Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

11 minutes ago, superbigal said:

To be fair or indeed unfair perhaps the pyramid will mean a lot of clubs do need to join the amateur grade.

Min wage should also see this happen.

Currently it clearly does not.

A lot of clubs in the West lower reaches are already amateur in all but name. Royal Albert won the 2nd division this season effectively as an Ams team, its daft to think that clubs like them should be paying players.

The pyramid though gives them the opportunity to progress upwards and maybe increase support and income so they can start paying.

16 minutes ago, superbigal said:

To be fair or indeed unfair perhaps the pyramid will mean a lot of clubs do need to join the amateur grade.

Min wage should also see this happen.

Currently it clearly does not.

I think a great many clubs sign players as either Amateurs or non-contract Professionals where expenses only are paid.

Minimum wage and pension requirements would be beyond many clubs.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

The Bught is meant to be an open space for the public despite the shinty pitch being enclosed and everyone knew that Lister Park was temporary. The club spent a lot of time looking at other options in and around Inverness back when they moved from North Kessock and shared the NMP and from then on, there really isn't playing surfaces or spaces in Inverness that would be suitable for level of football, consider the cost.  The space which was Lister Park will just revert back to being another open football pitch for the Amateurs to play in the summer.

It would be shame to lose a level in football in Inverness that bridges the gap between semi pro and the amateur summer football.

You'd have thought they could have shared the brand spanking new 4g pitch the Rugby Club were given while they built the bypass.

50 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Anyone who labels clubs leaving the SJFA - the grade - to join the Pyramid as treacherous and insists it’s all some sort of conspiracy by members of this forum merely illustrates the bunker mentality that exists within the game and which is helping drive clubs away.  It’s existed ever since the Lowland League was first mooted and continues to this day.  It’s crazy that this mentality actually exists, but it does and ultimately emanates from the top of the Junior game.

Most football fans and officials care first and foremost about their own club and what is best for them on and off the pitch, they’ll argue about all sorts of things but generally they won’t slavishly latch themselves to an outdated “grade” of football to be defended at all costs when there are other alternatives available which offer better organisation, access to the Scottish Cup, higher levels of league football and no closed shop mentality.

To call them traitors, conspirators, organ grinders, monkeys or worse says more about those spouting that nonsense than anything else. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

Anyway, back to the debate......

Ah, the organ grinder returns. Just to reiterate, it is not joining the EOSL that is treacherous, or even having an opinion that the way forward is the aberration that we have as a pyramid at the moment. The treachery is that on a Junior Forum we have a collection of folk who were part of the Juniors, some still are technically, who have consistently belittled and in some cases been grossly disparaging to the Junior Grade, whilst purporting to have their interests at heart. You green dotted a post ridiculing Talbot for having commemorative stars just part of the general disparaging tone towards the Junior Cup. Then we hear the kangaroo court proceedings at the PWG, and you have the audacity to  talk about bunker mentality, you just want us to role over. Not me, MON THE JUNIORS!

2 hours ago, Tynieness said:

Let's make this abundantly clear, give it a bloody rest.

18 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Ah, the organ grinder returns.

He doesn't appear to be listening. 

The rest of it is amusingly cultish and underlines my point perfectly  :lol:

1 hour ago, heedthebaa said:

If you think this thread, or for that matter any thread on p+b has any bearing on any outcome concerning Scottish football, you’ve quite simply lost the plot. As for the pyramid being utterly flawed, I don’t think anyone, on here, or elsewhere thinks it’s perfect, but because of clubs haudin oot to the bitter end, to preserve your grade, it’s what we’ve got. You have to at the very least admit the pyramid is happening and this is just the beginning. What area you going to be like this time next year, it’s happening and not before time 

Social media has a massive impact on debate and swaying opinion, surely you know this. It is my contention that although some, including the monkeys and their heidy, would have you believe that the Junior are intransigent, the truth is they were never taken on board and never given any concession, that would appear to be the modus operandi of the so called PWG.

33 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I think a great many clubs sign players as either Amateurs or non-contract Professionals where expenses only are paid.

Minimum wage and pension requirements would be beyond many clubs.

I think you will find that the "expenses" portion is going to be thoroughly investigated by HMRC as well in the not too distant future.

Proper expense claim forms to include Reg Nos,  opening and closing mileage , no expenses for travelling to place of work etc etc.

No more tenners in an envelope.

Just now, santheman said:

I think you will find that the "expenses" portion is going to be thoroughly investigated by HMRC as well in the not too distant future.

Proper expense claim forms to include Reg Nos,  opening and closing mileage , no expenses for travelling to place of work etc etc.

No more tenners in an envelope.

All expenses should be documented and above board, but given the fact that HMRC cannot find the resource to investigate breaches on minimum wage as staffing levels are cut to the bone, I rather suspect expenses fiddling in non-league football is way down their list of priorities when it comes to tax avoidance.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I'm also active on a Dutch forum, where there is a heated discussion about the pyramid over there. Some people are very conservative and afraid of any change. But there is one who hurls insults at everyone disagreeing with him, keeps going on about it when his posts get deleted, calls clubs that want change traitors to the "grade", keeps repeating his point while ignoring any counter arguments and comes with unacceptable comparisons at times. That feels quite familiar to me by now...

Is he called Isabel Gouda?

4 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

And Bonnyriggs is full of youth....very unbecoming to criticise any teams hardworking Officials and Committee because they don't currently conform to your present thinking..Sure they treated yours with due respect when they accepted their hospitality on match day.

Benji Boy you are alive ? Glad to hear it you have been awfy quiet recently. Must be doing lots of nights? Holidays?

Who are you going to watch next season now? Surely no Nitten? Arniston?  Answers on a postcard.

Ps looks like your East Juniors is dead now, no?

12 minutes ago, BoomShakalaka said:

Benji Boy you are alive ? Glad to hear it you have been awfy quiet recently. Must be doing lots of nights? Holidays?

Who are you going to watch next season now? Surely no Nitten? Arniston?  Answers on a postcard.

Ps looks like your East Juniors is dead now, no?

See you haven't lost any of your Hospitality Suite sarcasm.....but that's your level and you and a few others wear it as a badge of honour at New Dundas....so you and your cohorts are still gloating on the end of real Community football for the new Promised Land of Pots of Gold......You and others have made their choice and that is really the end of the matter...some clubs have decided not to follow your lead because that is their choice and.I say again their decision should be respected.....but that is a word alien to your vocabulary as was the disrespect shown to the Linlithgow Officials and Committee in your previous post.....If junior football is played in the Lothians next season then I will certainly be supporting these clubs....but until the last junior game is played at New Dundas I will still be willing the team on at each game......But as I have said before my few pence wont be missed from the clubs coffers next season...that I am sure we agree on at least.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

All expenses should be documented and above board, but given the fact that HMRC cannot find the resource to investigate breaches on minimum wage as staffing levels are cut to the bone, I rather suspect expenses fiddling in non-league football is way down their list of priorities when it comes to tax avoidance.

Tax avoidance is perfectly legal. What you're describing is tax evation, which is criminal. It also seems at odds with the often quoted "community" ethos of some junior clubs.

51 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

See you haven't lost any of your Hospitality Suite sarcasm.....but that's your level and you and a few others wear it as a badge of honour at New Dundas....so you and your cohorts are still gloating on the end of real Community football for the new Promised Land of Pots of Gold......You and others have made their choice and that is really the end of the matter...some clubs have decided not to follow your lead because that is their choice and.I say again their decision should be respected.....but that is a word alien to your vocabulary as was the disrespect shown to the Linlithgow Officials and Committee in your previous post.....If junior football is played in the Lothians next season then I will certainly be supporting these clubs....but until the last junior game is played at New Dundas I will still be willing the team on at each game......But as I have said before my few pence wont be missed from the clubs coffers next season...that I am sure we agree on at least.

Bill, you lost the vote get over it. you are an old dinosaur stuck in the past with previous regimes the time has come to move forward...its a bright future under a well run committee with the clubs future at heart not previous committees with car park scandals.  

Not my lead - I just listened to the evidence and made an informed decision which the majority of season ticket holders/ sponsors voted for. You talk about respecting decisions and I agree but i dont think Linlithgow had a vote? and you appear to be unwilling to accept the Bonnyrigg vote. 

All pennies to all clubs are greatly missed whether EOS or Juniors so even on that we disagree :)