Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

21 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

This is a complete guess, but I'd wager two sections based on finishing positions this season ie seeded.  Then the top 7 or 8 in each section form the top division for 2019/20.

That'll be handy because it'll mean the EoS, East Region and West Region will have sorted out their top flights in time for the start of the all-in pyramid in 19/20. :)

25 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

This is a complete guess, but I'd wager two sections based on finishing positions this season ie seeded.  Then the top 7 or 8 in each section form the top division for 2019/20.

Given so many junior teams going on how do you judge finishing positions? Are they equal leagues or first and second divisions? And if they are equal leagues as you seem to suggest, and then  a tier one and two the season after - will clubs agree to that?

19 minutes ago, PatP said:

Given so many junior teams going on how do you judge finishing positions? Are they equal leagues or first and second divisions? And if they are equal leagues as you seem to suggest, and then  a tier one and two the season after - will clubs agree to that?

Well I guess you'd rank them in finishing position of both EoS and ERJFA, as things currently stand this is an example of how that would look;

image.png.d11b87684db3c9786a7222a1914a2392.png

image.png.352bb99a2f7e90900f311085cfe200cc.png

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Well I guess you'd rank them in finishing position of both EoS and ERJFA, as things currently stand this is an example of how that would look;

image.png.d11b87684db3c9786a7222a1914a2392.png

image.png.352bb99a2f7e90900f311085cfe200cc.png

Well that’s just confused me and I note it’s only an example. How on earth are you grading them? Surely all super league teams would be in the same league. And no answer to what happens at the end of the season. 

I thought it was fairly simple, its based in finishing positions. Currently it would be;

Bonnyrigg - A, Dundonald - B, Camelon - A, Hill of Beath - B, Musselburgh - A, Haddington - B, Blackburn A and so on. 

Do the same in the EoS;

LTHV - A, Leith - B, Preston - A, Herriot Watt - B etc.

All labelled A go into Section A, all labelled B go into Section B.  Section winners play-off for title, top 7 or 8 in each section form the top divisions for 2019/20.

Just now, lithgierose said:

What if more teams were to apply.more than the AN other.just keep adding.or shorter leagues adding a third and fourth etc etc.? A richt pyramid lol

Think that was more respecting a club's anonymity or taking into consideration a 2nd lowland league club being relegated. I didn't spot another of the guessed at amateur teams that have meant to have applied.

1 minute ago, lithgierose said:

What if more teams were to apply.more than the AN other.just keep adding.or shorter leagues adding a third and fourth etc etc.? A richt pyramid lol

Well the closing date has passed for next season.  The following season new applicants join at the lower level I'd assume.

7 hours ago, Truthteller said:

3 divisions in the east region next season ?

Superleague, South and North or will it be the same set up with reduced numbers

I believe a step back to that set up is being considered. So from a premier league in which every team was capable of beating each other(Kirrie v Mussy) we'll be going to a regional league where the bottom teams will be conceding over a hundred goals.

The only thing I can hope is that the decision is made as soon as possible after the 26th so that teams and their supporters will know if they are actually playing for anything this season.

I thought it was fairly simple, its based in finishing positions. Currently it would be;

Bonnyrigg - A, Dundonald - B, Camelon - A, Hill of Beath - B, Musselburgh - A, Haddington - B, Blackburn A and so on. 

Do the same in the EoS;

LTHV - A, Leith - B, Preston - A, Herriot Watt - B etc.

All labelled A go into Section A, all labelled B go into Section B.  Section winners play-off for title, top 7 or 8 in each section form the top divisions for 2019/20.

Obviously the assumption here is that kelty win the playoff. Just winning the eos doesn’t get them out that league yet. ( I know you haven’t included them as current league positions show them winning the eos )

I’d also suggest the pattern at one would start A,B,A,B ( for example the juniors) and the other ( eos) would have its pattern start B,A,B,A.

6 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Obviously the assumption here is that kelty win the playoff. Just winning the eos doesn’t get them out that league yet. ( I know you haven’t included them as current league positions show them winning the eos )

I’d also suggest the pattern at one would start A,B,A,B ( for example the juniors) and the other ( eos) would have its pattern start B,A,B,A.

Aye it was only an example of how it might end up looking.  We'll find out soon enough.

50 minutes ago, gogsy said:

:unsure2::unsure2:How the **** are you not getting it, its not ****ing rocket science.

Maybe because when I posted Burnie hadn’t quite set it out as he then explained it. Apologies we aren’t all as quick on the uptake as you. 

2 hours ago, PatP said:

Well that’s just confused me and I note it’s only an example. How on earth are you grading them? Surely all super league teams would be in the same league. And no answer to what happens at the end of the season. 

No way. Your suggestion isn't a level playing field for EoS clubs or for new entrants.