Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Don’t talk utter rubbish.
ive seen Clydebank beat Rangers,Celtic,Aberdeen,Hibs,Hearts the lot and been to see us in a Scottish Cup semi final against Celtic at Hampden.
Why would I be jealous of a tinpot junior club who don’t want to even try to better themselves? It’s laughable.

That’s a laugh coming from a club who have no ground, where’s the nomads playing this year! Maybe should team up with East Stirling maybe be known as ES/Clydebank

1 hour ago, .Stuart. said:

Not the same club.

21 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

That’s a laugh coming from a club who have no ground, where’s the nomads playing this year! Maybe should team up with East Stirling maybe be known as ES/Clydebank

Same club same name same badge.League membership transferred to Airdrie .

The Nomads play in Clydebank funnily enough.Just about to have a newly refurbished ground to play in thanks.

You really must try harder.

Edited by Kilbowie Benches

Same club same name same badge.League membership transferred to Airdrie .
The Nomads play in Clydebank funnily enough.Just about to have a newly refurbished ground to play in thanks.
You really must try harder.

Sorry I thought Holm Park was Yoker’s ground.

6 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Sorry I thought Holm Park was Yoker’s ground.

Holm Park is in Clydebank. Yoker is the part of Glasgow just over the council boundary. As far as I know, Yoker own the ground, but the council, Yoker and Clydebank seem to be investing a large amount of money to create a new community facility with artificial pitch. Yoker and Clydebank would share this. I presume Yoker would still own it, but the council would run it and Clydebank have a long-term lease or something.

Yoker do not own it the council do clydebank and yoker will share a new lease shortly so it will be home to both of them so all the nomad comments will no longer be relevant. And airdrie transferred the name clydebank the badge and history to the Bankies supporters so that the club could continue in some form you really need to get your facts right before spouting the different club mantra. I firmly believe that clydebank will be back in the spfl within 5 years

1 hour ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

West Dunbartonshire Council own it.

57 minutes ago, Nikos K said:

Yoker do not own it the council do clydebank and yoker will share a new lease shortly so it will be home to both of them so all the nomad comments will no longer be relevant. And airdrie transferred the name clydebank the badge and history to the Bankies supporters so that the club could continue in some form you really need to get your facts right before spouting the different club mantra. I firmly believe that clydebank will be back in the spfl within 5 years

Thanks - I did wonder what the council were getting out of it! Makes sense, particularly if both clubs have security of a long-term lease.

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Why have the mods deleted posts? Isa shouldn’t be allowed to move on like that never happened after that outburst. If he’s not been emptied then thats unfair censorship.

Well if any good came out of Isa's comment, it is that we learned about Godwin's Law.

Another poster referenced it today and I'd never heard of it before. 

6 hours ago, the rambler said:

The Scottish Cup certainly isnt a diddy cup. Its the one that 160 teams in the Juniors would love to win.

Its pretty obvious that Talbot fans wouldnt want to move from the Juniors having won the Cup a record 11 times as that feat will diminish over time if the Juniors are integrated into the Pyramid and the Cup is replaced by another national cup competition. If it was my team I would feel the same.

There's no reason the Junior Cup can't be carried on as an all encompassing tournament for Tier 5 and below in an integrated pyramid though.

Technically the original Clydebank FC are now Airdrie but it depends how pedantic you want to be in considering whether or not its the same club.

Lots of technicalities. But if that argument flies, then Airdrieonians can’t exist, as they died, resurrected under a different name, then went through gender realignment and became their old self again. Don’t even get started on The Rangers.

3 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Holm Park is in Clydebank. Yoker is the part of Glasgow just over the council boundary. As far as I know, Yoker own the ground, but the council, Yoker and Clydebank seem to be investing a large amount of money to create a new community facility with artificial pitch. Yoker and Clydebank would share this. I presume Yoker would still own it, but the council would run it and Clydebank have a long-term lease or something.

What money have Yoker?

They'd 23 supporters at home last Saturday.

I stood and counted them.

1 hour ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Good idea. Maybe they’d let that time straight into the SPFL?

In the old days they would have. Now of course SPFL entry is via a play off which is fair for all participating pyramid clubs, if they become LL/HFL champions.