Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, Auld duffer said:

Aye Ali ‘Dunbar are staying junior jeez stop posting these lies’ takes great delight telling everyone Dunbar have apllied for EoS 

I’ll have to pop up to watch a game next season, happy they’ve made the switch After seeing who else was moving in the east region, it was a no brainer 

I’ll have to pop up to watch a game next season, happy they’ve made the switch After seeing who else was moving in the east region, it was a no brainer 

Total no brainer and many supporters feared the club would not survive if left behind
Get yourself along to the Sunny Dunny will buy you a beer
Mind if application gets torpedoed it’s humble pie time [emoji4]

6 minutes ago, Auld duffer said:

Total no brainer and many supporters feared the club would not survive if left behind
Get yourself along to the Sunny Dunny will buy you a beer
Mind if application gets torpedoed it’s humble pie time emoji4.png

As long as you no take me to the eagle :lol: a chance of Musselburgh Tranent Haddington and Eyemouth Preston ormiston also, it’s a sound decision 

31 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

Got no reason to make it up

I'm not saying you do. I'm simply telling you from the perspective of one who was there AND spoke that I heard none of that. 

As long as you no take me to the eagle :lol: a chance of Musselburgh Tranent Haddington and Eyemouth Preston ormiston also, it’s a sound decision 

Plenty other decent establishments fingers crossed as it will be egg on face if application fails maybe somebody more in the know could advise if it might????????‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Auld duffer said:

Plenty other decent establishments fingers crossed as it will be egg on face if application fails maybe somebody more in the know could advise if it might

Think the magic number is 32, should be fine, hope so 

Even if it went past 32, I seriously doubt that they would turn any south of the Tay east region junior club away at this point. If they don't want to accept having the east superleague as a fellow tier 6 they pretty much have to take any credible club that applies.

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Even if it went past 32, I seriously doubt that they would turn any south of the Tay east region junior club away at this point. If they don't want to accept having the east superleague as a fellow tier 6 they pretty much have to take any credible club that applies.

We're getting to the point where there wont be too many more moves IMO, we're getting down to the "hard core" Junior guys.

Possibles are Bo'ness, Linlithgow, Penicuik? and maybe Dundonald bringing forward their deferred application, add in Craigroyston and Dunbar that gives you 32.

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

We're getting to the point where there wont be too many more moves IMO, we're getting down to the "hard core" Junior guys.

Possibles are Bo'ness, Linlithgow, Penicuik? and maybe Dundonald bringing forward their deferred application, add in Craigroyston and Dunbar that gives you 32.

Just makes me think of the Mad Max films, Mad Max 2 especially.

I don't know why you keep referencing Linlithgow.

There is absolutely no movement to even discuss a move that I'm aware off.

4 hours ago, lithgierose said:

More to follow.meeting for rose members imminent.watch this space.

1 minute ago, Auld Heid said:

I don't know why you keep referencing Linlithgow.

There is absolutely no movement to even discuss a move that I'm aware off.

See above.

3 hours ago, Gimme said:
4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:
The East Region and the EoS should get together and sort this out. As the SJFA as an organisation seem content to drag this out to their EGM/AGM, when nothing will probably happen except to kick the can further down the road.
EoS.JPG.48a86ff4ce88d3f04764170aae834777.JPG

Looks like Whitburn could be in next years Superleague at this rate, or will they turn down the promotion!

There are some linlithgow committee who believe a super league.with whitburn and bathgate will be the saviours of the east region super league.

1 minute ago, lithgierose said:

There are some linlithgow committee who believe a super league.with whitburn and bathgate will be the saviours of the east region super league.

More likely there will be six Tayside clubs plus Tayport, Thornton Hibs, Glenrothes etc. than Whitburn or Bathgate. 

Well facts speak for themselves. How many Junior clubs have been prosecuted for not paying NMW or dodgy expenses? None? The resources arent there to investigate.

Of course clubs leave themselves open to problems but the chances of them ever being investigated are slim to none so they continue.

Oh thank you thank you now that you have highlighted this the revenue can use their limited resources to investigate your club

12 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Concerned that Blackburn could wind up in tier 7 in 2019/20 if more move? Think Bo'ness is a potential tipping point and a lot could still happen over the next couple of weeks. If and it's still very much an if they move because the collective junior entry scenario that should have happened is now viewed as a non-starter due to the approach of the SFA in allowing the senior nonleagues to call the tune, Lithgae almost inevitably won't be far behind given the importance of the derby to both clubs and at that point there really isn't much left that whets the appetite in superleague terms for the remaining stronger Fife and Lothians clubs (plus Sauchie) to make all the extra long distance trips to Tayside that will inevitably be involved worthwhile.

Edited by LongTimeLurker