Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

I'd accept the idea that teams have to start at the bottom and work up if it was just a single team but it looks like an entire migration we're talking about and that's a completely different thing.  We're talking in terms of a merger.  If we are seriously talking about the integration of the SJFA into the SFA structure then the easiest way to get somewhere near equilibrium is to have the top junior teams entering at a higher level and so on using whatever mechanism is best.

Otherwise we'll have to endure seasons of lopsided matches until the top junior sides squeeze out of the lower divisions at a rate of two per year.

Or, alternatively, the players currently with the top junior sides leave to join teams in the higher divisions and those junior teams never reach what should have been their natural level due to the faulty structure.

They migrate under the current structure that’s in place, easy. SJFA hold no bargaining power, they will hold even less if what we heard is true in that Tuesdays meeting was a negative, scaremongering disaster with no clear realistic plan to migrate.

A dozen or so Junior clubs will join the bottom of the SFA Pyramid this season, the bargaining power becomes even less, and yes the better players in the East you would think will want to play in the LL and EOS. Where that leaves Boness Linlithgow and the remaining clubs left in the East who knows.

22 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

I'd accept the idea that teams have to start at the bottom and work up if it was just a single team but it looks like an entire migration we're talking about and that's a completely different thing.  We're talking in terms of a merger.  If we are seriously talking about the integration of the SJFA into the SFA structure then the easiest way to get somewhere near equilibrium is to have the top junior teams entering at a higher level and so on using whatever mechanism is best.

Otherwise we'll have to endure seasons of lopsided matches until the top junior sides squeeze out of the lower divisions at a rate of two per year.

Or, alternatively, the players currently with the top junior sides leave to join teams in the higher divisions and those junior teams never reach what should have been their natural level due to the faulty structure.

An integration of clubs/leagues into the SFA pyramid might well be happening, but it's certainly not a merger. Tier 6 on the pyramid essentially has  open spots in the North and West that can be filled by those willing to do so. The East has been in the same position, its just getting filled up this year.

This isn't a Queen's Park situation where you can ignore what's going on around you and still be invited to the top table 10 years later.

16 minutes ago, kefc said:

They migrate under the current structure that’s in place, easy. SJFA hold no bargaining power, they will hold even less if what we heard is true in that Tuesdays meeting was a negative, scaremongering disaster with no clear realistic plan to migrate.

A dozen or so Junior clubs will join the bottom of the SFA Pyramid this season, the bargaining power becomes even less, and yes the better players in the East you would think will want to play in the LL and EOS. Where that leaves Boness Linlithgow and the remaining clubs left in the East who knows.

Screenshot_20180414-232204.png

2 hours ago, santheman said:

I am neither a Pollok Linlithgow or Auhinleck fan but do you honestly think clubs of their stature  should be below the whole of the SoS and EoS and most of the LL in terms of infrastructure,finances and fan base??

Stature?  Diminishing every year.

13 hours ago, drs said:

Read that this morning, its an embarrassingly outdated piece of thinking. He hasn't even realised that the "wasteland" of the EOS will have a significant number of "Junior" clubs in it - and lets be honest if Camelon are one of the Juniors biggest clubs in the country as claimed in the article then I must have been watching games with my eyes closed.

Yous two should get a room 

Again

Let's see how long players put up with travelling to locations like Peebles, Coldstream, Eyemouth and Tweedmouth (England) on a regular basis to pump teams. Not exactly local, and let's not forget some people have to work on Saturday mornings.

Away from home and family for longer, can just imagine the family conversation, how did you get on today ?  Travelled for a couple of hours, played this team from the borders, won 10-1 , had a beer at their place and travelled home, another couple of hours.

Left home at 10am and got home at 7pm.  Never mind dear, I'm playing senior in the pyramid !!!!!!

Let's see how long players put up with travelling to locations like Peebles, Coldstream, Eyemouth and Tweedmouth (England) on a regular basis to pump teams. Not exactly local, and let's not forget some people have to work on Saturday mornings.
Away from home and family for longer, can just imagine the family conversation, how did you get on today ?  Travelled for a couple of hours, played this team from the borders, won 10-1 , had a beer at their place and travelled home, another couple of hours.
Left home at 10am and got home at 7pm.  Never mind dear, I'm playing senior in the pyramid !!!!!!

Kelty have enjoyed it.

Your main gripe is against travel times rather than mismatches. You honestly expect ambition players to be worrying about travel times, even in your exaggerated scenario there are many players willing to put in the commitment required.

There are part time players traveling 90 mins + to train?dozens who will travel 3-4-hours for home games.

Getting home at 7pm????? No way that’s fucking ridiculous that, they’ll no be able to watch the Simpsons with their tea [emoji23]

But what you have are teams who did not start at the bottom as you say and are only in the League they are in because they know how to fill in a good application form or have become a kiddy on Community Club
I am neither a Pollok Linlithgow or Auhinleck fan but do you honestly think clubs of their stature  should be below the whole of the SoS and EoS and most of the LL in terms of infrastructure,finances and fan base??. 
Take Edusport for example and the old joke that the Juniors are watched by one man and his dug. Well the dug must have fecked off before kick off when I watched them and to think they could actually become an SFL team at some point beggars belief.

A “kiddy on community club”? This betrays a complete and utter lack of understanding of what is required to become an SFA recognised community club. There’s nothing “kiddy on” about the effort and commitment required to get to the stage where your work in the community in providing sporting opportunity to kids, to the aged and to the disadvantaged is recognised by a governing body who are encouraging the reinvestment of peoples time into their community. Your dismissal of the kind of hard work and local engagement that is shown by many of these clubs you disparage, intentionally or otherwise, does nothing for your argument, an argument that weakens by the day. “mon the Juniors, we’re magic by the way and better than youse cause a say so” just doesn’t cut it with anyone who matters. It’s taken some time and, seemingly, will take still more time yet, but the Juniors will eventually have to recognise the utter folly of their conceit and their ignorance.

If you want to truly be part of the solution then stop criticising from your keyboard and get out there an help your club become a community club, if done correctly - and it won’t be easy - then everyone in your community will benefit. Give up your time, be committed, be selfless and be determined. Or, of course, just snipe from the sidelines.

“A kiddy on community club”. Poor stuff.

Long term i'm looking for a name out there (maybe played the odd European game over the years) arriving in the LL or lower. Possibly some club that's got a long history and could get a crowd on a good day. A boardroom melt down were some dodgy director has ripped the place off and the club crashes through the leagues. And of course part of the deal is they find themselves stuck at Level 5/6.  Be too easy to say a Dundee/Dundee Utd although they might be candidates. And oh the spot in maybe the top two leagues going to say an Irvine Meadow or even better a Dunipace flying up the leagues.

Long term i'm looking for a name out there (maybe played the odd European game over the years) arriving in the LL or lower. Possibly some club that's got a long history and could get a crowd on a good day. A boardroom melt down were some dodgy director has ripped the place off and the club crashes through the leagues. And of course part of the deal is they find themselves stuck at Level 5/6.  Be too easy to say a Dundee/Dundee Utd although they might be candidates. And oh the spot in maybe the top two leagues going to say an Irvine Meadow or even better a Dunipace flying up the leagues.
I'm wondering in future, if a club does a Rangers (most likely Rangers tbh) and has to reform as a new club, would they have to start at the SOS or EOS league rather than in SPFL2?

7 hours ago, Mr Prez said:

Yous two should get a room 

Again

Jealousy will get you nowhere

8 hours ago, Truthteller said:

Have a wee look at what the East Superleague will look like next season.  You'll not have a leg to stand on in terms of additional travel.  And, for teams like Carnoustie or Forfar West End, they've dealt with the travel for years. I've no idea who you support but if you're in the central part of the country you've not got a leg to stand on. 

13 minutes ago, HTG said:

Have a wee look at what the East Superleague will look like next season.  You'll not have a leg to stand on in terms of additional travel.  And, for teams like Carnoustie or Forfar West End, they've dealt with the travel for years. I've no idea who you support but if you're in the central part of the country you've not got a leg to stand on. 

A large part of our support equate the pyramid to excessive travel. Indeed who wants to play Elgin away on a Tuesday evening cropped up yesterday.

It's very clear from the conversations I had  we are a million miles from convincing our members.  Pure and simply because we haven't engaged with them to address their concerns.