Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

If you look at clubs that are licensed, have a glance at non league Scotland.  Burntisland Shipyard for example are licensed, they have no stand, they have no floodlights.  It's a fallacy that it costs thousands of pounds to get a license, utter nonsense.

It is perfectly achievable aim for clubs and the drivel that has came from the SJFA over the years reeked of protectionism.  

See the not taking licence applications I heard it was because a member club complained that people were joining a pyramid that they did not know what it looked like... wonder which member club made the complaint!

38 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

Would have a cheek,  given your chair was calling clubs telling them it was a back water and a licence would cost 100k. In fact I’d say at the last sjfa meeting they lead the project fear and the lies about what had been offered by the sfa. 

Our chair wasn't at the meeting in Inverkeithing. Our past president was there at the behest of the SJFA and as our ER mgt cttee delegate. You'll need to be more specific about clubs receiving phone calls. He did talk about the stuff people maybe don't see that goes into licence applications. There were a range of views expressed at that meeting 2 months ago - including from Linlithgow. The world has pretty much moved on since then. 

5 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

See the not taking licence applications I heard it was because a member club complained that people were joining a pyramid that they did not know what it looked like... wonder which member club made the complaint!

I think the key word here are "I heard". Based on your previous posts it's evident what you're implying. That absolutely did not happen. 

Just now, HTG said:

I think the key word here are "I heard". Based on your previous posts it's evident what you're implying. That absolutely did not happen. 

Well the sfa say a member club complained, which one do you think it was. Time you woke up and realised your club are complicit. Bet the members meeting will be good, mind all that stuff we told you about the eos, well guys we lied! 

Well at sjfa meeting he pushed the lie, and the fear!  but in particular he pushed it will cost you six figures, yet we’ve got an agreed capacity with the council in place, at a cost of £0 
See the survey turns out the sfa option  not true !  see the 100k terrace costs not true   The email sent we will all go together guess what....

Mate, I'm pro pyramid and all for Linlithgow moving over (and joining Camelon). Getting a licence is different, fair enough the application only costs 2k but you have to get your house in order first. I don't know where You guys were starting from but sorting out the ground isn't all about an agreed capacity but I'm sure you know this. The minimum number of showers, the treatment areas, the minimum specification of the referees room, the disabled spectators area and toilets etc depending on where you started from this could cost £££.
I'm glad Camelon are starting to sort things out I like our games there - need to get that pitch fixed though!

2 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

Mate, I'm pro pyramid and all for Linlithgow moving over (and joining Camelon). Getting a licence is different, fair enough the application only costs 2k but you have to get your house in order first. I don't know where You guys were starting from but sorting out the ground isn't all about an agreed capacity but I'm sure you know this. The minimum number of showers, the treatment areas, the minimum specification of the referees room, the disabled spectators area and toilets etc depending on where you started from this could cost £££.
I'm glad Camelon are starting to sort things out I like our games there - need to get that pitch fixed though!

All done!  Don’t you think we can read the criteria and speak to sfa? We completed the 150k ref toilet this morning! 

Edited by falkirktv

4 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

Well the sfa say a member club complained, which one do you think it was. Time you woke up and realised your club are complicit. Bet the members meeting will be good, mind all that stuff we told you about the eos, well guys we lied! 

I'm not even going to start guessing which one of 89 member clubs complained - particularly when starting with "I heard" as your premise. All I will say with absolute certainty is that it was not my club. So if you're going to carry on with that line it's you that will need to evidence it. My club are complicit in nothing of the sort. 

My club has not told or said anything about the eos to its members. 

I don't mind having a proper discussion on this but I won't have what one person might have said to someone at some point as carrying any more weight than what I might say if involved in a conversation about the pyramid. 

You can present the entirety of the Rose on the basis you did above. It's not valid though. I would disagree with that perspective and my view is just as valid as any other. 

1 minute ago, HTG said:

I'm not even going to start guessing which one of 89 member clubs complained - particularly when starting with "I heard" as your premise. All I will say with absolute certainty is that it was not my club. So if you're going to carry on with that line it's you that will need to evidence it. My club are complicit in nothing of the sort. 

I don't mind having a proper discussion on this but I won't have what one person might have said to someone at some point as carrying any more weight than what I might say if involved in a conversation about the pyramid. 

You can present the entirety of the Rose on the basis you did above. It's not valid though. I would disagree with that perspective and my view is just as valid as any other. 

So who stood up at the east region meeting and said they’d ask for a block to be in place! —- your club!

Is there definitely going to be a meeting with the club and its members??????

Our chair wasn't at the meeting in Inverkeithing. Our past president was there at the behest of the SJFA and as our ER mgt cttee delegate. You'll need to be more specific about clubs receiving phone calls. He did talk about the stuff people maybe don't see that goes into licence applications. There were a range of views expressed at that meeting 2 months ago - including from Linlithgow. The world has pretty much moved on since then. 

The world hasn't moved on much in Linlithgow. Our members are still ill informed on this matter.

7 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

So who stood up at the east region meeting and said they’d ask for a block to be in place! —- your club!

Sorry - which meeting are you referring to?  The one which Tom Johnstone attended? If so, only one person stood up from Linlithgow and they asked for nothing of the sort. The other person from Linlithgow was only asked to set out some of the challenges that they as a club had faced when going through the licence process. They never said anything about asking for a block to be put in place. 

1 minute ago, HTG said:

Sorry - which meeting are you referring to?  The one which Tom Johnstone attended? If so, only one person stood up from Linlithgow and they asked for nothing of the sort. The other person from Linlithgow was only asked to set out some of the challenges that they as a club had faced when going through the licence process. They never said anything about asking for a block to be put in place. 

Mate the said they would ask for a moratorium to be put in place. And within a week...

12 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

The application costs £2000, this is a one off payment (non-refundable!) - the Scottish Cup entry on a yearly basis from that point forward brings in a lot more than this sum (yearly).

I believe the mistake most make when looking at the licence guidelines they look at the gold standard aspects -  all you require for playing in the LL and  L2 are entry level requirements, most grounds in their current state would meet most of the requirements,

for example:

* Disabled access doesn't have to be more than a garden shed with the front cut off, situated anywhere next to the park (Selkirk have this),

*Minimum showers are 5 showers and Changing room toilets require a sit down toilet and a urinal (Dalbeattie Star did have a urinal in the dressing room, yes in the dressing room) - this doesn't require a massive investment,

*Toilets - Male/Female - again these are not astronomical (yes they will cost some money, but not a lot as most grounds will have toilets anyway) ,

*Treatment areas and referees rooms are a tad trickier, although with some creative use of rooms already contained in club buildings you can designate these areas for match days - like using a cupboard/portacabin on match days for the medical room and having a separate room for female officials where required.

All of these things will cost something to put right, this is where the commitment to the pyramid comes in for me, if you want to be in the pyramid then you will manoeuvre funds from the playing squad to the facilities bit by bit over say a one to five year period (different for different clubs obviously) and work towards the licence. Once you get a licence the yearly entry into the Scottish will provide your club with more cash to spend within your club. Or you could spend over a 6 months period and speculate to accumulate!!

4 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

The application costs £2000, this is a one off payment (non-refundable!) - the Scottish Cup entry on a yearly basis from that point forward brings in a lot more than this sum (yearly).

I believe the mistake most make when looking at the licence guidelines they look at the gold standard aspects -  all you require for playing in the LL and  L2 are entry level requirements, most grounds in their current state would meet most of the requirements,

for example:

* Disabled access doesn't have to be more than a garden shed with the front cut off, situated anywhere next to the park (Selkirk have this),

*Minimum showers are 5 showers and Changing room toilets require a sit down toilet and a urinal (Dalbeattie Star did have a urinal in the dressing room, yes in the dressing room) - this doesn't require a massive investment,

*Toilets - Male/Female - again these are not astronomical (yes they will cost some money, but not a lot as most grounds will have toilets anyway) ,

*Treatment areas and referees rooms are a tad trickier, although with some creative use of rooms already contained in club buildings you can designate these areas for match days - like using a cupboard/portacabin on match days for the medical room and having a separate room for female officials where required.

All of these things will cost something to put right, this is where the commitment to the pyramid comes in for me, if you want to be in the pyramid then you will manoeuvre funds from the playing squad to the facilities bit by bit over say a one to five year period (different for different clubs obviously) and work towards the licence. Once you get a licence the yearly entry into the Scottish will provide your club with more cash to spend within your club. Or you could spend over a 6 months period and speculate to accumulate!!

Wonder who’s over spent 

daes a favour [mention=12982]tamthebam[/mention] next ye see [mention=11835]Ali_Wee_Jag[/mention] give him a slap mun :lol:

Aye Ali_wee_jag ‘Dunbar are staying junior jeez stop posting these lies’ takes great delight telling everyone Dunbar have apllied for EoS ????????‍♂️