Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

22 minutes ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

As far as I'm led to believe Glenafton are the last team to win this current trophy and perhaps it is now an ideal time for change .

Hurlford and Talbot at least will disagree with that assertion!

Bear in mind the Scottish FA Cup  (for clarification) is an option for clubs in Scottish AFA (winter) too via winning the Scottish Amateur Cup.  So either Shortlees or Goldenhill will be in next season.

All of these clubs (SJFA and SAFA) are registered members of the Scottish FA.

There are also a (now increasing) number of clubs within the pyramid who are not holders of a Club Licence and they also can qualify, like the Juniors, by winning a cup (and then a supercup) or their league. All of these clubs are also registered members of the SFA, the only difference to Junior clubs being they play in an affiiliated league as opposed to an affiliated association (just like the Welfare FA, the Youth FA and the Women's FA are). This is something that Bill Leckie, in his latest brain deflation of an article, failed to grasp.

Plenty of clubs within the pyramid that are as committed to it as some of the less keen Juniors!

Edited by cmontheloknow

18 minutes ago, archieb said:

Hurlford and Talbot at least will disagree with that assertion!

I  thought the present cup was being retired due to no spaces left for new names and a new cup will be presented this year, I meant no disrespect to Talbot or Hurlford.

38 minutes ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

I  thought the present cup was being retired due to no spaces left for new names and a new cup will be presented this year, I meant no disrespect to Talbot or Hurlford.

You are correct...new trophy this year....lack of space....into the Hampden Museum for us all to dream of what could of been when we visit.

12 hours ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Mibbe its the boy paid a shitload of cash and an office at Hampden but shows nae leadership. Mibbe his fault.

He's not a leader,  he's a secretary paid to do what the clubs tell him.

1 hour ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

Ok didn't know about that sorry

45 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Can he be voted out? He is not elected.

He is an employee of the SJFA and has the same rights as any other worker so unless  he breaks the conditions of his contract of employment in some way then no.

I have a suggestion.

How about instead of all the self-flaggelation, on Saturdays we have a moratorium against posting in this or the other "why are the Juniors sh*te" thread? We can argue about it all week but come Saturdays we post about the game coming up, go to a game, post about the games we've been to. Remember why we love it.

Who's with me?

[waiting to hear crickets.]

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I have a suggestion.

How about instead of all the self-flaggelation, on Saturdays we have a moratorium against posting in this or the other "why are the Juniors sh*te" thread? We can argue about it all week but come Saturdays we post about the game coming up, go to a game, post about the games we've been to. Remember why we love it.

Who's with me?

It's only thread out of many, and can be easily avoided if you don't want to read it.  Case closed.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It's only thread out of many, and can be easily avoided if you don't want to read it.  Case closed.

I do want to read it. I just don't need Deputy Downer every single day.

15 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I have a suggestion.

Who's with me?

Should be interesting next season on the EoS forum when the penny drops most teams will be stuck there for years to come and the dreams of rich rewards are just that, dreams.

Should be interesting next season on the EoS forum when the penny drops most teams will be stuck there for years to come and the dreams of rich rewards are just that, dreams.

But if they are stuck, they'll stuck ahead of the rest of the East Juniors?

44 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

You guys not joining the proposed West of Scotland league next August glenconner?