Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I've been a supporter of the pyramid for a long time now but once my club had let 31/03 pass and made it clear they weren't for moving because TJ would save the day, my heart fell.

Now it would appear some sense has prevailed.  They may, perhaps, have finally seen through the charlatan's cloak and found nothing there but a desperate, clinging desire for self-preservation.

I hope that Bo'ness fans come out and discuss issues, for and against but I, of course, hope they see that change is needed.  If we are really lucky, an application would be accepted, although we scarcely deserve to be on an even footing with those who have already committed themselves.

7 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

Just as I felt at the game I attended....crowd 55....walked round and counted them...no banter at all....

This season

Irvine Vic V Saltcoats Vics, 48 people, don’t know how many of them where Committee 

Kilbirnie V Auchinleck, less than 120 and 40 them easily Buffs fans 

it’s not all great crowds in the juniors

1 hour ago, Khufu2 said:

I think that's shortsighted.  OK the LL and the EoS as they are presently constituted are pretty poor - with  just half a dozen or so clubs who would survive at the top level of the juniors but there will soon be a mass takeover by the junior clubs. The problem is going to be like the  one the NHS has with bedblocking - it's going to take many years to weed out those occupying the top levels who shouldn't be there. The unstructured rush to join the EoS by a ragbag of East junior teams hasn't helped, of course. It'll just mean a longer wait until the proper order of things is restored.

How has it looks like more top clubs are following. Boness look set and more will follow

48 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

I've been a supporter of the pyramid for a long time now but once my club had let 31/03 pass and made it clear they weren't for moving because TJ would save the day, my heart fell.

Now it would appear some sense has prevailed.  They may, perhaps, have finally seen through the charlatan's cloak and found nothing there but a desperate, clinging desire for self-preservation.

I hope that Bo'ness fans come out and discuss issues, for and against but I, of course, hope they see that change is needed.  If we are really lucky, an application would be accepted, although we scarcely deserve to be on an even footing with those who have already committed themselves.

What are the chances of Bo'ness actually moving? - Tynieness appeared to indicate a month or so ago that they were dead set against the move as playing Linlithgow was far more attractive than progression.

Is it likely to be an evening of "Elgin on a Tuesday night in January", "ra Jooooniooors", "£18 entrance money for me", "pub league", "no fans" etc etc etc or are the top table going to have a coherent and cohesive plan that will sway the intransigent among the members?

7 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Interesting your view on LL games. I've been to a couple, Alloa to see BSC Glasgow??? play recently. Went to see East Kilbride and have seen Cumbernauld Colts. BSC support is obviously a non runner not unlike Clydebank years ago playing midweek at Cappielow. Cumbernauld Colts, don't think there was 50 people there. EK had about 150 there the day i saw them at K-Park. Hard really to say about atmosphere, bit like an ice hockey match outdoors with no crowd.

:) Obsessed. 

9 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Penicuik was a rumour posted here: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/244580-junior-football-what-is-the-future/&page=382&tab=comments#comment-12146829 Only one team below the Tay in the Superleague voted no, and that was Broxburn.

Is there not a representative from Broxburn on the main SJFA committee?

9 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

Your impertinence has no bounderies to assume that I don't understand the make up or Constitution of our Community club......I would be interested in knowing who my cohorts are who gather before  games in the High Street and reminisce about our last Scottish cup games are....but truth be told this is only a small part of the infantile drivel that has become the norm from the poster and his curia....against those who don't swallow the New Dundas line as gospel.....but they are a happy inward looking bunch I am sure living in their bubble...Maybe that was why I was challenged at one of the games to produce my season ticket at the gate..the first time ever....Mistaken identity again.....sad.

You often use the words cohorts - I have no said cohorts but you know who I am talking about ;)

Maybe they asked you for your season ticket to check if you had handed it to someone else - maybe they were confused by the names Bill and Ben-Ji and that caused mistaken identity?

26 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Banter?? That’s a new one, we should get that in as part of the license criteria.

That would be brilliant.

Entry Level - On a stroll around around the ground, some banter should be discernible

Bronze - At least two members of the Supporters Club have an official SFA Banter Qualification

Silver - Banter officially rated as 'decent' by the supporters clubs of at least five other teams

Gold - In addition to the above, a dedicated banter suite with disabled access and male and female PMSL-equipped toilets

20 minutes ago, BoomShakalaka said:

You often use the words cohorts - I have no said cohorts but you know who I am talking about ;)

Maybe they asked you for your season ticket to check if you had handed it to someone else - maybe they were confused by the names Bill and Ben-Ji and that caused mistaken identity?

You need to change your script writer or leave off the free cider and whacky baccy...or is it Irish Mist or Jamiesons.

21 minutes ago, BoomShakalaka said:

Exactly Dalkieth and Easthouses dont own their own ground eitheri think.

No but they have had large amounts of taxpayers money pumped into them that the successful Penicuik team hasn't.

26 minutes ago, BoomShakalaka said:

No I don't and it is another strand of your persistent juvenile drivel on here.. Regarding the Season Ticket production at the gate..my two friends at my back were waved through but insisted on showing theirs.....your Gate person was just a wee bit embarrassed at that action.

21 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you realise that the way you express your opinion has a negative effect on the credibility of the pro junior viewpoint?

Pro Junior viewpoint? What we have is an ever growing band of pyramideers backed by various posters who support senior teams systematically denigrating Junior football. If you are pro Junior get in here and fight the corner, you might not like my abrupt strategy but at least I'm trying! (No pun intended)

6 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Pro Junior viewpoint? What we have is an ever growing band of pyramideers backed by various posters who support senior teams systematically denigrating Junior football. If you are pro Junior get in here and fight the corner, you might not like my abrupt strategy but at least I'm trying! (No pun intended)

Excellent.  

From your pro-Junior viewpoint and fighting that particular corner, rather than chucking insults around can you detail the benefits to clubs of remaining Junior so it can be balanced with the benefits of joining the Pyramid/EoS/WoS/LL, which have been detailed umpteen times on here before.

Let's look at the pros and cons on both sides of the argument, and leave the organ grinder and monkey crap behind.

3 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Again a negative post about people with a different viewpoint.

So go on, tell is the positives of staying junior - promote the upside and see off the people who are "denigrating" the "grade"

My point is, and always has been, I have no gripe with a pyramid. But the systematic abuse of the Juniors by you and the rest of the monkeys is beyond the pale, I know it, you know it and I will continue to harp till folk actually realise what's going on. So every post I make regardless of content gets red dotted by some or all of the monkeys, usually followed by disparaging remarks, like the classy midfielder where the opposition take turns at taking him down. Tell me, if I'm such a goon, why do you react or respond to every post I make?

The whole thing stinks, the Juniors are being frozen out will get no concession and will be labelled by those intent in staying to the fore as dinosaurs. It reeks! 

Virtually no-one on here seems to be denigrating Junior teams per se, more the nebulous concept of “the grade” being somehow ineffably distinct from all other forms of the game, which to most people is quasi-mystical nonsense.

When put on the spot it seems to be impossible for you to put your finger on what makes it so, which would suggest that such a distinction purely exists in your mind.

It IS all just football.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Excellent.  

From your pro-Junior viewpoint and fighting that particular corner, rather than chucking insults around can you detail the benefits to clubs of remaining Junior so it can be balanced with the benefits of joining the Pyramid/EoS/WoS/LL, which have been detailed umpteen times on here before.

Let's look at the pros and cons on both sides of the argument, and leave the organ grinder and monkey crap behind.

Aye, like that's your agenda. Tell me why you green dotted a post slagging off Talbot for commemorating 11 Scottish wins? Snide disparaging behaviour which really exposed where you are coming from.

I posted some time ago that to bring the big gun west Junior clubs into the fold keeping some Junior tradition alive would help, the Junior Cup being an important part and an excellent competition to open out. That suggestion was greeted by one Bankie fan ridiculing Talbot's success in it and referring to it as a diddy cup, the post you green dotted.

Gee me peace, I know your game!