Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

The one does not beget the other. What the SFA does, it can undo. If the SFA wants to keep a lid on the chaos and anarchy brewing in the non-league game  it would be advised to do just that. 

There is no chaos or anarchy.   13 clubs are leaving to join the EoS, that's it.  Remaining clubs have indicated they want to be part of the Pyramid and think TJ will deliver it, that's it.

The last thing the SFA will do is hand the SJFA a reason to continue to remain outside of the Pyramid, ie Licencing.  It's that which would lead to chaos.

If the entire Junior grade was to join the pyramid and the SJFA was no more what would happen to the £500k of cash, or whatever the current value is, held in the SJFA bank account?

Would it transfer to the SFA or would it be paid to its Member Clubs?

Also begs the question why is the balance so high when Member Clubs are struggling to make ends meet?

If the entire Junior grade was to join the pyramid and the SJFA was no more what would happen to the £500k of cash, or whatever the current value is, held in the SJFA bank account?
Also begs the question why is the balance so high when Member Clubs are struggling to make ends meet?

It would go to member clubs

19 minutes ago, the rambler said:

The quick answer is that not all clubs are struggling to the same degree - the grand per club hardship payment made a few years ago during a long spell of bad weather probably saved some clubs from going to the wall, but with others probably didn't pay their wage bill for that week.

Dishing it out on a case by case basis wouldn't work either, as any team could disingenuously claim financial hardship and when they got their cash bring in a few players.

32 minutes ago, the rambler said:

I believe when the SPL and SFL merged David Longmuir got a redundancy package since he was left without a job. Maybe a chunk of it will go to TJ :whistle

3 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

I took the following pics at Newton Stewart in 2009...

Popped back up last summer after they'd got their licence:

The one game I have attended at Blairmount - in 2011 - had 20 people there. Small clubs have obtained their licence.

I was at Newton Stewart for what I think was Linlithgow Rose's first ever Scottish Cup tie, a straightforward 6-0 win. I'm amazed at the development, all of which looks like it improves the experience for fans. Very impressive, and Junior clubs with similar levels of support should be looking on enviously. 

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think this is the part of the licencing that applies. Only mentions obscuring the view.

fence.JPG

Is it me or is most of that just a bit daft?

8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Pretty much. I'd expect that those clubs entering the EoS for next season will be able to apply for Licencing as normal. No reason why they couldn't.

So the SFA Board have no objections to the SJFA joining the Pyramid, but that this will need to go through the Pyramid Working Group to discuss futher and reach some form of agreement with all the other parties. That's where it all gets rather difficult, particularly in the east.

This is all a last ditch attempt to place doubt into the minds of those clubs who are leaving. In fact I have heard that he was saying that he wasnt bothered about the likes of Crossgates leaving but wanted to keep the big clubs. What an attitude.

Whatever your views are, it is important that a WRITTEN response (to the SJFA) is received from the SFA  (Monday ?), for circulation to all the interested parties.  This will  be helpful so that everyone understands the SFA's position, thereby clearing up any 'misinterpretations' which may have arisen.  It also gives the SLL, HFL, and the SoSL a chance to  clarify their position(s) with the SFA, if they need to do so.

Also, I wouldn't underestimate difficulties in the North, given the Highland League's stance to date. The possibility of a nationwide pyramid agreement for 2018/19 sounds very unlikely. Until now, 2020/21 has been mentioned as a 'target' date for the West, and a' possible' date for the North. 

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

That's interesting it looks like you can see from outside the ground. Part of the license is making sure you can't see in from the outside  ? 

The first pic was taken from the top of the embankment and the second by sticking my camera through 1-2 inch gap the entry gate. The screening is all the way around on the fencing. Any closer in the first and you would see less of the pitch  (and thedistance I was at it was around 50% max). 

Edited by cmontheloknow

47 minutes ago, the rambler said:

I couldn't find any reference to what would happen to the SJFA's Net Assets in the event of dissolution in the SJFA Constitution. 

It's a limited company. If it's dissolved voluntarily, any assets will go to the shareholders, who (presumably) will be the member clubs at the date of dissolution.

14 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

It's a limited company. 

Are you sure about that? It says 'The Scottish Junior Football Association Ltd' on their website but there's no company number, and it doesn't seem to be registered with Companies House. 

8 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Are you sure about that? It says 'The Scottish Junior Football Association Ltd' on their website but there's no company number, and it doesn't seem to be registered with Companies House. 

You're right. But surely they wouldn't make a criminal false claim of limited status? That would be stupid. Oh, hang on ...

45 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

The first pic was taken from the top of the embankment and the second by sticking my camera through 1-2 inch gap the entry gate. The screening is all the way around on the fencing. Any closer in the first and you would see less of the pitch  (and thedistance I was at it was around 50% max). 

I was at a game in the old Q-Cup sometime in the 1990s when WW beat them 8-0. Do you reckon this is on the same site?

10 hours ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

The great thing about this is it smacks down the SJFA proposal to move all clubs into the pyramid. What is the benefit to Carnoustie? None. Why should they be moved? No reason. Would they be able to be promoted, even if they won their league? No.

The pyramid should be left to clubs either licensed or on their way to being licensed?

How does it smack down the proposal to move all clubs into the pyramid? Carnoustie voted for pyramid entry. They have no intention to get licensed, which is absolutely fair enough. A club like Carnoustie won't need to worry about that. Within the pyramid they will be unlikely to get above tier 6 anyway, so there is no need for them to get licensed if they don't want to. They can just play their football at their level just like they are doing now. Nothing much would change for them.

It's a bit like saying that as Arbroath have no intention to improve Gayfield Park to UEFA EL/CL standards, they are against being in the same pyramid as clubs who do want to play in Europe and get a UEFA license.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Ah I see that now I looked from my phone, on enlarging the picture it's clear there is screening there. I thought it was a shadow at first :lol:

Edited by newcastle broon

55 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I was at a game in the old Q-Cup sometime in the 1990s when WW beat them 8-0. Do you reckon this is on the same site?

Yeah they've been there for decades. The first pic doesn't exactly show 'brand new' fixtures and fittings! :D