Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Truthteller said:

Touch of class, respect and appreciation from Bonnyrigg in this statement, unlike a number of clubs who are jumping ship and slagging off associations and individuals.

Good luck to Bonnyrigg 

The statement is both informative about your decision,  and impressive in its acknowledgement of your time in the SJFA. Excellent.

"The End" by The Beatles, has stood the test of time, and I am sure your club will do likewise. Very best wishes for the future.

4 hours ago, Born To Run said:

http://www.camelonjuniors.co.uk/chairmans-update/

Interesting thoughts contained in here around other East clubs applying for EoS entry next year...essentially confirms the figures many in this thread have used of 14/15 Junior applications.

The one thing that jumps outs at you is Camelon's average attendance this season, 95.   It's not even as if they're having a poor season yet cant break three figures in the Superleague.

Either something's up at Carmuirs, or people are drifting away from the Junior game.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The one thing that jumps outs at you is Camelon's average attendance this season, 95. 

Either something's up at Carmuirs, or people are drifting away from the Junior game.

Drifting away?

Aye for about the 50 years.

Only difference a pyramid system would make would be if teams are successful in it. Even then you would question the likes of BSC Glasgow ever drawing a crowd at your average league game.

Drifting away?
Only difference a pyramid system would make would be if teams are successful in it. Even then you would question the likes of BSC Glasgow ever drawing a crowd at your average league game.
BSC had about 200 at their home game against East Kilbride a couple weeks ago. Granted Kilby brought a decent support that night and there were no other games on, I'd have said that's a decent gate

On 18/04/2018 at 13:17, Robert James said:

I hope the Committee's decision is ratified by the membership. Your club would be an excellent addition to the pyramid. Good luck.

Yes but is there an agreed date for the 'ballot' of Linlithgow Members ? Could they be considering a late application to the EoS ?

As an aside, St Bernards who were rumoured to be one of the two Amateur clubs applying to the EoS, have now reached the Scottish Amateur Cup Final 2017/18.  Apparently their ground isn't up to standard, which is a shame as it would have been interesting to see how they performed next season. 

6 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:
18 minutes ago, Glenconner said:
Drifting away?

BSC had about 200 at their home game against East Kilbride a couple weeks ago. Granted Kilby brought a decent support that night and there were no other games on, I'd have said that's a decent gate

Tell me about it, i was one of the 200.

ps, i'm not related to any BSC or EK players or management.

20 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Yes but is there an agreed date for the 'ballot' of Linlithgow Members ? Could they be considering a late application to the EoS ?

As an aside, St Bernards who were rumoured to be one of the two Amateur clubs applying to the EoS, have now reached the Scottish Amateur Cup Final 2017/18.  Apparently their ground isn't up to standard, which is a shame as it would have been interesting to see how they performed next season. 

Which cup?  The Scottish Amateur cup is still at the semis stage and St. Bernards are already out.

Ah, just checked.  It's the East of Scotland cup rather than the national amateur cup (the winners of the latter qualify for the senior Scottish cup).

Edited by stanley

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

The statement is both informative about your decision,  and impressive in its acknowledgement of your time in the SJFA. Excellent.

"The End" by The Beatles, has stood the test of time, and I am sure your club will do likewise. Very best wishes for the future.

Thought The Doors done The End

15 minutes ago, nicotina said:

I think they did, as a Doors cover version of The Beatles final track on their last album "Abbey Road" (1969).

15 minutes ago, nicotina said:

- hence the photo of the Beatles zebra crossing' album sleeve on the posts above.

Any of the analysts done a graph on how the William Hills Scottish cup will look round wise with all the new EOS junior clubs coming in automatically next season.?

3 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:
3 hours ago, Glenconner said:
Tell me about it, i was one of the 200.
ps, i'm not related to any BSC or EK players or management.

To be fair, given it was a Friday night there did seem to be a fair amount of neutrals. Myself included

And oh btw, there was no more than a 100 people there.

Unless your counting the players ref etc.