Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Vollyman said:

That is not the point the fact remains that despite all your scaremongering forecasts that all the big clubs would rush to the EOS only super league clubs have moved this season.You have been wrong before one of your posts predicted that the Lowland League was a busted flush. The decision about the format of the pyramid is yet to be made despite all your speculation.

You're avoiding the question.  Armadale indicated they would like to join the Pyramid, how are you going to achieve this?

The format of the Pyramid is already there in the East, it's not "yet to be made". You join the EoSFL if you want to be part of it, that's fact. Feel free to correct it.

Also fact, all East Lothian clubs have moved, all Edinburgh clubs have moved, half of Midlothian clubs have moved with possibly more to follow. Linlithgow and Newtongrange Star are having meetings and could also move.

No scaremonmgering (can you quote where I said all the big clubs would rush to the EoS??), the facts speak for themselves.

So rather than bad mouth the EoS, are Armadale going to be part of it?

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

I doubt whether the SFA would accept the SJFA having this role, especially when it seems to be run by incompetents who can't even organise a fixture list.

While your criticism of the SJFA is entirely fair and accurate, the SFA are hardly any better. By any metric - number of kids and adults playing the game, number of clubs, number of spectators, revenue - Scotland is in the top 12 or so countries in Europe for football, but we're now accurately ranked in the high 20s. The SFA have presided over decades of failure at every level, and when the most difficult issues have come before them, they have been completely inept. 

48 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Why do we need to further regionalise the LL? Especially when the winners will be playing off for the right to play in a national league.

If Fraserburgh can go to Fort William and Cove can travel to Wick then there shouldn't be a problem with Beith travelling to Spartans or Kelty going to Hurlford.

If one thing really annoys me in the juniors it is this obsession with having to travel.

The current area north of the dividing line covers what, a million people, 1.5 million? It's certainly well under a third of the population. As a pyramid comes together it's reasonable that everything south of the Tay is split at least once. The HL covers a big area because its sparsely populated.

1 hour ago, surely not! said:

On a handful of occasions. Not every single away game.

So you are trying to sign a player next season and he has the choice of 10 local derby matches or 10 trips over the bridge incl 4/5 trips to dundee ! I know which league i would sign up to

19 minutes ago, GordonS said:

While your criticism of the SJFA is entirely fair and accurate, the SFA are hardly any better. By any metric - number of kids and adults playing the game, number of clubs, number of spectators, revenue - Scotland is in the top 12 or so countries in Europe for football, but we're now accurately ranked in the high 20s. The SFA have presided over decades of failure at every level, and when the most difficult issues have come before them, they have been completely inept.

Agreed, but two wrongs don't make a right.  The SFA are the national governing body: the SJFA are affiliated to them, not vice-versa.

51 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Newtongrange to Tweedmouth 1 hr 10 mins to forfar 1 hr 40 mins . 45 mins to Camelon tonight so don' get how they' have more travelling I eosfl

I was talking about the SPFL. I am aware that very few clubs will ever grace the national leagues but it should be the dream for all teams in the pyramid.

Can I just clarify that I personally would like to see an all in pyramid system.  However if clubs are moving to the EOS league I want them to do it because they want to better themselves, whether that is through obtaining their licence, improving facilities or moving up the leagues not just because it will reduce their trips across the Queensferry Crossing.

You're avoiding the question.  Armadale indicated they would like to join the Pyramid, how are you going to achieve this?
The format of the Pyramid is already there in the East, it's not "yet to be made". You join the EoSFL if you want to be part of it, that's fact. Feel free to correct it.
Also fact, all East Lothian clubs have moved, all Edinburgh clubs have moved, half of Midlothian clubs have moved with possibly more to follow. Linlithgow and Newtongrange Star are having meetings and could also move.
No scaremonmgering (can you quote where I said all the big clubs would rush to the EoS??), the facts speak for themselves.
So rather than bad mouth the EoS, are Armadale going to be part of it?

Armadale will make their decision in their own time when the true facts of the negotiations are made available and not be swayed by rumours and speculation on Pie and Bovril I am not bad mouthing the EOS I am just stating the facts that most of the teams who have been accepted have only been involved in the lower leagues of junior football. Armadale said yes to the pyramid on the information supplied
To them by the SJFA which are still under negotiation.

15 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

"EAST REGION SJFA - composition of leagues 2018-19:

Super League

Linlithgow Rose
Dundonald Bluebell
Broxburn Athletic
Penicuik Athletic
Lochee United
Bo’ness United
Broughty Athletic
Sauchie
Newtongrange Star
Carnoustie Panmure
Jeanfield Swifts
Kennoway Star Hearts
Forfar West End
Fauldhouse United
Tayport
Thornton Hibs

North Division

Dundee North End
Luncarty
Dundee Violet
Kinnoull
East Craigie
Scone Thistle
Blairgowrie
Lochee Harp
Arbroath Vics
Coupar Angus
Brechin Vics
Newburgh
Forfar Albion
St Andrews United
Kirriemuir Thistle

South Division

Pumpherston Juniors
Armadale Thistle
Oakley United
West Calder United
Lochgelly Albert
Harthill Royal
Rosyth
Livingston United
Stoneyburn Juniors
Kirkcaldy YM
Arniston Rangers
Bathgate Thistle
Whitburn Juniors
Glenrothes
Lochore Welfare

Four clubs relegated from Super League next season, two promoted from the North and South Leagues"

Downfield are missing. 17 teams in the  Super League ?

Why do we need to further regionalise the LL? Especially when the winners will be playing off for the right to play in a national league.
If Fraserburgh can go to Fort William and Cove can travel to Wick then there shouldn't be a problem with Beith travelling to Spartans or Kelty going to Hurlford.
If one thing really annoys me in the juniors it is this obsession with having to travel.

Sorry. Didnt realise i had posted this. Wasnt quite finished writing it up.

My thinking behind it was more to do with the greater concentration of clubs in the Lowlands compared to the Highlands. Not travelling.

If they had the Highland/Lowland Boundry set at any team above Brechin then north tay junior clubs in the East would not be forced to switch to the north region to join the pyramid.

As for who would play in the national set up, easy. 4 teams (LLW, LLE, HL champions and bottom SPFL 2 team) go into a draw. 2 leg Semi finals and winners play at a neutral venue in a one off game.

It's not really about having to travel, it's about the amount of teams behind that 0.5 playoff spot to the SPFL. At the moment it's 18 HL v (16 LL + 13 EoS + 15 SoS), but in the future if all the clubs join in the pyramid it would be 77 Highland versus 152 Lowland. So either you give the top two LL clubs a playoff spot (like Germany does for their Southwest region) or you split the LL in two to make it fair.
What he said.

6 minutes ago, Robert James said:

From Downfield's twitter feed:

After tonight's EGM we will be playing in the North League Next Season other clubs

Dundee North End
Luncarty
Dundee Violet
Kinnoull
East Cragie
Scone
Blairgowrie
Lochee Harp
Arbroath Vics
Coupar Angus
Brechin Vics
Newburgh
Forfar Albion
St Andrews
Kirrie

1 minute ago, Jute said:

From Downfield's twitter feed:

After tonight's EGM we will be playing in the North League Next Season other clubs

Dundee North End
Luncarty
Dundee Violet
Kinnoull
East Cragie
Scone
Blairgowrie
Lochee Harp
Arbroath Vics
Coupar Angus
Brechin Vics
Newburgh
Forfar Albion
St Andrews
Kirrie

Thank you. That sorts it out.

16 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

I was talking about the SPFL. I am aware that very few clubs will ever grace the national leagues but it should be the dream for all teams in the pyramid.

Can I just clarify that I personally would like to see an all in pyramid system.  However if clubs are moving to the EOS league I want them to do it because they want to better themselves, whether that is through obtaining their licence, improving facilities or moving up the leagues not just because it will reduce their trips across the Queensferry Crossing.

Dont think they joined the e.o.s.to save traveling.but to better their circumstances.

Fixture list helps plan sponsirships.also gives a timetable for pitch maintenance also dicipline is transparent delt with by the s.f.a. the e.o.s.criteria also looks at player and supporters comfort at games.theres many denifites not just the lack of major travel.

14 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Armadale will make their decision in their own time when the true facts of the negotiations are made available and not be swayed by rumours and speculation on Pie and Bovril I am not bad mouthing the EOS I am just stating the facts that most of the teams who have been accepted have only been involved in the lower leagues of junior football. Armadale said yes to the pyramid on the information supplied

I'm not sure what relevance there was in you pointing out that most teams moving are outwith the Superleague unless it was to be disparaging to the EoSFL and those clubs, which it clearly was designed to be.

The facts are that the EoSFL is the tier 6 league in the Pyramid covering the Lothians, that is pretty clear and isn't under negotiation.

18 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Jute has confirmed that Downfield are the 16th club in the North Division, making 3 x 16 clubs.

However there are still only 15 listed clubs in the South Division (see above) ?

11 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Jute has confirmed that Downfield are the 16th club in the North Division, making 3 x 16 clubs.

However there are still only 15 listed clubs in the South Division (see above) ?

There's only 47 teams in the East region once Dunbar and Craigroyston leave hence the 16-16-15 leagues.

25 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

However if clubs are moving to the EOS league I want them to do it because they want to better themselves, whether that is through obtaining their licence, improving facilities or moving up the leagues not just because it will reduce their trips across the Queensferry Crossing.

What if joining the EoS results in fewer trips north, which saves clubs money next season - allowing them to invest that in their facilities and obtain their licence?

23 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

I am just stating the facts that most of the teams who have been accepted have only been involved in the lower leagues of junior football.

Let's state some actual facts - of the 12 confirmed Juniors going to the EoS, most of the teams are currently involved in the top half the East Region. 3 current Superleague clubs, 1 ex-Superleague club, another which would be in a Superleague playoff place this season and 2 more in the top half of the Premier League.

48 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Not sure the point you are trying to make? So what if there are clubs that have applied from the lower leagues?

The last two super league champions have decided to move which tells a story in itself. 

Is it so hard to understand that there are good (LTHV / Leith / Hawick) and poor (Tweedmouth / Ormiston) EOS sides and there are good (East Superleague / top half East Premier) and poor (South division / amateurs) sides moving over? Yes, there will be both "dross" and good sides in the division, but that's the whole point of a transitional season. The "dross" sides drop into EOS Division 1 and the good sides form the EOS Premier (or whatever names the divisions will have from 2019). People who are pointing out that the likes of Bonnyrigg will thump teams like Tweedmouth with double figures might be right, but they are highly unlikely to be in the same division for more than one season. After one season, the better teams play each other and have the chance to move up to the LL, while the poorer sides can just enjoy their football at their level against each other. Exactly the whole point of a pyramid!