Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

The SFA's RESPONSE to TJ's pyramid letter (which he announced he would be sending  after he met with junior clubs), is essential to verify what he is claiming. Let's see if  he will produce and circulate  it.  Otherwise this is nothing more than (verbal) smoke and mirrors.

So let me get this straight.

You are infering that the Secretary of the SJFA has sent out a deliberately misleading and untrue email to member  clubs?

That's some accusation.

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

"As a club, the East of Scotland League doesn’t give us anything we don’t have other than a season long fixture list, a fixture list that has still been left with clubs playing twice and three times a week and the two title contenders facing each other in head to head fixtures.":unsure2:

Statement that makes that as a key point but conveniently forgets the reason for the amount of games Lothian/tynecastle are playing is due to the problems with their pitch. If it wasn’t for that then there would have been no issues. Kelty/lthv matches were postponed due to lthv in Scottish cup and weather.  Disappointed one of them wasn’t a mid week in the first half of the season but it is what it is. Better than finding out on Saturday night who the next weeks opponent is!

Here's Kelty's original fixture list:

So basically the home game against LTHV was rescheduled because of their Scottish Cup involvement, and the away game in January was no doubt called off due to the weather. Everyone knew the EoS/SoS play-off dates so it's hardly the league or Kelty's fault that LTHV are having to play catch up...

But good to see Carnoustie are rattled enough that they need to make that statement...

Edited by Ginaro

"Edinburgh area", none of that salt and sauce crap round here!

Heard it yesterday along with 6 witnesses from a leading committee man attached to a team who will be leaving to join the EOS.

When asked why the club were leaving his reply was "money"

At least the guy was honest unlike some of the patronising shite you hear from the bullshitters on here.

You can pick nits at the statement but the gist of it is fair for a club that wants to stay Junior, especially as they are one of those clubs affected by the North/South boundary.

Then you see what they've decided to retweet and you can guess what they really think about things:

CP.JPG

4 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

Heard it yesterday along with 6 witnesses from a leading committee man attached to a team who will be leaving to join the EOS.

When asked why the club were leaving his reply was "money"

At least the guy was honest unlike some of the patronising shite you hear from the bullshitters on here.

Yeah, imagine clubs wanting access to more money! The b*****ds!

Imagine wanting extra income to improve facilities! The b*****ds!

Imagine wanting extra income to improve youth teams! The b*****ds!

I took the following pics at Newton Stewart in 2009...

2gtq0qp.jpg

35i7se9.jpg

v3lv5x.jpg

Popped back up last summer after they'd got their licence:

bi2rt5.jpg

2rdenmg.jpg

The one game I have attended at Blairmount - in 2011 - had 20 people there. Small clubs have obtained their licence.

Edited by cmontheloknow

38 minutes ago, gogsy said:

"As a club, the East of Scotland League doesn’t give us anything we don’t have other than a season long fixture list, a fixture list that has still been left with clubs playing twice and three times a week and the two title contenders facing each other in head to head fixtures.":unsure2:

News just in;

@ForfarWestEndJFC

Upcoming fixtures Wednesday - 25/04 - Away - Kennoway Star Saturday 28/04 - Home - Broxburn Athletic Monday 30/04 - Away - Lochee United Wednesday - 02/05 - Away - Carnoustie Panmure Saturday - 05/05 - Away - Camelon Juniors

56 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

A strange statement from Carnoustie

https://www.thegowfers.com/club-statement-on-juniors-future/

I see nothing strange about it.

Were the SFA to shelve its unreasonable requirement that licensing  be dependent on commitment to  joining a pyramid there would be no attraction in joining the EOSFL for the vast majority of East Juniors.

When you look at LTHV's fixture list your realise that a fixture list published at the start of the season is very much a work of fiction.

Last time I was at Carnoustie I got completely soaked no cover at all rather spend their cash on players but they come out with that shite ffs

I'm slightly surprised because I thought Mark was pro pyramid when he represented St Andrews.

The complete lack of clarification regarding the Tayside clubs way forward in any pyramid must surely be more upsetting.