Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

25 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

I would be very surprised if Dunbar do not submit a late application given the fact that the majority of the teams geographically surrounding them are moving to the EOS.

As things stand it would leave them without an East Lothian derby game and their only possible "local"  opposition to be Penicuik, Arniston and Newtongrange.

Plus they would still have numerous trips to Perth and Tayside so I would expect a late application in the post.

Agree that Dunbar should submit an application. However they could still stay in the Juniors and avoid trips to Tayside if they finished in 4th place (excluding the 3 teams leaving) and moved to the South division when the reshuffle happens. Better to take matters into their own hands though.

From what I'm hearing, the PWG didnt go very well for TJ.
No tier 6 across the board, it was never promised by anyone at SFA or PWG. If Junior clubs want it in the East then join the EoS.
All agreed gap in the West, SFA will help establish a WoSFL.
SJFA so far apart from the rest that there were no discussion as to when the PWG will next meet.
If this an accurate summary, and I have no reason to doubt the source, then the SJFA continue as is and if clubs want to join the Pyramid you join the EoS or a new WoS.  Looks like an exerice in job preservation.

It's been suggested many times the LL/EoS in particular are willing to assist the creation of a WoS league, SoS seem happy for it to be created as well. With these associations presenting a united front and holding a far stronger position in terms of SFA members within their ranks and already being established in the pyramid the SJFA have little hope of presenting an alternative and it being accepted, particularly when their suggestions so far seem far fetched at best.

23 minutes ago, HTG said:

No hassle for the west teams here. They've got a year to make their minds up as things stand. 

The east teams don't. They've got about 2 weeks or they're fucked. 

That's a bit heavy, HTG.

No hassle for the west teams here. They've got a year to make their minds up as things stand. 
The east teams don't. They've got about 2 weeks or they're fucked. 

Agree that Dunbar should submit an application. However they could still stay in the Juniors and avoid trips to Tayside if they finished in 4th place (excluding the 3 teams leaving) and moved to the South division when the reshuffle happens. Better to take matters into their own hands though.

So much for the in Tom Johnstone we trust brigade.

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Really , tell that to Stenhousemuir, Kelty teams that have been promoted today that are in the pyramid

At this rate is should take about 20 years for all the 5 top teams in LL to get promotion.

Cowdenbeath shutting the gates to the pyramid........again.

It's not great, automatic relegation should come in soon. In terms of the slow rate of progress that might be 5 years but whilst too long that's f**k all in the 160 years of Scottish football. It took the strong success of the central league for the sfl to bring in automatic promotion for division 2 in the 20s.

It's not great, automatic relegation should come in soon. In terms of the slow rate of progress that might be 5 years but whilst too long that's f**k all in the 160 years of Scottish football. It took the strong success of the central league for the sfl to bring in automatic promotion for division 2 in the 20s.

Yeh, automatic relegation is a certainty, think when the wosl is implemented then it’ll happen.
Incidentally would be good to see Oban Saints and Fort William apply for the WOSL.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.......

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yeh, automatic relegation is a certainty, think when the wosl is implemented then it’ll happen.
Incidentally would be good to see Oban Saints and Fort William apply for the WOSL.

Automatic relegation, West of Scotland league, Oban.........love it.

19 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

That's a bit heavy, HTG.

It's no really bud. We've already lost the last 2 winners of our league. We've lost a heap of Fife and Lothians teams. More are certain to go now in my view. 

My club has 2 weeks tops before passing a decision point of being tier 6 or tier 8.

Unless the sjfa wish to set out an alternative view of the PWG meeting. And if they do, they better get a move on. 

I don't see how either Linlithgow or Bo'ness can take that risk just to remain loyal to the SJFA.  If the SJFA can't deliver the east solution then we are fucked.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hey its the west coast and much preferable than a trip to Talbot.

Oban in 16 team league with 15 bus hires to the Glasgow area and Ayrshire. Let's call it £500 a pop for a team bus. £7500 before they kick a ball?

If the PWG discussions at the end of the week were, in any way, similar to what is being suggested - and the reasoned and intelligent rationale of many on here who predicted just such an outcome seemed compellingly obvious to me - then if I were a supporter of ANY team in the East with even a modicum of ambition to move but who haven’t already committed to doing so then I’d be worried.

If I were a committee man or member of any such team then I’d be worried too but I’d be looking to have my club contact the games authorities ASAP for confirmation and then, if confirmation comes, I’d be arguing in as strong a nature as possible that my club gets in gear and does whatever is required to get a late application to the EoSFL in.

It seems abundantly clear to me that through a lack of clear foresight Linlithgow and Bo’ness, the biggest amongst many others, are going to be left standing when Scottish football takes its next step forward this close season.

4 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Oban in 16 team league with 15 bus hires to the Glasgow area and Ayrshire. Let's call it £500 a pop for a team bus. £7500 before they kick a ball?

The amateurs seemingly manage OK - but think Campbeltown, once one of the biggest sides in the country, are finding it harder these days, plus getting men making the away trips.

Oban Saints were mooted last year, but no progress was made about a west league.

Yeh, they play in the central belt quite a lot anyway. Im not saying they are a definite, just I personally can’t see why it should be limited to just the junior area west region etc, gotta be an inclusive pyramid.
Think its looking pretty positive for a wosl in 2019/2020 as the sfa are going to consider it apparently.