Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

Rome is well and truly ablaze mate, just you keep fiddling a tune fewer and fewer will hang around listening to.

Strange then nobody mentioned it in the West Region heartlands.

Strange then nobody mentioned it in the West Region heartlands.

Strange? Perhaps. Meaningful in any way? Not really. The game is changing so - apologies for mixing metaphors here - stick or twist. It really is a simple choice but, and it’s only my opinion, it’s the most important choice any club at this level will face in a generation and if the choice isn’t to twist then you really will be stuck in an even smaller backwater than ever before.

2 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

Strange? Perhaps. Meaningful in any way? Not really. The game is changing so - apologies for mixing metaphors here - stick or twist. It really is a simple choice but, and it’s only my opinion, it’s the most important choice any club at this level will face in a generation and if the choice isn’t to twist then you really will be stuck in an even smaller backwater than ever before.

Is this super all singing all dancing WoSL going to have 63 teams in it?

Is this super all singing all dancing WoSL going to have 63 teams in it?

Wow. It’s two in the morning and I have absolutely no idea what point you’re attempting to make. It’s possibly just me, but possibly not.

There’s 350 plus pages of discussion and argument here, much of it really well put. It’s falling on wilfully deaf ears - such as your own - in so many places though. Those deaf ears, I think, will belong to those who will, in the future, have the very most to regret.

Keep on keeping on in your own direction though. In the long run it’s unlikely to do you any good at all.

2 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Where did Kelty's money come from?

Wasn't out of 30 people watchng a Junior team.

Conservatories and they've always had plenty more than 30 people there when I've been.

Don't believe everything the bitter wee man from Fife posts ;)

6 hours ago, Hossy87 said:

I'm not saying it's happening, but with the EosL and new WosL being formed then I doubt they'll leave this open.  

Would have to be voted on at AGM - the last time it was proposed (2015? A few years back anyway) the vote did not carry.

35 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Would have to be voted on at AGM - the last time it was proposed (2015? A few years back anyway) the vote did not carry.

Absolutely... but I think the carrot will be taken away if they don't buy in to a WosL

9 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Can't be that much of a concern if they have left.

Nobody is getting rich on a gate against Linlithgow and Bo'ness.

On the other hand we bought new floodlights through participation in the Scottish Cup.

And this season's big Scottish cup bonanza paid for !!!!?????

Kelty's heroics in same competition paid for !!!!????

Not every season is successfull . 3 great junior achievement in big cup for .Talbot, LITHGY and bonnyrigg ..co - Iincidently 3 off our biggest clubs . Our top clubs moving up yes I see that .but the rest will be like scotlands Europa cup embarrassments round the corner .

ALL THE BEST WITH YOUR GAMBLE .

24 minutes ago, Hossy87 said:

Absolutely... but I think the carrot will be taken away if they don't buy in to a WosL

Yes the "carrot" could be withdrawn from the SJFA West Region Super League champions & Junior Cup Winners, if a senior WoS pyramid feeder league is formed, and some/most top division junior clubs don't join it. This may also happen in the East Region, for clubs not joining the EoS feeder league. However this won't happen before 2019/20 or later, because:

* it can't happen in the North Region until the pyramid is opened up with a feeder league to the HFL for junior and NCL clubs 

* the Tayside / Perthshire situation needs to be resolved (realigned/amalgamated ?)

* the position of the SoSFL, within the West/pyramid, needs to be resolved 

* the establishment of a WoS feeder league needs to be completed, with the clubs that wish to become participants in it, joining the SFA, and committing to the pyramid

* the existing SFA membership of Girvan, Linlithgow, Banks O'Dee, Glasgow Uni, and Golspie needs to be reviewed, if these clubs don't commit to the pyramid, or in the case of BoD & Golspie, can't commit, if there isn't a pyramid feeder league in the North.

The PWG will have a busy 12 months, or longer IMO.

7 hours ago, Hossy87 said:

Talk to other people then 

It might be worth "wavering" junior clubs, talking to the 'Former Four' junior member clubs who left and joined the seniors (Inverurie, Turriff, Formartine & Strathspey),  to get an insight as to how it has been for them as a senior club.

10 hours ago, Sheep77 said:

What’s the benefits for junior clubs to go ? 

Am struggling to see the benefits camelon   

HOB  and other junior teams have got to offer  

Sheep - you'd be better asking what the benefits are of Bo'ness staying. 

Remember the juniors are supposed to be negotiating to enter the pyramid the season after next anyway. 

It is going to be very difficult to deliver that in the east.  If you are worried about the cost to your team of going now, how much more will it cost of you end up in tier 8? How much more will it cost to stay where you are and not go at all - perhaps whilst others move over anyway? How does not going at all impact the contribution of Bo'ness Utd to the new set up at NP when they can't get their licence? 

The option is to try and get into a WoS league. Will that be feasible? You'd be passing a team like Camelon or Dunipace from further west as they travel east. There may be some rationalisation but there are already 64 teams through there. 

For me the question has shifted from what's the cost of going to what's the cost of staying. Obviously for me that question shifted ages ago as I'm a passionate advocate of the pyramid for all its imperfections. The best way to influence is from within. And I understand the value supporters of junior football place on its structure and history. But I don't want my club stranded for either of these things. 

What  happens if the trickle of clubs leaving to join the pyramid dries up and no more follow,compare the teams lining up in EOS set up to the new league divisions in the west juniors theirs no comparison,the quality of player and product on show will still be much better in the west.Could it be that the teams exiting havn't achieved much success in recent years,and need the  SFA cash to continue to operate. i would now like the east region juniors to join with west to create all in league,maybe in a couple of years.The new motorway network in central Scotland makes travel a good bit easier.Maybe after rattling about EOS league for a few years the trickle will flood back.Preparing for a red dot blizzard from the pyramididdies.

It happens.

In your opinion.

No

It was the Ayrshire clubs who poo pooed it when previously suggested

Motorways have been in Scotland for around 60 years

Doubt it

Why are the Talbot fans so utterly anti-pyramid?