Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

Next thing will be clubs having to pay the National Minimum Wage, and the involvement of HMRC !!!!!!!! Minefield

That's already a requirement  if you sign a professional contract, regardless of who you play for.

4 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

Next thing will be clubs having to pay the National Minimum Wage, and the involvement of HMRC !!!!!!!! Minefield

That's what every non league team should be worried about in the next 2 years because it's going to happen big time. The HMRC up to now have only been playing at it.

40 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

No, players who may have just signed a 2 year contract to play with a club in the east region juniors only to find out his terms and conditions have changed or are changing.

Players sign to the club not the grade.  For what it's worth we consulted our players before going public and asking them to sign contract extensions.  Most have re-signed some haven't - that's their prerogative.  Players come and go - that's football. If none of them wanted to re-sign we'd still be moving EOS.

26 minutes ago, santheman said:

That's what every non league team should be worried about in the next 2 years because it's going to happen big time. The HMRC up to now have only been playing at it.

Get your house in order then.  If you pay players everything needs to be above board.  PAYE, Tax and Pension Schemes etc. 

3 hours ago, gogsy said:

Aye teams like Dalkeith will hate travelling to those clubs, rather travel to Kirrie/St Andrews/Tayport/Downfield.

We have done our research - there will be slightly less travelling in the EOS league for us. Mibbe more for me personally cos I don't live in Dalkeith - but hey ho.

4 hours ago, Truthteller said:

Have any of the clubs intending to leave consulted the most important people involved in this, namely the players ?

If players find it difficult either through work or family commitments to commit to playing in the EOSL or LL then that may create a problem.

Having had a chat with one of the gents at Camelon last weekend, their playing squad for one was driving a move to the EoS, and a couple weren’t sure whether to sign on for next season if they remained a Junior side.

Personally, regardless of my own opinion, I don't think anything will be open to any kind of inspection until whatever happens is well underway. Many aspects that, as Juniors, clubs have not needed to be concerned with will now be seen as ' critical' by the lords and masters too.

' Be careful what you wish for' is a saying that springs easily to mind in this chaos in the making, but the truth is that anyone who wants to join the circus isn't going to say a word against it and the brave new world will be declared  a 'success', whether it is or not. ( Nobody likes being wrong.)

One thing is for certain, if someone is against the change, they are as entitled to their opinion as anyone else. This might seem obvious, but there seem plenty around who seem themselves as 'dynamic' and those who think otherwise as 'luddites'. Still, if it didn't have petty squabbling and name calling in it, it wouldn't be Scottish football, would it?

4 minutes ago, froggie said:

Personally, regardless of my own opinion, I don't think anything will be open to any kind of inspection until whatever happens is well underway. Many aspects that, as Juniors, clubs have not needed to be concerned with will now be seen as ' critical' by the lords and masters too.

' Be careful what you wish for' is a saying that springs easily to mind in this chaos in the making, but the truth is that anyone who wants to join the circus isn't going to say a word against it and the brave new world will be declared  a 'success', whether it is or not. ( Nobody likes being wrong.)

One thing is for certain, if someone is against the change, they are as entitled to their opinion as anyone else. This might seem obvious, but there seem plenty around who seem themselves as 'dynamic' and those who think otherwise as 'luddites'. Still, if it didn't have petty squabbling and name calling in it, it wouldn't be Scottish football, would it?

We aren't joining a circus - we are leaving one. 

1 minute ago, lithgierose said:

I take it,it will be the eos who finally decide who joins the league.and if it has to be split into leagues one and two,if to many applicants.teams with late entry could jump above those that applied weeks ago.

The EoSFL are going to decide successful applicants, don't believe any of them have a current licence so they aren't in a position to be forced to accept. The news before the meeting they had last week was that all clubs would be a tier 6 for 2018/19. The specifics of that will probably be decided between the existing EoSFL & new members.

27 minutes ago, froggie said:

No, that's not the truth.

22 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

I take it,it will be the eos who finally decide who joins the league.and if it has to be split into leagues one and two,if to many applicants.teams with late entry could jump above those that applied weeks ago.

The EoS have already confirmed to applicants that there will be two sections at tier 6 next season, there wont be Div 1 and 2.

25 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The EoS have already confirmed to applicants that there will be two sections at tier 6 next season, there wont be Div 1 and 2.

It will be interesting to see how that split works. And how they sort that at seasons end. 

2 minutes ago, PatP said:

It will be interesting to see how that split works. And how they sort that at seasons end. 

This is a complete guess, but I'd wager two sections based on finishing positions this season ie seeded.  Then the top 7 or 8 in each section form the top division for 2019/20.

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

This is a complete guess, but I'd wager two sections based on finishing positions this season ie seeded.  Then the top 7 or 8 in each section form the top division for 2019/20.

Might not be too far off there, though they may also look at the teams within each seeding group and try and pair them if there are, for example, potential derby matches which would be good for interest /the league. They may want to make sure those teams are in the same section at Tier 6.

Of the teams rumoured so far theres potential for at least one (new) derby match, if they end up being accurate.