Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

No! the point is I'm saying its a feck up! What my club voted for has nothing to do with me. If they voted for me to put my balls in a vice would I do it? Your a bitter wee Bankie supporter who's hatred of Auchinleck  Talbot is paramount in your sad little life.

I don’t hate Talbot I just find them hilarious,especially their thicko fans :lol:

1 hour ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Exactly I'm doing you a favour here. Now lets get back to the monkey business its what we're here for :whistle

Someone must have leaked it that I am a Member of the Mad Monkey Association (MoMMA). Best not tell anyone else though.

4 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

I don’t hate Talbot I just find them hilarious,especially their thicko fans :lol:

just a pity we are not as hilarious  as talbot  and if you actually go to any bankies games you will know we have more than our fair share of thicko fans

On 08/05/2018 at 22:43, CJ Dalk said:

Nobody at Dalkeith is too offended by this, but we are determined to improve the club beyond your 'not very good' description.

What you probably don't realise is that over the last 5-6 years our Community Club has steadily grown to 400+ playing members including around 50 girls in addition to 40 qualified coaches. We have a disabled football section, over 50s walking football, our over 35s won their league 2 years in a row, our Sunday Ams got to the Scottish Cup semi-final the season before last,  we have 2 adult Futsal teams and will have an Under 20s development side next season, and plans are in place for a Women's team. We are one of only two East Region Junior clubs to have an SFA accredited club Chaplain. 

Last year our own training facility was upgraded to 3G astro and by the end of the year we'll have access to a full size 3G training pitch.  Our SFA Club Licensing application is being processed now so we have been making improvements to the ground and are developing things accordingly.

Dalkeith is the 'county town', and Midlothian is the fastest growing Local Authority in Scotland with 4000 new houses to be built within 3 miles of the town centre over the next 10 years.  A new train station was opened  at Eskbank in 2015, and the main visitor attraction at Dalkeith Country Park has benefited from considerable investment by Buccleuch Estates.

The town is definitely on the up and it deserves a strong football club for the locals to follow.  You can only wait and see if Dalkeith Thistle's potential is realised, or if it is still 'mediocre' in 5 years time.

Absolutely spot on

10 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

I go to every Bankies game,always have.

Thats why I find the superior attitude of Tinpot fans hilarious.

i go to all the bankies games as well and have been to every game we have played against talbot  and have always found their fans very friendly .as for them being superior i think they have plenty to be superior about if we had won half as much as them in recent years a lot of our fans would be insufferable

4 minutes ago, hague said:

i go to all the bankies games as well and have been to every game we have played against talbot  and have always found their fans very friendly .as for them being superior i think they have plenty to be superior about if we had won half as much as them in recent years a lot of our fans would be insufferable

86% of our support don’t even want to be in the Juniors!

32 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

86% of our support don’t even want to be in the Juniors!

Has the redevelopment work on Holm Park started yet ? If not, has a start date been agreed ?

Edited by Robert James

From what I'm hearing, the PWG didnt go very well for TJ.

No tier 6 across the board, it was never promised by anyone at SFA or PWG. If Junior clubs want it in the East then join the EoS.

All agreed gap in the West, SFA will help establish a WoSFL.

SJFA so far apart from the rest that there were no discussion as to when the PWG will next meet.

If this an accurate summary, and I have no reason to doubt the source, then the SJFA continue as is and if clubs want to join the Pyramid you join the EoS or a new WoS.  Looks like an exerice in job preservation.

No tier 6 across the board, it was never promised by anyone at SFA or PWG. If Junior clubs want it in the East then join the EoS.
SJFA so far apart from the rest that there were no discussion as to when the PWG will next meet.
If this an accurate summary, and I have no reason to doubt the source, then the SJFA continue as is and if clubs want to join the Pyramid you join the EoS or a new WoS.  Looks like an exerice in job preservation.

Its the logical step, theres no need to force all the clubs into the pyramid if they dont want it or dont feel ready, let those clubs who want to leave and those who want to remain junior can keep the flag flying for the grade! Everyone wins.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its the logical step, theres no need to force all the clubs into the pyramid if they dont want it or dont feel ready, let those clubs who want to leave and those who want to remain junior can keep the flag flying for the grade! Everyone wins.

I get the impression that was the attitude of the SFA, along with the realisation they need to offer up a WoSFL to ensure a realistic route into the Pyramid for West Region clubs.

It means the SJFA will probably suffer a slow death, but hey ho.

What all this "Tier 6 minimum" bollocks was about from TJ who knows, all based on off the cuff comments from Regan no doubt.

27 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

In summary, there is no deal, there never has been, and by the sounds of it there's not even another date set for the next PWG meeting. 

Nobody knew about the tier 5 or tier 6 proposal for the juniors, it's not happening.

The 'grade' will continue to exist for junior football in its own bubble, and if clubs want to to become full members, join the pyramid and get a Club  Licence they need to leave.

WoS league looking more likely now.

EoS league is the only show in town for east region clubs and that will not change.

Edited by Che Dail

1 minute ago, superbigal said:

Might be a couple of late applications now

Well as I said if this is an accurate summary of events, and if you're a club in the East who wanted to join the Pyramid but were happy to wait and let the SJFA cut a deal, then you must surely want to consider a late application.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Well as I said if this is an accurate summary of events, and if you're a club in the East who wanted to join the Pyramid but were happy to wait and let the SJFA cut a deal, then you must surely want to consider a late application.

The deal they want is for junior clubs to have access to the Scottish Cup and club licensing.

In return, nothing.

4 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

The deal they want is for junior clubs to have access to the Scottish Cup and club licensing.

In return, nothing.

They didn't get that and never will.  Didn't they therefore ignore the response to the survey?

21 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

In return, nothing.

Spot on.thats been the objective from the start.by the way the s.f.a.dont start league's.