stand up in court unless there was a significant material change to the nature of that employment, there isn’t in this regard.

2 minutes ago, jc1 said:
5 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

We are a junior club and I'm a junior man always have been. Our catchment area is a weird one for me as we are probably closer to West teams

That ship will sail next year

36 minutes ago, jc1 said:
40 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:
I imagine a lot of contracts are up shortly anyway, it's nearing the end of the season. How many have multi-year deals anyway? There's always turnover of players. What is certain is that those clubs with a chance of progression to a higher level are going to find it easier to attract ambitious players.

Clubs would like to think that but unfortunately that's not the case. Kelty Bonnyrigg YES they will 100% the others I'm sorry but I know for fact of lots of players not fancying it.

What exactly are they not fancying about the EoS league which features all of their closest rivals? The lack of journeys across the Tay Bridge? Not being involved in the Junior Cup? Or do they just really enjoy the lack of a fixture list in the Juniors?

If most of the other West Lothian teams moved to the EoS, would you still stay Junior?

Edited by Ginaro

36 minutes ago, jc1 said:
39 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

correct jc