Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

59 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

How's Cove doing in the playoffs v Mighty Cowdenbeath?

Obviously you're capable of finding the score without Alan helping you out. So what's your point?   Is it that Cove might not win. And if so, are you espousing the old Homer Simpson line "you tried your best and failed.  The lesson is, never try"? 

I get it that people don't fancy the pyramid but all over the world, play offs are taking place and teams trying to move up are either winning or losing. At least they're not just battering their head off a ceiling. 

1 hour ago, daleboy1969 said:

Not one single supporter from craigroyston at armadale yesterdaý ! 

Can I ask how you know that for a fact?

Was the crowd at Armadale that small that you knew everyone who was there?

Was the crows at  Armadale that small that you went round and asked everyone who they supported?

Just wondering as when I've seen Craigroyston it wasn't as if their fans turned up on the venga bus in full kit and scarfs. 

Late application according to a player .

Travel costs given as reason for return .no mention  of fourteen grand,  club licence , playing REAL Madrid . Disabled toilets .blah blah blah .

Just simply cheaper .

That and they would be the only Edinburgh team remaining in the Juniors next season, Pumpherston or Arniston would be the nearest clubs.

Late application according to a player .

Travel costs given as reason for return .no mention  of fourteen grand,  club licence , playing REAL Madrid . Disabled toilets .blah blah blah .

Just simply cheaper .

So what is your problem with this?  Why shouldn't they manage their finances in the way that best suits them. Maybe now that we've got an expanded EoS  league it's just the right thing for this club to do in the same way as going to the Highland League might not be the right thing for Lochee to do. 

Not every team has the same reasons for moving across. But losing Bonnyrigg and Kelty has absolutely fucked the East Superleague. We'd be as well not bothering next season because whoever wins it knows that it's a completely devalued league. 

16 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Where are you hearing these strong rumours about a West of Scotland league at tier 6?

https://www.thedugout.scot/2018/05/04/end-of-the-juniors-scottish-football-set-for-historic-change/

These changes have dealt a profound blow to the SJFA and Scottish junior football as a whole. We now find ourselves in a situation where the junior body is beginning negotiations with the SFA to join a pyramid it had previously rejected, while some of its member clubs look into their options should these talks ultimately fail. Strong rumours have broken over the last week that West sides, in particular, will seek to form a ‘West of Scotland’ league, working alongside the East of Scotland at tier 6, not particularly comforting news for SJFA secretary Tom Johnston as he undertakes his most important assignment yet.

I naturally can't say exactly who has told me, but it's a board member from a West Junior side. Just preliminary talks happening for now, but according to him several sides are putting the feelers out and making plans just in case.

did a head count at hurlford v lok yesterday  lok outnumbered the home fans by about 5 to 1

joke of a home support . no doubt ALL the glory hunters will be at the final  stating a FACT

considering a meaning game for lok  & hurlford still in a relegation battle 

although imo its between Girvan + arthurlie

1 minute ago, nicotina said:

did a head count at hurlford v lok yesterday  lok outnumbered the home fans by about 5 to 1

joke of a home support . no doubt ALL the glory hunters will be at the final  stating a FACT

considering a meaning game for lok  & hurlford still in a relegation battle 

although imo its between Girvan + arthurlie

You also have to bear in mind that Hurlford finished bottom of the Ayrshire leagues with 0 points a few years running in mid 1990s - they've punched above their weight due to their sponsorship arrangements and there hasn't been a huge boost of interest running alongside that investment.

So the rumours so far on late applications are:

Bo'ness United {don't believe this one personally but it keeps getting mentioned by posters like Truthteller and "Hamish the Goalie"}

Dunbar United {according to The Tin Man(?)}

Craigroyston {source one of their players according to daleboy1969}

any more?

They will be returning to eutopia league because they can't afford life in the BIG junior game .I think this is probably the reason for so many mediocre junior clubs moving .they simply can't afford to compete in scotlands premier non league grade .

What was the crowd at Armadale yesterday?

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So the rumours so far on late applications are:

Bo'ness United {don't believe this one personally but it keeps getting mentioned by posters like Truthteller and "Hamish the Goalie"}

Dunbar United {according to The Tin Man(?)}

Craigroyston {source one of their players according to daleboy1969}

any more?

No reason to doubt the Craigroyston info, makes sense for them.

Dunbar are seemingly in a right spot - after a great first season in the premier they could more or less find themselves relegated back to the South League, but with no near neighbours. Yet with their set up and organisation behind the scenes won't be far off meeting licensing criteria. 

They will be returning to eutopia league because they can't afford life in the BIG junior game .I think this is probably the reason for so many mediocre junior clubs moving .they simply can't afford to compete in scotlands premier non league grade .

Perhaps they’ve just read the aggressive pish from your twitter feed and didnt fancy going to Armadale?

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Perhaps they’ve just read the aggressive pish from your twitter feed and didnt fancy going to Armadale?

ARMADALE , AGGRESIVE! REALLY .

Don't have a problem with it Mrs hail the gullible.good to hear some truth regarding the reason for the move .on bonnyrigg and kelty I can see why they moved as they have outgrown junior football. But the clubs left have a long way to go to get near these giants off non league football in Scotland. Dalkeiths managerial team have chucked it because they don't want to drop down to EOS football .

ANOTHER late application from CAVALIER inn ammies from armadale just need facilities and team and they reckon they will no in the BIG SCOTTISH cup final in five years " PROGRESIVE CLUB" 

45 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Where have i heard that before?

I'm not fussed where you've heard it before. It's an absolute truth that removing the two teams who have dominated top place in the league over the last 4 seasons means that it's a much poorer league. And whoever wins it will just need to accept that it's a completely hollow victory. 

Getting through next season is all that matters in the East now and after that f**k knows what the future will hold if TJ doesn't deliver. 

22 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

As far as im aware there are no official discussions so I can’t see it happening. Of course it could just be that the talks are very secret.

Aye, that'll be it. :lol:

2 minutes ago, HTG said:

I'm not fussed where you've heard it before. It's an absolute truth that removing the two teams who have dominated top place in the league over the last 4 seasons means that it's a much poorer league. And whoever wins it will just need to accept that it's a completely hollow victory. 

Getting through next season is all that matters in the East now and after that f**k knows what the future will hold if TJ doesn't deliver. 

So you are against the pyramid then .since clubs that win the super league in future will go into playoffs and subsequently go up through the leagues .with this reckoning there's a hollow victory in winning the premier league as the top teams from the previous season have been promoted .

So my argument that no matter what happens junior club s will be lost to senior football  if they are good enough .DON'T WORRY LITHGY AND BONESS ARE ON THE SLIDE AND WILL BE JUNIOR FOR DECADES TO COME .

7 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

So you are against the pyramid then .since clubs that win the super league in future will go into playoffs and subsequently go up through the leagues .with this reckoning there's a hollow victory in winning the premier league as the top teams from the previous season have been promoted .

So my argument that no matter what happens junior club s will be lost to senior football  if they are good enough .DON'T WORRY LITHGY AND BONESS ARE ON THE SLIDE AND WILL BE JUNIOR FOR DECADES TO COME .

23 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

ARMADALE , AGGRESIVE! REALLY .

Don't have a problem with it Mrs hail the gullible.good to hear some truth regarding the reason for the move .on bonnyrigg and kelty I can see why they moved as they have outgrown junior football. But the clubs left have a long way to go to get near these giants off non league football in Scotland. Dalkeiths managerial team have chucked it because they don't want to drop down to EOS football .

ANOTHER late application from CAVALIER inn ammies from armadale just need facilities and team and they reckon they will no in the BIG SCOTTISH cup final in five years " PROGRESIVE CLUB" 

Again, I'm really struggling to work out what you're frothing about. I shudder to think that you're the social media voice of Armadale as well.

17 minutes ago, HTG said:

likely joining us but you will be at tier 7