Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

48 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Daleboys raging so much hes started using Armadale Thistle twitter account to go to full troll mode.:lol:

TONIGHT'S CRIBBAGE CLUB AT THE STADE DEL VOLUNTEER HAS BEEN CANCELLED .TO ALLOW THE DALES ELITE ATTEND A SEMINAR ON JUNIOR FOOTBALL ..NORMAL SERVICE WILL BE RESUMED NEXT WEEK .

Nah just gave the media guy a couple o bob to show how sad some folk on pie and bog roll are .must be wonderfull in the BIG seniors league. Trolling junior club Twitter accounts .very sad .

How did the BIG junior pow wow go .must have had a glass at the wall it was in your back garden .

Cmon the mighty juniors 

Nah just gave the media guy a couple o bob to show how sad some folk on pie and bog roll are .must be wonderfull in the BIG seniors league. Trolling junior club Twitter accounts .very sad .
How did the BIG junior pow wow go .must have had a glass at the wall it was in your back garden .
Cmon the mighty juniors 

Pie and bog roll? Pure hilarity!

13 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Even for the P&B that post is actually jaw dropping. Ill informed, clichie ridden, condescending, misplaced, arrogant, ignorant, self congratulating, thoughtless, non empathetic, blinkered. Sorry man, but that post is the prime example of someone running off at the mouth, with no scrutiny involved, It's spurious in the extreme. 

Oh, the irony.  But yes, it was a terrible post.

I've read a lot of this thread but there is a helluva lot of it so I may have missed this but am I right in thinking the Highland League pyramid would consist of the North Juniors and the Tayside Juniors? And is there any indication which, if any, of said Juniors (other than Banks o' Dee) are interested in joining the pyramid in the immediate future? In the event the old boys in the HFL are persuaded to  actually join the 21st century of course.

I've read a lot of this thread but there is a helluva lot of it so I may have missed this but am I right in thinking the Highland League pyramid would consist of the North Juniors and the Tayside Juniors? And is there any indication which, if any, of said Juniors (other than Banks o' Dee) are interested in joining the pyramid in the immediate future? In the event the old boys in the HFL are persuaded to  actually join the 21st century of course.

I don't think there's really been any discussion about how a theoretical north pyramid would look. Part of the issue with the Highland / Lowland split is the population mismatch: only a fifth of the population are in the Highland catchment. What talent is available is thinly spread with the majority of players Aberdeen and Shire based.

Only a few NRJFA sides would be competitive in the HFL, with the caveat that the furthest north the region goes is Inverness. My personal view is that there should be some form of trapdoor in the HFL - how this is realistically achieved, I don't know.

29 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Aberdeen Uni I understand are interested. Good ground and former SFA Members.  Any others ?

Aberdeen Uni I understand are interested. Good ground and former SFA Members.  Any others ?

A fair number of clubs stated their support to the pyramid, in whatever form that takes. I'd imagine the uni would be keen, they have enough players to run multiple teams and, as you said, a decent floodlit ground. However, I'm struggling to think of any other NRJFA sides that might be keen (Banks o' Dee's statements taken with a pinch of salt). I suspect many of them don't feel the current discussions really apply to them.

36 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

In terms of the recent questionnaire the majority of north region & tayside clubs in the Highland League boundary voted yes to "Should Junior Football join the current Pyramid system?".

The expectation is that if Cove were to be promoted that Banks o'Dee would look to take up the vacancy despite denying an interest earlier in the season. As for everyone else you have to be licenced and have floodlights to play in the Highland League, so you can tack on the junior leagues below and anyone not interested in promotion can easily avoid it if they really wanted to but still be within the pyramid structure.

5 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

A fair number of clubs stated their support to the pyramid, in whatever form that takes. I'd imagine the uni would be keen, they have enough players to run multiple teams and, as you said, a decent floodlit ground. However, I'm struggling to think of any other NRJFA sides that might be keen (Banks o' Dee's statements taken with a pinch of salt). I suspect many of them don't feel the current discussions really apply to them.

I remember from FitbaNorth it was said a club returned the SJFA questionnaire unanswered for the very reason that it did not apply to them.

In terms of the recent questionnaire the majority of north region & tayside clubs in the Highland League boundary voted yes to "Should Junior Football join the current Pyramid system?".
The expectation is that if Cove were to be promoted that Banks o'Dee would look to take up the vacancy despite denying an interest earlier in the season. As for everyone else you have to be licenced and have floodlights to play in the Highland League, so you can tack on the junior leagues below and anyone not interested in promotion can easily avoid it if they really wanted to but still be within the pyramid structure.

Maybe something like having the bottom one or two spots in the HFL as potential relegation places. Then, something like the English lower league system where a club in the NCL or NRJFA or North of Tay ERJFA (if integrated) can declare their wish to be promoted by a certain point in the season.

Just now, Cyclizine said:

Maybe something like having the bottom one or two spots in the HFL as potential relegation places. Then, something like the English lower league system where a club in the NCL or NRJFA or North of Tay ERJFA (if integrated) can declare their wish to be promoted by a certain point in the season.

Even something like we have now with the South & East feeding into the Lowland. You only have to worry about change if the lower league champion is licenced. Even then if the Highland was willing to run as a single division of 19 (maybe 20 can't remember) they could accept licenced champions without worrying about relegation initially.

Daleboys raging so much hes started using Armadale Thistle twitter account to go to full troll mode.:lol:

TONIGHT'S CRIBBAGE CLUB AT THE STADE DEL VOLUNTEER HAS BEEN CANCELLED .TO ALLOW THE DALES ELITE ATTEND A SEMINAR ON JUNIOR FOOTBALL ..NORMAL SERVICE WILL BE RESUMED NEXT WEEK .

4tPb1B9.gif

Cmon the mighty juniors 

c53.gif

Even something like we have now with the South & East feeding into the Lowland. You only have to worry about change if the lower league champion is licenced. Even then if the Highland was willing to run as a single division of 19 (maybe 20 can't remember) they could accept licenced champions without worrying about relegation initially.

Yep. The North will never have as deep a pyramid as further south, with multiple divisions at each level, the depth just isn't there. That is the pragmatic one - although I think the HFL will struggle with any more teams than it currently has in trying to fit in the matchdays.

4 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Yep. The North will never have as deep a pyramid as further south, with multiple divisions at each level, the depth just isn't there. That is the pragmatic one - although I think the HFL will struggle with any more teams than it currently has in trying to fit in the matchdays.

With a possible club getting promoted at some point, and Fort William's struggles, change however small is likely to come sooner than later.

45 minutes ago, sniffer said:

Big meeting tonite for the juniors at inverkeithing , actually Cant believe some clubs never attended as there were instructed to do so as the importance of the topic , Blackburn being one, ignorance comes to mind.

Quite so, but was anything useful decided at the meeting ? What was its purpose ?

48 minutes ago, sniffer said:

Big meeting tonite for the juniors at inverkeithing , actually Cant believe some clubs never attended as there were instructed to do so as the importance of the topic , Blackburn being one, ignorance comes to mind.

If clubs can't be bothered to turn up then get them to f##k, better off without them.

Contempt and a lack of respect for other junior clubs.

One good thing should be not having to read their pish on this juniors forum, however we shall see.

6 hours ago, Truthteller said:

If clubs can't be bothered to turn up then get them to f##k, better off without them.

Contempt and a lack of respect for other junior clubs.

One good thing should be not having to read their pish on this juniors forum, however we shall see.

7 hours ago, sniffer said:

Seriously, you don't understand why Blackburn weren't there?

Dear god.