Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I shouldnt have to point out that I was joking there...
It’d be on p&b before the meeting finished.

Aye, I knew you were "at it"! :thumsup2

53 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

ANOTHER late application from CAVALIER inn ammies from armadale just need facilities and team and they reckon they will no in the BIG SCOTTISH cup final in five years " PROGRESIVE CLUB" 

FUNNILY ENOUGH I RECKON THEY'LL NO IN THE SCOTTISH CUP FINAL IN FIVE YEARS EITHER

Step away from the keyboard, count to 10 and repost that calmly so it says what you actually want it to say rather than what it currently says.

59 minutes ago, HTG said:

I'm not fussed where you've heard it before. It's an absolute truth that removing the two teams who have dominated top place in the league over the last 4 seasons means that it's a much poorer league. And whoever wins it will just need to accept that it's a completely hollow victory. 

Bonnyrigg have won the East Superleague the most times (level with a couple of other teams on three titles), and are likely to move out on their own with 4 titles come the seasons end. Throw in that they also have the most 2nd place finishes in the Superleague, have won more games than any other Superleague team in the last 16 seasons and have scored more goals in the superleague era than any other team and combined with 2 time Superleague winners Kelty moving on already then it is a blow to the competition BUT you can only beat what is in front of you and next season whilst the quality at the bottom of the Superleague will be poorer and that more and more of the top players will continue to gravitate to wards the LL but still the top of the table could be very interesting.

Edited by drs

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Ravens leaving the junior tower!

Have they joined the EoS as well? Mon the Ravens!

6 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

For comparison, I went to Kirrie v Haddington yesterday...one of the two East Region grounds I hadn't previously visited - maybe 40 paying customers?

It's only really the university sides that have virtually no following in the EoS - otherwise it's not all that different.

I actually considered Kirrie yesterday now the WW season is finished. Went to Tweedmouth v Eyemouth instead though, at Old Shielfield.  6-2 and pretty entertaining even if the standard is poor with two of the worst sides in the EOS. About 40 there I would say. A bonus is you can wander around Shielfield if the game is boring :lol:

50 minutes ago, kleptomaniac said:

You just keep making things up. What a walloper you are.

What bit is made up ?

According to the club web site they are looking for a new management team, so what then is the reasoning if the club is moving to a new challenge ?

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

I actually considered Kirrie yesterday now the WW season is finished. Went to Tweedmouth v Eyemouth instead though, at Old Shielfield.  6-2 and pretty entertaining even if the standard is poor with two of the worst sides in the EOS. About 40 there I would say. A bonus is you can wander around Shielfield if the game is boring :lol:

I've only been to Tweedmouth once - same day as the Eyemouth game I mentioned which had been brought forward on account of the groundhop and allowed plenty of scope for a double-dunt of new grounds.

The Kirrie game was decent (4-2 Haddington) although I'm not sure how much the attendance was impacted by the local festival commemorating Bon Scott of AC/DC on in the town this weekend  - he was born there - which seemed to have taken over the place.

Edited by Hillonearth

10 minutes ago, gogsy said:

The bit where you said "Dalkeiths managerial team have chucked it because they don't want to drop down to EOS football ." Do you have any evidence to show that this is the reason they are leaving?

Wasn't me that said they chucked it, apology accepted 

2 hours ago, daleboy1969 said:

ARMADALE , AGGRESIVE! REALLY .

Don't have a problem with it Mrs hail the gullible.good to hear some truth regarding the reason for the move .on bonnyrigg and kelty I can see why they moved as they have outgrown junior football. But the clubs left have a long way to go to get near these giants off non league football in Scotland. Dalkeiths managerial team have chucked it because they don't want to drop down to EOS football .

ANOTHER late application from CAVALIER inn ammies from armadale just need facilities and team and they reckon they will no in the BIG SCOTTISH cup final in five years " PROGRESIVE CLUB" 

The crayon muncher is back  :lol:

Mibbe the ammy team will dae a better job of it than Armadale :lol:

Edited by Goalie Hamish

14 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

The crayon muncher is back  :lol:

Mibbe the ammy team will dae a better job of it than Armadale :lol:

Aye they might ... if no they kin just move league ...AE 

See there were a total off 170 fans at threave yesterday. NAEBODY SHOUTING ABOUT THAT THIS WEEK .#biggestgameinhistory 

12 minutes ago, surely not! said:

The thing I’ve learned most over the course of this afternoon is that at least one of the boozers in Armadale has a beer garden.......

None of them hav a beer garden,he's probably had too much sun,drink and drugs oot his back in the alternative universe that is the "dale".

P.s popped into the  Whitburn v Bathgate derby game in the East Premier yesterday,competitive game,not a lot of  football being played and a crowd of about 150.

When i was a lad there would hav been at least double that there,heard a few folk saying how shite junior fitba had become.

Most of the people there were all plus 50 too.

4 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

Aye they might ... if no they kin just move league ...AE 

See there were a total off 170 fans at threave yesterday. NAEBODY SHOUTING ABOUT THAT THIS WEEK .#biggestgameinhistory 

Not a bad crowd for Castle Douglas.

You also have to bear in mind that Hurlford finished bottom of the Ayrshire leagues with 0 points a few years running in mid 1990s - they've punched above their weight due to their sponsorship arrangements and there hasn't been a huge boost of interest running alongside that investment.
It should also be borne in mind that Hurlford were promoted to the Premier League before the current main backer was installed, and they did so with the bulk of a squad which had to rely on a last match win to preserve their Super First status against Scottish champions Shotts the year before.

They had been in the Super First for 4 or 5 years before that. They do not bad crowd-wise considering the issues they've had with the pitch and the fact they're only a mile from Kilmarnock.