Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

East Region / SJFA meeting tonight with the clubs. Given the differing opinions on the Pyramid, even amongst those clubs who are open to it, it will be interesting to see if any sort on consensus is reached.

And indeed the opinion of the ESJFA. Did I read somewhere that TJ would be there. Wonder if he will be allowed to speak or is he just there to observe take notes and realise the amount of resentment against him and the SJFA.

Just now, bravehearts dad said:

And indeed the opinion of the ESJFA. Did I read somewhere that TJ would be there. Wonder if he will be allowed to speak or is he just there to observe take notes and realise the amount of resentment against him and the SJFA.

They should just put this thread on a big screen.:1eye

5 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

I suspect TJ will be the one running the show.  I wonder if he'll be able to force himself to be positive about the Pyramid?

Now that the facts and information have been on here the last few months you would think they would have filtered into most committees who should have them to hand.

Should hopefully stop the absolute pi** about £150k toilets, clubs needing to spend tens of thousands on the ground, floodlights being a stipulation and the “we are looking into changes but it might not be in the timeframe you want” line we got 12 month ago. 

Clubs either come away from that meeting buzzing with a confidence TJ can lead his clubs into a modern structure quickly that actually helps his Member clubs or they come away knowing those who have applied to the EOS have made the correct decision.

24 minutes ago, kefc said:

Clubs either come away from that meeting buzzing with a confidence TJ can lead his clubs into a modern structure quickly that actually helps his Member clubs

Pass me that drink you're supping :guinness

I would expect TJ to try and talk clubs out of leaving.

It would be nice  if someone could ask John Reilly if the east region  will work on the structure for next season now so that clubs will know how many sides  will be promoted/relegated this year before the season ends.

I wonder if anyone would have the baws to ask the East Region committee whether they should be opening dialogue directly with the EoSFL with a view to a full merger into the Senior set-up, rather than trusting in the SJFA.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

I wonder if anyone would have the baws to ask the East Region committee whether they should be opening dialogue directly with the EoSFL with a view to a full merger into the Senior set-up, rather than trusting in the SJFA.

If you are going to the meeting have you got the baws to ask him?

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You could apply those sentiments to quite a lot of the shite you’ve posted here too.

Utterly refute that. Some might disagree with me but most of what I post is considered. Also, you don’t get me retorting in a cheap vitriolic fashion the way you just did. That’s a lazy post aimed at cheap point scoring and states nothing, bet you feel chuffed as well with yer pals green dotting you for that intelligent post! ^_^

1 minute ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Utterly refute that. Some might disagree with me but most of what I post is considered. Also, you don’t get me retorting in a cheap vitriolic fashion the way you just did. That’s a lazy post aimed at cheap point scoring and states nothing, bet you feel chuffed as well with yer pals green dotting you for that intelligent post! ^_^

I agree, your posts are considered.... full of Pish.

19 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I can’t see Clydebank actually organising the league though, they would be in conflict with the league they are already in, would run the risk of them being voted out with no where to go. Surprised they are staying junior for another year at least, fully expect they will be made an example of. Seems like poor planning.

It's a worry for some, though the way things have worked out I really see no benefit to the SJFA of doing this, and if anything it could see a lot of negatives for them.

They now need to show that they are committed to long term, strong and sensible leadership. Kicking us out in an act of obvious pettyness would show them up for what many already perceive. It would convince some that their future lies away from them.

25 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

I agree, your posts are considered.... full of Pish.

Oh, a wonderful retort, your wit and imagination knows no bounds. Why don’t you and he of the nom de plum selected to   project intellegence, form a wee green dot pact. That way you can both feel all superior with your incredible repartee. In the mean time I will feel well put in place by such amazing minds.

Sometimes one can only stand back and admire and take consolation with the fact that one can’t compete with genius! :thumsup2

Just a thought, can anyone put me on to the software used on here. It must be something like the sniper stuff folk use on eBay so as not to mis out on a purchase. Burnie must have it as anyone who remotely criticises me get a green dot from him. Surely he hasn’t the time or inclination to scan himself, has he? 

2 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Just a thought, can anyone put me on to the software used on here. It must be something like the sniper stuff folk use on eBay so as not to mis out on a purchase. Burnie must have it as anyone who remotely criticises me get a green dot from him. Surely he hasn’t the time or inclination to scan himself, has he? 

You sound upset, need a hug?