Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Never banned him.....just gave him good advice. Would you be happy at someone bad mouthing you ? Someone who has never met or talked to you ? Then welcome him  with open  arms ? 

Calling you a “hater” is hardly badmouthing you in the context of the conversation.

It’s pretty poor that you also post a number of thinly veiled threats to the guy in your earlier posts. You do t have to welcome him with open arms ...just ignore him.

Superbigal was right to say you are touchy today.

2 minutes ago, kleptomaniac said:

Calling you a “hater” is hardly badmouthing you in the context of the conversation.

It’s pretty poor that you also post a number of thinly veiled threats to the guy in your earlier posts. You do t have to welcome him with open arms ...just ignore him.

Superbigal was right to say you are touchy today.

Calling me a "hater" based on not knowing or talking with me is not something I can accept. As for thinly veiled threats I have only given him advice that he should take.

Calling me a "hater" based on not knowing or talking with me is not something I can accept. As for thinly veiled threats I have only given him advice that he should take.

I’m sure you’ve been called worse. Pretty poor stuff from a Club official.

Think the armadale chaps are pointing out facts .the winners of super leagues and junior Scottish cup qualify for Scottish cup participation thru merit .clubs joining leagues knowing ( with the exception of kelty and bonnyrigg) they could never win and there for never be able to compete .join another association , seek sfa entry level membership , sit mid table somewhere looking forward to 1 game per season .all the best and remember where you were a few years ago .the organised mass emigration has shown a clear contempt for sporting integrity turning the east regions season into a farce . I feel for the pumpherston players who have worked superbly thru this season for nothing . ENJOY YOUR FUTURE AWAY FROM JUNIOR FOOTBALL .

Think the armadale chaps are pointing out facts .the winners of super leagues and junior Scottish cup qualify for Scottish cup participation thru merit .clubs joining leagues knowing ( with the exception of kelty and bonnyrigg) they could never win and there for never be able to compete .join another association , seek sfa entry level membership , sit mid table somewhere looking forward to 1 game per season .all the best and remember where you were a few years ago .the organised mass emigration has shown a clear contempt for sporting integrity turning the east regions season into a farce . I feel for the pumpherston players who have worked superbly thru this season for nothing . ENJOY YOUR FUTURE AWAY FROM JUNIOR FOOTBALL .

U ok mate?

The thread has seen some great debate over the last year but it seems to have taken a nasty turn in the last week or two mostly Junior types lashing out here there and everywhere at the realisation things are a changing and are never going to be the same again.  Chill oot and get a grip and keep the personal stuff out of it. Fowk should be able to post opinion without being personally attacked or threatened, its not on  (unless you’re a fud in which case fill yer boots)

Who organised a mass emigration!!!

Not even sure this is the right turn of phrase but none the less I’m pretty sure each club leaving do so for there own reasons and haven’t been coerced by anyone or colluded with each other.

Who are you to say clubs can’t and won’t win leagues and cups?

22 minutes ago, juniorsforme said:

Am I missing something here?  Looks to me you have just defined a 'thinly veiled threat'.

4 hours ago, superbigal said:

Frankly on paper appears to absolutely crazy to have 2 leagues in 1 area in a pyramid, but I suppose a bit more balanced than the juniors being tier 8 & 9 in the East which is the other scenario below the 2 EOS leagues

Is that not what a pyramid is about?  If you mean a Junior division and an EOS division running parallel I'm sure that an East/West split could be enacted soon enough.

28 minutes ago, juniorsforme said:

I support the pyramid and have criticised the SJFA & some clubs/people involved in junior football. Am I also not allowed to go to Thomson Park anymore? Lochee Utd are my closest football team & I actually have a soft spot for them...

Dale boy, an alternative view may be that the junior clubs have worked tirelessly hard to integrate their local community and have been looking towards gaining a licence for a considerable period.

To gain an SFA licence a club must be committed to the pyramid. With a commitment to licensing and the pyramid comes more exposure and the potential to attract better players and potentially more interest from fans. Yes some clubs may not be the greatest on the field right now, but you confuse club with team. Just because a club is successful in a junior league doesn't mean they deserve anything, particularly if they do not commit to the SFA guidelines on licensing, which right now involves a dedication to the pyramid. 

In moving to the eosfl the clubs have committed to the pyramid and their local community. Why does it matter if they wind up right at the top straight away, what's important is their commitment to the future of local, regional and national football, for the imminent yearly future. Not simply blowing all their income on getting some trophies and some money...... 

27 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

The thread has seen some great debate over the last year but it seems to have taken a nasty turn in the last week or two mostly Junior types lashing out here there and everywhere at the realisation things are a changing and are never going to be the same again.  Chill oot and get a grip and keep the personal stuff out of it. Fowk should be able to post opinion without being personally attacked or threatened, its not on  (unless you’re a fud in which case fill yer boots)

Many posts on here and on twitter shows just how deep rooted “grade syndrome” is amongst some clubs and people.  Their grade is more important to them than their own clubs future and if it’s attacked they lash out, including those who hold official positions and who should know better.    It doesn’t go unnoticed, and with each post or tweet or email the case for SJFA inclusion in the Pyramid slowly erodes in the eyes of those who they will be negotiating with, it also erodes the belief that the SJFA are capable of running anything far less league inside the Pyramid.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Many posts on here and on twitter shows just how deep rooted “grade syndrome” is amongst some clubs and people.  Their grade is more important to them than their own clubs future and if it’s attacked they lash out, including those who hold official positions and who should know better.    It doesn’t go unnoticed, and with each post or tweet or email the case for SJFA inclusion in the Pyramid slowly erodes in the eyes of those who they will be negotiating with, it also erodes the belief that the SJFA are capable of running anything far less league inside the Pyramid.

Well said. I’ve loved the juniors, but it’s about football first and foremost, not the ‘grade’

34 minutes ago, kleptomaniac said:

Who organised a mass emigration!!!

Not even sure this is the right turn of phrase but none the less I’m pretty sure each club leaving do so for there own reasons and haven’t been coerced by anyone or colluded with each other.

Who are you to say clubs can’t and won’t win leagues and cups?

1.Easy .answered by all defectors at east region meeting .constant reference to another ex junior club and financial windfalls .

2 . If clubs have not colluded then why have every club issued same statement 

3 I'm sure macbookie don't have easthouses as favourites for any trophies next season .

If the 11 clubs have felt so agrieved with sjfa why have none brought there concerns or ideas to meetings for inclusion . Yes there have been mistakes but by failing to bring your feelings to the fore your clubs are also culpable . The it's ma baw I'm no playing attitude won't get change .