Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

My take is that the SFA are simply not hearing the applications over this summer other than the ones that have already been submitted. 

Until someone officially confirms they are not accepting licence applications from new clubs in the eosfl then I will continue to presume that the status quo will remain for next season. 

The statement issued says nothing about any new clubs or that the licensing process will change going forward. 

Edited by Guest

Mcgregor is a habitual bullshitter.

Remember he was 100% certain that Sauchie, Bathgate and St Andrews were leaving the Juniors. But on the offchance he's right #scenes round here if its Talbot.

Edited by drs

Project Fear works on Dundonald,

Dundonald Bluebell - Club Statement

After careful consideration Dundonald Bluebell have requested to the east of Scotland league (eosl) that there membership application for this league and association be deferred until the start of season 19/20.

The eosl Agm is tonight where it is hoped this request will be accepted.

As a club we are committed to joining the pyramid system and working towards obtaining the standard licensing criteria and see this as the future pathway for Dundonald Bluebell.

Our decision to defer is basically four fold:-

(1) To allow us the time to upgrade our facilities over the next 12 months after receiving advice on what is required to meet the standards.

(2) This time period will also give us the time to establish an under 20 youth team which we feel will be of great benefit to the club going forward.

(3) The decision has also been influenced by the information received from the SFA to suspend current licence applications for all clubs which concerned us in terms of the delay in timeline impacting on our project plan with no guarantee when this current situation will be revoked nor any guarantee that when lifted the status quo would prevail.

(4) Financially it is only beneficial for our club to be licensed at the start of any pyramid inclusion.

Can I please on behalf of all at Dundonald Bluebell football club thank eosl and there committee for the professional advice and assistance we as a club have had which has been exceptionally well received.

The club now look forward to continued participation in the ersjfa Superleague next season while committing to upgrading our facilities and developing the club both on and off the park to ensure if and when possible we can obtain our licensing requirements

Allan Halliday
General Manager
Dundonald Bluebell

From Camelon FB page

Freedom of speech . As a lifelong Camelon Juniors supporter I have looked at all options to joining the east of Scotland league for the club going into this league will be no benefit to Camelon at this moment in time reasons why I say this the truth in the matter is there is a licence embargo put in place for all junior teams which then would not provide the funding as given at a presentation on Tuesday by Camelon Juniors also the ...junior fa have been telling all clubs they will be allowed into teir 6 so why would Camelon be prepared at this moment in time rush into this and give up local derbys with Linlithgow Rose Boness Utd sauchie Juniors ect to travel to extreme places like Eyemouth Tweedmouth Ormiston to name a few which would cost a lot of money to finance surely Camelon need to think about this and get the procedure in place for the Club licence when the time is ready to go

Where is there an embargo on licensing for eosfl clubs outwith the end of this season? There appears to be absolutely nothing changed other than no applications being accepted for one meeting. 

A tad hasty in my opinion..... Clubs will only get licensed by committing to the pyramid, the sjfa have a long way to go before any move takes place. There is no consensus as to what the sjfa are negotiating for and has not been agreed by the sjfa clubs. 

If you want to be part of the pyramid and get licensed why not join and try to progress your club towards gaining a licence. Although, if you don't want a licence and want to remain junior, then remain. Either way clubs will soon have to commit to whatever choice they make and function the the consequences, both positive and negative. 

Edited by Guest

Extremely disappointing if clubs withdraw or defer on the basis of TJ's email or the talk of a licence embargo.  Feels like TJ is trying to sabotage this and I think he is only looking out for his own interests rather than the interests of the clubs. 

I should note that the SFA email hasn't helped either and I struggle to see why there is a need to cause confusion about licence applications.

Edited by stanley

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

From Camelon FB page

Freedom of speech . As a lifelong Camelon Juniors supporter I have looked at all options to joining the east of Scotland league for the club going into this league will be no benefit to Camelon at this moment in time reasons why I say this the truth in the matter is there is a licence embargo put in place for all junior teams which then would not provide the funding as given at a presentation on Tuesday by Camelon Juniors also the ...junior fa have been telling all clubs they will be allowed into teir 6 so why would Camelon be prepared at this moment in time rush into this and give up local derbys with Linlithgow Rose Boness Utd sauchie Juniors ect to travel to extreme places like Eyemouth Tweedmouth Ormiston to name a few which would cost a lot of money to finance surely Camelon need to think about this and get the procedure in place for the Club licence when the time is ready to go

That is a dubious statement in my view.

Gents

For information. Would have liked the response to be more robust however the information I have is that we are heading in the direction that will see us join the Pyramid – subject to an EGM – at a level no worse off than the EOS/SOS

Regards

Tom Johnston
Scottish Junior FA

For me , TJ is making an assumption on the  information that he has. Maybe we should have access to his information.

There is no license embargo. Its a one month deferral to allow the PWG to meet to discuss the junior proposals.

Those proposals I suspect will not gain consensus at that meeting without being significantly changed, given the East Elephant in the room. West and North straightforward for season 2019/20, but its be amazed if any agreement was reached over the East. The SJFA would need to be willing to make concessions to gain consensus, given they are 5 years late to the party (and seem to be treating the EoS and SoS with some degree of contempt). I can't see them being willing to make any such concessions, given the rhetoric thus far?

Either way, none of it should really make a difference to those who have applied for next year anyway, unless I've missed something.