Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

10 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

According to the St Andrews United FB, it is the SJFA. Will be interesting to see what comes around for next season, huge restructuring now required in the East.

The ERJFA already have two proposals on the table for next season, 16 club Superleague plus North and South Districts, no Premierleague, plus a proposal with the Premierleague retained but reduce league sizes to 12/13 clubs in each.  The former structure can probably withstand a few more withdrawals better than the latter.

I can’t see how the SJFA can get involved given that the West Region have a new structure which clubs have been playing towards this season. I doubt that will be ripped up due to what is happening in the East, unless the SJFA are trying again to head off anymore resignations this season and next by way of a Superdooperleague, eg "Don't join the new WoSFL, we have something better....."

Edited by Burnie_man

3 hours ago, tombrown said:

Why would it!!!!. Again the west of scotland league will be a pyramid league for all clubs who meet entry criteria based on e.o.s.criteria.those clubs who wish to stay junior will not be effected in any way.as they will be JUNIOR.

If you are arguing against what I have written, I haven't the slightest idea what your point is.

From the EoS subforum:

50 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

16 May 2018

To : All Clubs; Regional Secretaries, Management Committee.

Dear Sir / Madam

Given the conjecture following the recent meeting of the Pyramid Working Group, I thought it would be helpful to clarify the purpose of the meeting and what happens next.

The meeting was convened following a SFA Board Meeting on 21 April, where the Board agreed that the SFA should lead and facilitate a meeting which would allow the Juniors to be integrated into the Pyramid system.  The Group would be led by the SFA President.

Present at the Group meeting were representatives of the SFA, SJFA, EOS and LL with Highland League and SOS joining by conference call.

Discussion took place on how integration would work in terms of Registrations, Discipline and Fixture Lists in particular.  We were unable to resolve all the issues at the meeting however it was agreed that the SFA Board be appraised of the progress at their next meeting in June.  N.B. None of the issues raised appeared insurmountable.

The Chairman decided that a “straw poll” be taken regarding the Junior involvement in the Pyramid which was: 

EOS     – No.  However they did suggest that they had no objection to the West joining at Tier 6
SJFA      - Yes.
SOS    - Yes.
HL    - conditional on the previously discussed concerns, i.e. Registrations, Discipline, Fixture Lists being resolved.
LL    - conditional on the previously discussed concerns, i.e. Registrations, Discipline, Fixture Lists being resolved.

Further discussions took place regarding the Juniors entering a joint East / West combined Superleague in the Pyramid.

The SJFA Secretary advised he would contact the SFA Board requesting a decision at their meeting in June.

Yours faithfully

T.A. Johnston
T.A. Johnston
SECRETARY

8 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Does someone have a copy of the results from the survey that was sent out regarding yes/no to joining the pyramid. Need it to reference a few things.

f201cf3b-d409-4471-a875-e3ef67e072e0.jpg4c1d2766-70b9-4766-ba93-3d936953817f.jpg4bdc9205-96bd-44fe-9d50-b7e556a38a82.jpg

Girvan seem to be missing but they would surely vote yes given they have an SFA Licence.

8 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

So the only fly in the ointment is the EoS.

And the HL/LL as they don't want the SJFA as it's currently run.

EDIT: To add the below attachments.

5 years later and we're exactly where we were when the Lowland League was getting set up.

2013.JPG

2018.JPG

Edited by FairWeatherFan

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

And the HL/LL as they don't want the SJFA as it's currently run.

I'd take the content of TJ's email with a healthy dose of salt, just like his "kosher" one previously.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

I'd take the content of TJ's email with a healthy dose of salt, just like his "kosher" one previously.

I do to an extent. All these communications only come out on the day/eve of a big Junior club having a discussion or announcement of their intentions. It's clearly calculated on his part. Kick the can down the road to the AGM where he knows there will be enough dissenters or discussion raised to retain the status quo for another year.

7 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I do to an extent. All these communications only come out on the day/eve of a big Junior club having a discussion or announcement of their intentions. It's clearly calculated on his part. Kick the can down the road to the AGM where he knows there will be enough dissenters or discussion raised to retain the status quo for another year.

The cows being walked to market can only stop to chew the cud so often...

Newtongrange also considering their options?

From facebook...

" Special General Meeting
Saturday 26th May at 12 noon in the Star Club: Members are requested to attend a Special General Meeting to discuss the Club's future direction for next season and beyond. "

49 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Newtongrange also considering their options?

From facebook...

" Special General Meeting
Saturday 26th May at 12 noon in the Star Club: Members are requested to attend a Special General Meeting to discuss the Club's future direction for next season and beyond. "

Should be a no brainer. They were one of the teams clamouring to lose the premier league for more local games be no shortage of them in eosfl

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Should be a no brainer. They were one of the teams clamouring to lose the premier league for more local games be no shortage of them in eosfl

Question has to be why have they left it so long? The ground would pass licencing as it stands i would think. So even though they are skint they wouldnt need to pay much apart from the fee?

So what would happen if all the east juniors clubs decided to jump now? If Boness, Wee Rose, Penicuik and Nitten and a few others decided to jump now? Would they restrict to 32 teams (2 x16) or would they accept all? A lot of clubs have massive decisions to make and quickly ...

It's only Nitten, Arniston and Penicuik left from Midlothian at the moment?  All East Lothian and Edinburgh clubs already gone.

The East Region could end up being West Lothian and Tayside with a few from Fife.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It's only Nitten, Arniston and Penicuik left from Midlothian at the moment?  All East Lothian and Edinburgh clubs already gone.

The East Region could end up being West Lothian and Tayside with a few from Fife.

I think it would then only be a matter of time before the remaining clubs from the Lothians jump ship. The East Superleague will become very Tayside dominated, with the amount of trips over the Tay Bridge, clubs will eventually go for the EOS which will offer more local games.

Edited by Marten

9 minutes ago, BoomShakalaka said:

Question has to be why have they left it so long? The ground would pass licencing as it stands i would think. So even though they are skint they wouldnt need to pay much apart from the fee?

So what would happen if all the east juniors clubs decided to jump now? If Boness, Wee Rose, Penicuik and Nitten and a few others decided to jump now? Would they restrict to 32 teams (2 x16) or would they accept all? A lot of clubs have massive decisions to make and quickly ...

26 already members, Craigroyston and Dunbar are late applicants, so 28. 

Possible further applicants are Linlithgow and Nitten, meetings dependent.  St.Andrews also having a meeting of some sort.  Penicuik are possible but have only seen it mentioned on here. That would make 32 if all moved.  I can't see anyone else from West Lothian making the move at this late stage, but who knows.

So to answer your point, they might not get anymore than 32 anyway (2 x 16), but I guess they can run upto 2 x 18 and change the League Cup to a straight knockout to accommodate, it has been mentioned.

Edited by Burnie_man

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I thought that Penicuik were going?  and sounds like Nitten may also ....

13 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

So the only fly in the ointment is the EoS.

That depends on what the impasse is with the HL and LL on "Registrations, Discipline, Fixture Lists being resolved" and whether Tom Johnston's assessment that the issues are not insurmountable is a perspective shared by those leagues. The potentially tricky one is fixture lists if it means that the three junior superleague champions need to be determined by late April. I suspect the changes that would be needed to how junior football operates to achieve that would be too drastic for a lot of people and that makes an agreement in time for 2019/20 unlikely, but time will tell. Registrations would presumably mean that reinstatement has to be binned and that should be relatively straightfoward. Not sure what the Discipline angle could be beyond being stricter on how the stereotypical 15 player brawl gets dealt with? Overall, we should have a much clearer picture by next month and waiting that long is not a problem in the north and west, but definitely is in the east. Think the top east superleague clubs would be better off taking the plunge and getting in at tier 6 in the EoS when the opportunity is there, but can understand why Bo'ness United and Dundonald Bluebell would adopt a wait a year and see approach with a deferred application.